1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gaias bot, please autostart with 3-4 players.

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by EdgeOfChaos, Sep 3, 2016.

1. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    People join the Gaias hostbot and sit there AFK. Then people join, try to votestart, and see they're AFK and leave. Please set this to autostart with fewer players so that AFKs won't stall the game for so many hours

2. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree it should be set to four players.

That said, you can always kick AFK'ers. Don't feel bad about it, it's them wasting your time, so why not :) And they lose nothing since they can simply join the next game when they come back.

3. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can !votekick AFKers (only needs 50% to pass). Auto-starting early would just make it difficult to get full games going, which is what the public bot is for. Try a hosting service like ENT if you want to quickly make small games.

Usually, new players who join, try to start then leave in a few minutes wouldn't have the patience for Gaias anyway.

4. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Currently, the autostart is at 6 players. That is a bit weird, considering the game was optimized for 5 players. So while I agree that 4 players for game start is too early, I think it should be reduced to 5 players, as that is the magic number used in the game itself.

5. SaikoDeMoN

SaikoDeMoN

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I see you already changed it to 5. Great! Thanks for managing all that stuff btw.

7. S0ulseeker

S0ulseeker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah I appreciateit Kamina, I haven't had the time I'd like to maintain the bot myself, but you're always on top of it :D

EDIT: there's also a sticky thread though for any bot questions to make it eaiser for others to find

8. zapper19

zapper19

Resources:
    Resources:
    u complaining bro? my timezone is GMT+8 and i dont even have players in the afternoon :)