• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Game Cache issue again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Last time I had this issue Need02 told me to save the game cache. Well I have done that. In fact I have done it exactly the way I did it last time. Now what the crap is wrong!? :nemad:
  • Game Cache (map 1)
    • Events
      • (Trigger is initiated after a Run Trigger action)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from Deathwalker - Chapter 1.w3v
      • Game Cache - Store Northon as Northon of Heroes in (Last created game cache)
      • Game Cache - Save (Last created game cache)
      • Game - Set the next level to Deathwalker - Chapter 2.w3x
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
  • Initialization (map 2)
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from Deathwalker - Chapter 1.w3v
      • Game Cache - Restore Northon of Heroes from (Last created game cache) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Northon1 <gen>) facing 80.00
      • Set Northon = (Last restored unit)
Now there are wait actions before the Game Cache actions in map 2. Just in case you should say that I can't do it from initialization.
I tried creating the Game Cache from.
-Campaign name.w3n
-Campaign name.w3v
-Map name.w3m
-Map name.w3x
-Map name.w3v (as it says in the WE itself).

Level 28
I doubt you can restore it at map initialization. As Eleandor said, try putting elapsed time instead.

But it worked before. As I wrote in the first post, there are wait actions before the restore actions so it isn't restored at map initialization. All of this worked before the last campaign crashed.

Just check campaign maps to see how its done

I checked the demo campaign. And I have done exactly as it's done there and a few other variations.

I'll try elapsed time event. Hope it works cause otherwhise, I don't know what to do.

EDIT:
Well now I tried the Elapsed Time event instead, with and without spaces in the map name (Deathwalker - Chapter 1.w3v and Deathwalker.w3v) and guess what. No change, Northon isn't restored. I think I'll try changing the map names to Chapter1.w3x, Chapter2.w3x... e.t.c. (just 2 chapters atm).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
Moved... Well sure I think you can mark it solved to. The last try worked. Thanks and +rep to Captain Griffen for the "no space suggestion" allthough the string had to be the map name, but it still worked.
And with MalfunctionStrmrge as an awsome Voice Actor it feels like Deathwalker - Rise of the Legend is ready for evolution.

Oh sorry Rui. You posted while I was writing. No Northon is only created once. And .w3v is some WE instrucion.
GameCache.jpg

Problem Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.