• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gaias Youtube content

Do you want more videos?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Seems there is enough interest in this. Turning this post into a compendium for gaias youtube content. If you want your content added, just reply with an embedded youtube video.

If you want more videos, suggest what you would like to see. Even if you don't want them from me in particular, I'm sure someone else (like s0ulseeker, who can actually do some editing) could honor your request.

Last edited:
A request I have is a new version of the recorded intro cinematic in high quality for an upcoming newspost presentation on Hive. The one from S0ul not only has the dialog clicking in it, but is also kinda low quality and has low fps.

... Also, some kind of gameplay trailer with all the features advertized (including the new ones like mounts) would be nice.

Level 8
I don't have the editing capability to make a trailer. I could capture scenes that would be used in one, make it available, then have the community cook up something. Also, I'd need a recent beta or wait for next patch to capture mounts.

Capturing the intro is simple enough.

Do you want this stuff in 16:9 or 4:3? By default I use war3 in 4:3 because I hate the stretched widescreen it currently resorts to.

Level 8
Huh? Quality is not affected by resolution ratio. That Bishop vs Gargoyle video was captured in 4:3, but you can still view it as 720p. Youtube adds sidebars for 4:3 uploads. For quality, the key aspect is bitrate.

Anyway, if you want it captured in stretched widescreen, I can do that.

Level 8
It's 1152x864. Comparitively, 720p is 1280x720. Pretty much the same, having more pixels on the sides rather than the top/bottom doesn't make the image quality better. That depends on your encoder and bitrate.

Unless you're trying to say you want it captured in 1080p. In that case, the downscaled 720p quality will still be almost the same as if it were captured in 720p.

Level 8
This image quality is the best I can do with my system. If you need better, we'll have to find someone with a more powerful CPU. If it looks too dark, I can recapture without Full Range but it will look a bit washed out (like war3 normally is).

Level 8
No, everything runs smoothly for me. However, you need far more processing power to capture perfectly than to run perfectly.

Normal game-play videos are fine but it seems I can't handle much cam-work.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 18
Hehe Yeah. Zwieb count me in as the villain sidekick in that movie. Daevvibo could be my name (Da = dane, ev = evil, vi = villain, bo = Jombo). Oh so much symbolism and deepness.

Level 8
i really wnat some 1.2(14) discussion stuff or maybe leveling series
i mean there is a lot to do

and if you do a boss do this song with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orMsXcvVG7M

Would have to wait for the next patch to discuss it.

I don't see what I would do with a "leveling series". Just like a normal playthrough of the game from 1-50? So like a lets-play for gaias? That may be sorta interesting, if you cut out all the grinding bits. Seems to me like it would be better to just play the game yourself than watch a video of it though. I can see the worth in doing a video for level 1 till d1 with a team as a tutorial but not any further than that.

I won't be adding music. The content will just get restricted/blocked. Anyway, if you think about it, it's pointless since you can easily play your own music in the background while you watch a video. Also, leaving the game music on will promote the extension pack.

Level 10
ok
but i have something else to comment:
you can do how to farm good gold/exp/mana/items....
or say what u are gonna like in the next patch
or try to find lore in the world
top 10/5s
like top5 cozyest places,top 10 skills
or a beginners guide
easter eggs

I recorded intro too Zwieb.

Omg this one is nice quality and fluent! Thanks mate; if I get your permission, I'll use this youtube link in the upcoming news post (and maybe also in the map section as a preview vid).

Can you make like a gameplay trailer too, showing some randomly collected scenes from the game (and possibly also cuts from boss battles)?

Level 8
Sluk your piece has been said in the OP. Someone will pickup your requests eventually, what's the rush?

As for me, I won't do any videos till the next patch. Unless it's just a boss fight that isn't affected by new mechanics.

Level 8
Players:
S0ulseeker (Monk)
EUArchangel (Bard)
ihazdialup (Sorcerer)
Bleach_of_Pain (Psion)
DGD-Kamina (Bishop)
woeski (Crusader)

Capture quality (and probably the editing aswell) is awful, but I'd still rather have the gameplay than the replay. S0ulseeker may upload an HD replay capture.

Status
Not open for further replies.