• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaia's Retaliation Moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I heard from one of my friends that gaia's retaliation was moving to star craft 2 when it came out. Is that true or is it just a rumor? If it is true then will it have the same save/load so I can keep my character?

Level 2
Well no it's rumor. It WAS a fact. But this project is burried now too. Todeszwiebel will work on another project concerning SC2, and the rest of the team died. ;)

Level 10
Well it's not entirely dead, there is the possibility that it will be revived on Warcraft III, but that possibility is very slim. Zwiebel needs a new project team to help him finish the map on wc3 as he refuses to do it by himself and the chance that someone who is as dedicated as zwiebel and is good enough to work in the editor will come around and start helping him is very slim. If you know anyone though who fits his requirements, be sure to send them his way because I for one, along with many others would love to see this project continued!

Okay, now before you burst out into happiness, I want to dampen your enthusiasm: I am not going to do this on my own. I almost did the 1.1 version of Gaias on my own at the end and that was one of the main reasons I quit developing it.

What I am looking for are new promising team members which are able to take over all the tedious parts of the map design I am so sick of:
I am looking for an item designer and an NPC/mob/quest designer.
I would concentrate on doing the stuff that is fun for me: Terraining and scripting spells.

These are the requirements:
The item designer should have great knowledge of the map and a good feel for balance. Also, he should be able to select and implement the required attachment models.
Also, he should have a very basic understanding of vJASS, to make use of the registry functions of Gaias Retaliation.

The NPC/mob/quest designer should have good knowledge of vJASS and should have a certain level of creativity. He should also be able to write proper medieval english.

As soon as I have gathered a team I consider helpful, I will start debugging some of the main issues of the map.

One of the main things that I am going to change for a possible continueing project, is, that all new content will be put into a seperate maps. With the players reaching the capital of Ankhmaron as a general hub, I feel like its time to dedicate each new area an entire, fresh map.
This will serve multiple purposes:
1) It will heavily decrease the hardware requirements of the map
2) It allows me to use a greater variation of tiles
3) It allows me to use new models and imports and even new custom music. You might see a revival of the old battle theme again, because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.