• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gain mana every time unit attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
on my D3W map, the barbarian is set to gain 1 mana each time he attacks in order to make a rage style system.

I have used the trigger as shown below:

• Barbarian Rage Gain
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to |cffe48b05Barbarian|r
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to ((Mana of (Attacking unit)) + 1.00)
However, theres a slight bug. If the barbarian is in the middle of battle, and spams the stop button half ay through attacking, the rage still goes up.

In order to stop this, I need to find a way of detecting whether or not the barbarian does damage to the attacked unit.

For example, if attacked unit is damaged, receive 1 mana
if not, do nothing.

Any ideas?? :D

Level 29
There are two ways:

1) Use the ability made by Blizzard which I don't remember its name and be done with it (and in case of "ooooo the icon doesn't look nice :((((((" you can hide it inside a disabled spell book, like any self respecting map does).

2) Create your own on-damage detection system (by your-own I mean not Blizzard's one, not literally your own, as there are tons of those ready for you if you search for them) and use it.

Solution 2 is better if you have many things that need to run upon getting hit.
If this is the only thing you need it for, just use the ability.

Level 6
Use LLDD if you know vJASS or JASS. It's under wc3c.

Well if you don't, in GUI at map initialization you do a pick every unit within playable map area and add a event to replace that Unit Is attacked event to A Unit is damaged.

You do a a unit enters playable map area and add them to the event as well.

This will leak a way or another though.

Status
Not open for further replies.