• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaia's Retaliation pre-release test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
There will be another closed pre-release test today at 18 PM GMT+1 (equals 11 AM GMT-6 east US time).
Meet at channel "Clan TuX" on european servers.

My Nation current time is 11:55 P.M.
I have to sleep in my room.
See you tomorrow.
I'm waiting for Gaia's Retaliation.
I can take it anymore.

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Shadowmap calculation is at 45% (now calculating for almost exactly 24 hours). Means that it will be done tomorrow evening if the speed remains the same.

Btw; sorry for the inconvenience, but on our testing games we realized, that there is still a bug in the save/load system. In order to repair that, we need to do another code wipe for the official release.
You can hate me now ^^'

Last edited:
Level 5
there is still a bug in the save/load system. In order to repair that, we need to do another code wipe for the official release.
You can hate me now ^^'

This........Unless: The new version loves me when i pick a healing class too!

(basically, when ever I rolled a healing class in any ORPG, Healing/cleric gear would always drop off bosses..all the time!..and it stayed true to Gaias, because all the best stuff dropped for me right away)

A lot of people are going to be happy about the Wipe...a certain someone may even laugh in my face :eek: :grin:

I'm just glad a new version is coming out

Level 10
Sorry I missed the beta testing today! I had to work on some school stuff, btw Zwiebel when we were testing the map yesterday, how come we never had to go into the sewers for the first part of the class change quests? Weren't we supposed to go down there in order to do something first before we do the second part? I acutally stumbled into the sewers and I didn't even see any mobs or anything in it o.o Are there not going to be any mobs or anything within the sewers? And I also didn't really notice any world trash 'bosses' like the Troll or Golem in new content in beta testing yesterday, I'm curious are there any?

EDIT:
Btw; sorry for the inconvenience, but on our testing games we realized, that there is still a bug in the save/load system. In order to repair that, we need to do another code wipe for the official release.
I'm actually glad imo, game needed a code wipe ^_^

A lot of people are going to be happy about the Wipe...a certain someone may even laugh in my face :eek: :grin:
haha :p

Last edited:
Level 3
I for one welcome the code-wipe as well! No more people running around with a level 38 and thousands upon thousands of gold; levels the playing field for everyone (I myself have a few level 30 ish's as well.. just an fyi) ! I'm sure there will be the fair share of QQ'ers though.. not a big fan of those guys.

Level 3
Well at all.i'm disapointed if codes doesn't work. why? becouse i have played days and days for upgrade my hero and staff to full in available version,and i couldn't w8 to continue....but now.... :con: ,and i think to ,most of ppl will be disapointed after hc playing...but we will see....

Level 13
I think the code wipe is BS since all my chars are like 30+ best gear and I don't want to have to start again sadly...........

Level 5
I think the code wipe is BS since all my chars are like 30+ best gear and I don't want to have to start again sadly...........

I am of course a little upset. but I know i shouldnt be. I was basically Power leveled to 25(class change quest level) with great gear, but what i will miss most is the fact that all the stuff that people farm for hours for dropped for me in a 20 minute period.(spells)

But since everyone is starting over, the playing field has been equaled.

Level 13
It would maybe be ok if it was just one char but ALL my chars are 30+ and by ALL I mean every class and best gear but now all the hard work is gone!

Level 3
Your hard work? How selfish does that sound? What about all the hard work the map maker gave into this map to have a balanced and fair map.

-HumbleSkills

Level 1
the codewipe is definitive needed!
i was one of the tester, and with the currently save/load ur most gear is not loaded or the wrong is loaded. AND u are not able to save most of the new items.
i dont know exactly why, but it has to do with the !!100!! new items and some new item classes.
so, codewipe yes/no ? Oo

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Well, the cause of this codewipe was basicly, that until now, the save/load system has never worked correct in the first place, but I never noticed.

There was always a bug with the internal WC3 item types I did never notice.
In JASS, the wc3 item category "Misc" is not named ITEM_TYPE_MISCALLENOUS, but ITEM_TYPE_UNKNOWN, although both categories exist and the first appears to be logical ... don't ask why. Blizzard ...
That caused some items to be saved into the wrong category, so that the save/load system overflowed after the implementation of the new items.

Status
Not open for further replies.