• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias bot, please autostart with 3-4 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

People join the Gaias hostbot and sit there AFK. Then people join, try to votestart, and see they're AFK and leave. Please set this to autostart with fewer players so that AFKs won't stall the game for so many hours

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I agree it should be set to four players.

That said, you can always kick AFK'ers. Don't feel bad about it, it's them wasting your time, so why not :) And they lose nothing since they can simply join the next game when they come back.

Level 8
You can !votekick AFKers (only needs 50% to pass). Auto-starting early would just make it difficult to get full games going, which is what the public bot is for. Try a hosting service like ENT if you want to quickly make small games.

Usually, new players who join, try to start then leave in a few minutes wouldn't have the patience for Gaias anyway.

Level 10
Yeah I appreciateit Kamina, I haven't had the time I'd like to maintain the bot myself, but you're always on top of it :D

EDIT: there's also a sticky thread though for any bot questions to make it eaiser for others to find

Level 3
People join the Gaias hostbot and sit there AFK. Then people join, try to votestart, and see they're AFK and leave. Please set this to autostart with fewer players so that AFKs won't stall the game for so many hours
u complaining bro? my timezone is GMT+8 and i dont even have players in the afternoon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.