• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias Retaliation HD - going with the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hiya Zweibelchen!

I'd just like to say, first of all, thank you so much for creating and maintaining Gaias for all this time! I've loved playing the game for many years ever since it first came out, and hopefully for many more to come!

I'm absolutely stoked by the fact that you're thinking about 'upgrading' the game. Personally, I would side with going over to Dota 2 because it's a free game, and I don't have SC2. I really like Starcraft, just that it was abit pricey for me - especially with the expansions. Anyway, I fully understand your point about Dota 2's graphics being cartoony - when I first got a look at it, that was exactly what I was thinking. But when I actually tried the game, the graphics actually blend quite well, and quality-wise is quite decent. Of course this is only my opinion, but I've seen SC2, as my brother owns the game, and I would definitely say that it has stunning graphics and mechanics as well.

(Also, it is true that D2 - Reborn specifically - is still currently in the works, and from your point of view must not be a very 'stable' choice)

Either way, I'd be happy to play the game on whichever game you choose to take Gaia over to. If it's D2, yay. If it's SC2, I'll buy the damn game (+ all the expansions) no problem.

Hopefully it will all work out nicely for you Zwieb!
Lucky

Edit: Woops, I had no idea this was an old thread with the last reply being 2 months old. Sorry

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hiya Zweibelchen!

I'd just like to say, first of all, thank you so much for creating and maintaining Gaias for all this time! I've loved playing the game for many years ever since it first came out, and hopefully for many more to come!

I'm absolutely stoked by the fact that you're thinking about 'upgrading' the game. Personally, I would side with going over to Dota 2 because it's a free game, and I don't have SC2. I really like Starcraft, just that it was abit pricey for me - especially with the expansions. Anyway, I fully understand your point about Dota 2's graphics being cartoony - when I first got a look at it, that was exactly what I was thinking. But when I actually tried the game, the graphics actually blend quite well, and quality-wise is quite decent. Of course this is only my opinion, but I've seen SC2, as my brother owns the game, and I would definitely say that it has stunning graphics and mechanics as well.

(Also, it is true that D2 - Reborn specifically - is still currently in the works, and from your point of view must not be a very 'stable' choice)

Either way, I'd be happy to play the game on whichever game you choose to take Gaia over to. If it's D2, yay. If it's SC2, I'll buy the damn game (+ all the expansions) no problem.

Hopefully it will all work out nicely for you Zwieb!
Lucky

Edit: Woops, I had no idea this was an old thread with the last reply being 2 months old. Sorry
Yeah... sorry mate, but it will not happen neither in Dota2 nor SC2, because I simply don't have the time to start from scratch.

Level 1
HOLY SHIT! ... I just saw that the DOTA 2 map editor allows you to edit and texture the terrain mesh itself, instead of just brushing the terrain ground. This means I can create unique looking dungeons with stonewalls, stalagmites, cave walls, bridges, etc. in freeform without being restricted to imported models. OMFG! Alright guys, I'm sold for this feature alone. I will definitely make this for DOTA 2. Idfc about the ground textures anymore if I get this feature instead. Jesus fucking christ this is like a dream come true!

YES!!!! YES!!!! HELL YES!!!! Now it's MY TIME to yell HOLY SHIT!

And again, paraphrasing:

"Jesus fucking christ this is like a dream come true!"

Let Gaia's RULE!

Darn...off the table. A quick sample of the sky... then bang! Face in the floor again.

Gotta go fix my teeth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.