• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Galagoz [RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
galagozlogonew.jpg

The Kingdom has fallen. The cries of the suffering haunts my every thought. What had seemed to be an infinite fight, the armies of Galagoz finally broke through our defenses. Everyone was slaughtered. Where I was the last survivor. Fighting my way out, I finally mount my steed and bailed out. I journeyed to Cedar the last remaining town on the map that stands. Devoted I was to fight along side my brothers.

Gameplay
Start out as an average villager. The town Church has called upon you in seek of your service. You meet up with the High Priest. He asks you to pick up arms and fight the plague of demons that linger just outside the town. You are loyal to the church and you accept. The High Priest asks you to go visit the General at the Barracks. You make your way to the barracks located just north of the town. The general will train you towards a profession of your choice. The options are, Knight, Wizard, Hunter. Ready to attend the action. Just outside the Barracks you will find people looking for your help. Quests will be available to help you gain the experience and items you will need to fight the plague of evil.

Keep Posted.

BETA COMING SOON!

Features:
- Single Player RPG
- 256x256
- Custom Sounds
- Custom Models from Hiveworkshop.com
- Terrain is 45% finished to my estimate.
- You can walk into buildings using triggers.
- Added Vendors with basic items.
- Attachments added.
- Quests and Missions that follow story.
- Checkpoint System.
- Boss Fights

Updates:
Beta will contain six quests. The First Boss will conclude the beta. I have decided to release a beta to increase this projects popularity.

Main Character: Alexander

Galagoz is the General of Hell that has brought the reign of death upon the realm.

115116d1340502287-galagoz-rpg-wd.jpg
115339d1341210564-galagoz-rpg-343333.jpg
115117d1340502712-galagoz-rpg-we.jpg
115357d1341274779-galagoz-rpg-wwwedv.jpg
115358d1341275041-galagoz-rpg-brks12.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is under-construction

Attachments

• heroes.JPG
    heroes.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 580
  • Barracks.JPG
    Barracks.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 815
  • peir2.JPG
    peir2.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 643
  • vendors.JPG
    vendors.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 596
  • map2.JPG
    map2.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 243.JPG
    243.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 586
  • 3433.JPG
    3433.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 589
  • sscv.JPG
    sscv.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 569
  • 2123.JPG
    2123.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 576
  • Galagozrpg.JPG
    Galagozrpg.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 489
  • wd.JPG
    wd.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 759
  • we.JPG
    we.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 792
  • town2.JPG
    town2.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 2,158
  • 343333.JPG
    343333.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 730
  • wwwedv.JPG
    wwwedv.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 698
  • brks12.JPG
    brks12.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 687
Last edited:
Level 5
I'l be adding all types of details. I've been working on this map for a few days now and I've established the foundation I needed to make it public. I'm updating the progress right now.

Level 5
The map is looking good overall its starting to come together. I started working on the introduction which includes a cinematic and the starting game play. The story goes like this:

Start out as an average villager. The town Church has called upon you in seek of your service. You meet up with the High Priest. He asks you to pick up arms and fight the plague of demons that linger just outside the town. You are loyal to the church and you accept. The High Priest asks you to go visit the General at the Barracks. You make your way to the barracks located just north of the town. The general will train you towards a profession of your choice. The options are, Warrior, Mage, Archer. (May be subject to change) The then become your desired war profession. The then go to attend the action. Just outside the Barracks you will find people looking for your help. Quests will be available to help you gain the experience and items you will need to fight the plague of evil.

Level 7
i like the idea that the villager goes first to the church, giving the fact that a long time ago the most powerful and educated people were the priests, and then he goes to the barracks

it feels like it has a very realistic story and not another RPG where you pick a class and fight till your eyes pop out.

another thing i like here is that you can choose your path, i would like to suggest here something :

i guess in order to progress you need to level up right? well after you choose your desired class, you could let the players reset their class AT LOW LEVELS if they don't like it, but if they get like to higher levels or even max level they shouldn't be allowed anymore. my point is that you could let them test the basic spells of each class to see what fits for them :).

well other than that, good luck :) subscribing to the thread, if you need any help just ask

Level 5
I need to develop a class system. Since I guess this map will be a single player map. The hero will be given the option to select between three classes. Mage, Warrior, Archer( may change ). You will then be given your basic armor and weapon. You will then learn your first skill corresponding with your class.

Level 7
btw don't use the same old class names like in every RPG, you want it to be different right?

here are some examples :

warrior - knight (this way you can combine some paladin-like spells) etc.
mage - wizard, apprentice, summoner etc.
archer - ranger, etc.

oh and for becoming a mage, the player shouldn't go to the barracks, it doesn't feel like a right spot for a mage, make him go somewhere else, like an arcane sanctum or something like that.

just some ideas.

