• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gan'arg Engineer

Gan'arg are stunted mo'arg and serve the Burning Legion as engineers. Smart and fast-thinking, the gan'arg make new inventions and delight in using them to further their own purposes.
02/07/2010
-Fixed Texture Anim of Ether Canister
02/06/2010
-Changed Texture of Ether Canister

Keywords:
demon, worker, outland, netherstorm, scavenger, slave
Contents

Gan'arg Engineer (Model)

Assets
Reviews
22:26, 6th Feb 2010 DonDustin: nice builder model

M

22:26, 6th Feb 2010
DonDustin: nice builder model

Oh, you updated it. It looks great now. This model is really awesome, I love everything about it, the mesh, the wrap, the texture choice, the animations, the warcraftishness and the creative concept. I would even consider a Director's Cut for being fancy and creative, but the model may seem too simple/tiny to the moderators to be in DC.
Anyhow, amazing work.

Did you do it yourself or do you used this as your base?
I'm not judging, you just asking.

Nope. I used Blizzard's goblin sapper model, converted it to 3ds, re-wrapped it in Lith Unwrap, saved as m3ds, imported to magos, saved as mdl, copied and pasted all of peon's bones and helpers, moved them by rough guesses, rigged the mesh to those bones, and finally added lumber, gold and Pickaxe.
Besides, If you look at that model it is based off of the peasant anims and is left handed because of it, where mine is right handed since it is based of of peon anims.

And if there is still is any possiblity that you still don't believe me, I still have mdl's of each step to prove it.

Last edited:
Nope. I used Blizzard's goblin sapper model, converted it to 3ds, re-wrapped it in Lith Unwrap, saved as m3ds, imported to magos, saved as mdl, copied and pasted all of peon's bones and helpers, moved them by rough guesses, rigged the mesh to those bones, and finally added lumber, gold and Pickaxe.
Besides, If you look at that model it is based off of the peasant anims and is left handed because of it, where mine is right handed since it is based of of peon anims.

And if there is still is any possiblity that you still don't believe me, I still have mdl's of each step to prove it.

Alright. I hope you don't mind that I asked.

Level 48
Since it's a Gan'arg, I'd recommend using the Infernal Machine texture for the barrel on his back, and add some tubes connecting the barrel to the Gan'arg. Also, the texture on the bracers could be improved; take one from the Doom Guard or something. The current texture looks too tribal, imo.

...Also, I honestly think that you could come up with something more original than a pickaxe.

Since it's a Gan'arg, I'd recommend using the Infernal Machine texture for the barrel on his back, and add some tubes connecting the barrel to the Gan'arg. Also, the texture on the bracers could be improved; take one from the Doom Guard or something. The current texture looks too tribal, imo.

...Also, I honestly think that you could come up with something more original than a pickaxe.

ah, so that was the texture that was on the tip of my tongue Oo

Debode, it is a worker model. If I get to carried away the filesize will start to increase, raising the chance of lag when you have a bunch workers harvesting in one area. The key is to make it simple, yet easily recognizable. This especially true for workers since they are often the most abundant units on a map.

As for the pick axe, why would they really need anything other than it? Its a simple but efficient tool.

Level 19
Very good job with this! Indeed useful - sorry I can't give ya rep, but I have already given to a lot of people today, and actually I can't rep until 24 hours have passed ^^

What about making a Mo'arg-model also? And perhaps more units, buildings or doodads found in the Forge Camps in Outland? I'm actually in need of those ^^

Level 3
This is perfect! Just what I needed for a lore-accurate demon worker. Great model in itself too. Thank you~