• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Game variants hindering publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I can publish a map just fine, but once I do even the smallest modification with the game variants, it won't upload. It's really annoying. Anybody know why this happens?

Level 6
Did you set the "Player Properties" Race settings to something other than "(Any)" and did you define the race settings in game variants too?

There's an odd bug where if you do not have player property race settings set to "(Any)" and if you define them in the game variants, it won't publish. So try setting the Player Property race settings (Map > Player Properties> all to "(Any)" and see if that fixes the problem.

Level 3
@ Newuser: I changed the races to "any", and it did indeed work. I only made a few custom changes to the variants, but before it didn't work whenever I made a single change, so it might be fixed now. Thanks, man!

Edit: Crap. It uploaded, but when I try to open a lobby with it, it says, "SC2_INTERNAL_ERROR" or something.

Its cause you put the game varients into an invalid state. How you are modifying them is not allowed.

Okay... can you be more specific?

Level 6
I remember encountering that exact same error too but I do not remember exactly what I did to fix it.

(The below is for "Game Variants > Attributes Tab")

Might be an issue with the "Team" settings. Make sure the "[#]" in Team 1 [1] Team 1 [2] (for example) all have different numbers because they represent the placement slot on that team.

It should go Team 1 [1], Team 1 [2] (for example) and not Team 1 [1], Team 1 [1].

What I use is "Games Teams [Premade]" (Leaving "Games Teams" empty and unedited) and edited the "Player Team [Premade]" settings.

Though you can use the non-premade version too (if you get it to work) but when I did it, it did not set up the lobby correctly for some reason even though I checked all settings.

If that doesn't work, try changing some of the other settings (try experimenting with some settings and see if it fixes the problem, sadly I did not remember what I did to fix the problem when I encountered it).

Also remember to make sure that the "Map > Player Properties" settings do not conflict with the "Game Variant > Attribute" settings [they should be the same if possible with the exception of the "Races" field which should be set to (Any)].

Level 3
I'm making it work now, but I still have an inquiry.

It's supposed to be a 2-player map, with one computer enemy. How can I make it so Battle.net recognizes it as a 2-player map? Cause it thinks it is a 3-player map (it has that "3" where the number of players stand), which is odd, because only two players can be in the lobby.

I've been doing some back and forward, and it's only the computer player which is causing harm.

Level 12
How did you set it? Controller to computer (and locked), or in player properities?

EDIT: Only way it worked for me was setting controller to computer and both other controllers to open (setting in player properities didn't change anything). It still shows 3 players though. Maybe it's not possible and you should use hostile player.

Last edited:
Make sure you're not setting any illegal or contradicting settings for the variants.
For example the game is able to have (16?) players in a lobby, or at least did.
If you tell the variants that there are 17 allowed to play, it is an illegal action and thus will make you hate life.

If that doesn't work and you can't find any solutions, reset variants and use triggers at map init (most game variants can be changed with triggers once the actual game has started, but things such as lobby (obviously) can't be, and thus.. well.. you're screwed<3)

Status
Not open for further replies.