Level 5
If you want I'l pm the map so you can play it and get ideas of what can be implemented.

[hidden=" More Pics " ]
114848d1339543355-galagoz-rpg-town.jpg

114850d1339543822-galagoz-rpg-ssa.jpg

[/hidden]

Attachments

• town.JPG
    town.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 317
  • ssa.JPG
    ssa.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Level 7
ok i played a bit and here are some things that pop into my eye :

uhm, I got it, quest givers have exclamation marks about their heads, but shouldn't the quest finishers have a question mark above? or at least another exclamation mark. the reason i'm saying this is that I couldn't find the captain in the barracks, and I clicked on every single NPC.

also, the terrain is excellent, i like it, but there are some things that might need some changing :
I'm not quite sure, but I don't think I've ever seen a fountain in a church, as well as book s on the sides of the church. same thing goes with the barracks, fountains, dalaran magic lanterns, no. Search the Hive for some church/war theme doodads and replace them.

The town on the outside looks very nice, I liked it, terrain is great just some small things that i mentioned before needs to be changed. Other than that I can't really say anything more, cause I couldn't test the classes.

good luck and if you need any help feel free to ask here :p

Level 5
I'm sorry about the quests. In reality, I have really not worked on the class system nor the quest for the General. To be honest. All the triggers currently on the map are not the actual triggers and will be replaced.

I'l see about the fountain in the church.

I'm sure by your discription that you didn't travel into the building made of bricks?

Anyways,
Thanks for testing it. It gives me some motive to actually keep working on this project.

Level 5
I need to also work on the monsters. Balanced and stronger as you progress. I want to put response triggers to spawn monsters with special effects. The boss fights, I want to give them each a story and challenging yet due able.

I still got like 4000 Doodads to use. I might be able to make it as far as terrain over all. I estimate the Terrain being 30% done to my liking.

Interface will be customized in time.

I'm decent at Cinematic triggering.

Voice Acting is a probability.

Level 5
oh and i don't see the reason why not making it for more players, i mean, it's not that fun to play alone :p

I'l set up the triggers so i can add players later. Also I started working on the first 4 quests. The hero can now select a class. Came out nice. You should test it again soon.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hey magIc_seeKer, I'm finished with the class selection.

I turned it into a quest :) I added voice acting as well. So far I've finished 5 quests.

The first and second are find people quests. The 3rd will ask you what your class will be.

4th quest will level you up and give you your basic items through your class master.

Then class master will request for you to speak with general where he asks you to take out a monster that lurks outside town. Kill it and you will gain exp/gold/unlocks next quest.

Level 5
I prefer free class customization, you can wield sword while having mage spells something like that and the terrain is dead flat >:C

Work in progress my good friend. I wish I had a team like you do. But this is a solo project.

At least we both agree on trying to keep warcraft 3 alive.

Level 5
Worked on the map a few hours today. Besides triggers, I redid the Inn, added new plants, redid the barracks.

Updates:

[hidden=" New Pics " ]
114908d1339723758-galagoz-rpg-newinn.jpg

114907d1339723758-galagoz-rpg-new-merc-area.jpg

114909d1339723910-galagoz-rpg-eco.jpg

[/hidden]

Attachments

• newinn.JPG
    newinn.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 143
  • New Merc area.JPG
    New Merc area.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 155
  • eco.JPG
    eco.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Level 28
:ogre_hurrhurr:Yup I got a team, a team of lazy(krad) troll(trollblood troll elf) people since I'm the on doing the terrain/coding/object editor, all they do is to give/create me some models/skins/icons that I need.

But still you can still improve your terrain, You just need to expand your techniques, try to experiment first before applying on your map.

Level 5
:ogre_hurrhurr:Yup I got a team, a team of lazy(krad) troll(trollblood troll elf) people since I'm the on doing the terrain/coding/object editor, all they do is to give/create me some models/skins/icons that I need.

But still you can still improve your terrain, You just need to expand your techniques, try to experiment first before applying on your map.

Thanks. I've redone several parts of the map. Its looking up.

Level 5
Finished Boss # 1

Ambassador of Hell
The most powerful wizard of hell.

Special effects, Music, spawns, and obstacles included.

You join the group of 5 other warriors that had just confronted the Ambassador. You then begin the battle.

Level 24
This seems to be a very nice idea you got going and I hope to see more of it in the future, good luck.

Level 5
This seems to be a very nice idea you got going and I hope to see more of it in the future, good luck.

Sure thing! I should be working on releasing a beta but I have been working on the terrain as a whole. I'l try to release it before months end.

Level 24
Well good luck then it's great to see people setting goals for themselves making them challenge theirselves to do their very best.

Status
Not open for further replies.