• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Game ignores changes I do in WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi, all! No, I'm not back, I have no time for modding.

However, I decided to toy with the editor a bit when I had a free minute recently and was horrified, how many things have I forgotten...

Remind me please (or rather "teach me", 'cos I never faced such stuff) why would the game ignore numerous changes I do in WE? For instance:
1) it ignores collision size I set for units. It uses collision size of the base unit
2) it ignores Initial Mana Amount set for units
3) it ignores damage and radius changes for KABOOM! ability of goblin sappers
4) that very KABOOM! wouldn't damage air targets, even though "Air" is ticked as allowed target
5) it ignores movement height changes

and maybe something I don't remember atm.

all these changes work perfectly in WE. they do not in-game

Hope for quick answer, while I still have time to toy with the editor =)
Sorry for trivial questions (in case they are such)

1) It shouldn't. Pathing - Collision size should be able of doing that. Make sure you don't edit the unit through the Campaign Editor. If you totally want to remove collision (for dummies only), use "Locust" ability.

2) Make sure Stats - Maximum mana is higher than 0, and higher or equal to the initial mana amount.

5) Make sure the Movement type is set to "Fly".

Level 13
3)
4)-
KABOOM! is an ability in which changes made does not affect the ability itself.
Use triggers.

Level 15
1) It shouldn't. Pathing - Collision size should be able of doing that. Make sure you don't edit the unit through the Campaign Editor. If you totally want to remove collision (for dummies only), use "Locust" ability.

2) Make sure Stats - Maximum mana is higher than 0.

5) Make sure the Movement type is set to "Fly".

1) but it does. I increase collision, and it works when placing units in WE, but in-game they go though each other and... well

2) OFC it is. still it starts from 0

3) OFC it is set.

Didn't know about KABOOM! though. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.