• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Publish error: Header information is corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
My file is failed to upload when I publish my game and I get the following error: "Header information is corrupt". I have no idea why this is happening..
There is something I need to add or change in the game variant or somewhere else before publishing the game? because I didn't change any options... (except with the data of course)
I uploaded a few screen captures that maybe will help you spot the problem.

I will super appreciate any help! (-:

http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/li5445/library/

Level 2
If I recall correctly, this is a bug related to map information. Maybe an invalid character.

So what I need to do in order to fix that?
I am using blizzard map, do you think it can cause the problem? how do I remove it without deleting all my data?

Level 2
I don't see anything look invalid. Can you look at the pictures and tell me if there is somthing need to changed for your opinion?
In one of the forums said that the problem can caused if using Blizzard's map, so I want to try to replace/remove it. Do you know how to do it without removing all my data?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Your map cannot be a melee/custom map because you are using campaign dependencies which violate melee play. You also need a lobby to join from the Arcade section which melee maps cannot generate. You need to change the selection to Arcade map. It would probably be a good idea to show the lobby so people do not get annoyed.

Level 2
Your map cannot be a melee/custom map because you are using campaign dependencies which violate melee play. You also need a lobby to join from the Arcade section which melee maps cannot generate. You need to change the selection to Arcade map. It would probably be a good idea to show the lobby so people do not get annoyed.

I did what you wrote and the problem still exist, I figure out how to replace a map and even this didn't helped. Do you have any more suggestions?

Level 2
I will save this as last resort.

I found solutions to the problem on the net, but I have no idea what I need to check and what it means:

Corrupt headers.
Make sure the following is set properly:
Premade game > yes
Rules > (none)
Teams > (none)
Controller > open or none
Teams Premade > anything other than none
Player Team (from 2 teams to ffa) > (none)
Set Team [Premade what you chose in step 5] > what you want your lobby layout to look like.

Level 2
Problem fixed!!!!
Here is what I did:
I started an entirly new map, published it (for spoting the problem by going step by step) (after fixing what preventing it from publishing in the publish window), then exported all the data for both maps, transfered the files in "GameData" to the new map together with all the localized folders data (by **adding** the the data in the end of the line of each similar file), then publish it again (for checking there is no error). Eventually I adding my previous dependecies and publish it at the last time!
*It recommanded not to change anything with the player properties/game varient/game attribute.
Thanks for all the help! (-:

Status
Not open for further replies.