• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
And here he goes again, but i can't understand a thing because i live on a media controlled society :(. I hope someday he will enlighten us all with his logic and we will be able to comprehend it thus achieving world peace.

Irony and meaningless talking is all you have? (that’s a prove of media (TV) controlled society).
Im not jesus Christ to enlighten anybody. This world is doomed for many reasons anyway.
Nvm I shouldn’t continue this type of discussions at all. Its just sometimes I forget where I live. Actually you are right Im a fool since I even bother.

Level 5
umm another party suggestion... would be nice to see a buff icon or name or anything! to show the character is debuffed ^^ (just been party friendly and pretty ) hehe

Level 1
ja ja Like this map a lot
Zwiebelchen congrats the map you've created is the best that i ever played )

Level 6
i like the idea of MC, recipe ingredients(not recipe drops) for drops. it is much more fair for everyone. i imagine if all boss drops in d3 are just ingredients or mc's, and items will be crafted using those ingredients/mc's. then there will be no useless drop aka "sold for gold"

you are farming for an item, killed firelord for 20 times and it doesnt drop yet. you cant even consider something like that as progress. but if each time you kill firelord, you get ingredients to get your items, bit by bit, then you can feel like you are getting into something. i would really like the luck factor on drops removed, even "-roll". If it is possible, can you make boss drops equal to everyone in the team? instead of item drops, give everyone an ingredient or something. It's not to make it easier to get items or something, as you can always modify how many times a player need to kill a boss to get to something. I just want to lower the luck factor on drops. Dont you feel annoyed when someone did FL for the first time, then got a pirate hat for his class. Then it was actually your 30th kill on FL, and still no arcane seal/burning heart drop.

like i mentioned earlier, i think the MCs are the first step to lowering the luck factor for drops, i just hope we get more items using MC's or boss-drop ingredients

i like the idea of MC, recipe ingredients(not recipe drops) for drops. it is much more fair for everyone. i imagine if all boss drops in d3 are just ingredients or mc's, and items will be crafted using those ingredients/mc's. then there will be no useless drop aka "sold for gold"

you are farming for an item, killed firelord for 20 times and it doesnt drop yet. you cant even consider something like that as progress. but if each time you kill firelord, you get ingredients to get your items, bit by bit, then you can feel like you are getting into something. i would really like the luck factor on drops removed, even "-roll". If it is possible, can you make boss drops equal to everyone in the team? instead of item drops, give everyone an ingredient or something. It's not to make it easier to get items or something, as you can always modify how many times a player need to kill a boss to get to something. I just want to lower the luck factor on drops. Dont you feel annoyed when someone did FL for the first time, then got a pirate hat for his class. Then it was actually your 30th kill on FL, and still no arcane seal/burning heart drop.

like i mentioned earlier, i think the MCs are the first step to lowering the luck factor for drops, i just hope we get more items using MC's or boss-drop ingredients
Well, how about simply adding a button which creates the loot everyone wants when clicking it?
Seriously folks, random drops is the basic principle of online rpgs and I'm not going to reinvent the wheel here.
There will be some more recipes in the future, but boss loot will still be luck dependant... like always.

Level 6
Omg really people begin to complain for badluck?

maybe u should add a luck item or something so they stop complaining and can you change roll to just -roll 100 to get a 100 and win and whoever does it first gets the item????

Ps: Im being sarcastic i hope not too much but yea im being sarcastic

Level 6
just click you name and on the buttom of "customize profile" in there on the left click on "edit your details" idk why u ask me i see u already changed it though

Level 6
Well, how about simply adding a button which creates the loot everyone wants when clicking it?
i have mentioned in my post about it not making things easier, just more fair for all.
Seriously folks, random drops is the basic principle of online rpgs and I'm not going to reinvent the wheel here.
well im not too familiar on that matter.
There will be some more recipes in the future, but boss loot will still be luck dependant... like always.
i like the idea of this. I mustve been too ambitious to request 100% removal of the luck factor in drops. Adding more ingredient drops/mc drops with the corresponding buyable recipes/shops to use em actually reduces this luck factor.

Level 6
naw it doesnt even matters since sorcs cant really tank a fuck if healer sucks loll

And i dont need to mention that they are not meant to tank anything

Level 4

I somehow agree with your idea.
I like the idea of crafting. It makes game more interesting and less boring. Gathering up to 3-5 DIFFERENT materials to craft an item.
Making boss drops equal to everyone in the team will make craft too eazy (even if you need e.g 5 of that material). So its better for a boss to drop 2-3 DIFFERENT materials and by rolling is decided who takes which material. Of course you will need many times the same material not just once, maybe up to 5-10 times the same material.
It makes more sense for the recipes to be for sale in the town's shops than being dropped from bosses.

Btw Zwieb we can carry up to 10 potions in a slot. How about the same for materials? or at least 5 instead of 10.

Level 10
I had a thought today while running Shade. The 'Seal' that drops off Shade is essentially a quest correct that wields a reward of a skill point. The quest itself has a 'quest range' so ultimately if you never get lucky enough to get a seal, when 1.2 comes out and you obtain max level or out range the quest will you no longer be able to get the free skill point if you go back and try to get that skill point?

EDIT: Also I've always wondered if you respec after using a seal will you respec with that extra skill point or ultimately lose it?

Level 13
You'll still get the skill point, the reward system for gold still gives it to you, it's only xp thats restricted.

As for respecing you keep the point.

Level 6
i think monk should get 2x threat on anything with steel body on. as it is, a spellpower monk is probably genarating more aggro than the max agi buld

Level 6
i would like updates about new version -.-

Edit: can you make glacier staff of shade like.....less of a joke item bcuz thats what really is a joke item is useless for cleric or mage

Last edited:
i would like updates about new version -.-
No reason to be offensive. I am currently doing some bugfixes and started creating and recording the sounds for the TabReader system.

I also made scetches for 3 new challenging boss encounters and I'm currently thinking about which one will be the new boss.

Edit: can you make glacier staff of shade like.....less of a joke item bcuz thats what really is a joke item is useless for cleric or mage
It was meant to be a fun item. Don't you think that I kind of knew that a staff with attack proccs is not what casters are looking for?

Level 10
Ooooh 3 new challenging boss encounter concepts? Interesting :D

Also btw I was healing some D3 on my druid and we attempted FL. I remembered in the past summons used to have absurdly high resistances and it was kind of broken, but as of now pets and summons are almost 100% worthless on resistance geared fights and for a class like a Druid who relies heavily on summons to do things for lets say healing or something, that's a big aspect that they can not contribute. I was thinking perhaps that since Wisdom now adds resistances of 2% for players, perhaps Wisdom could give pets like a 5% all resistance across the board? Even if someone stacks 10 points in wisdom the pet would never get more than 50% resistances but it wouldn't be so awful.

EDIT: the bottom line though if wisdom were to give pets resistance I do not think it should be a high amount and I think 5% might be a good figure. You have to consider level 50 content and you do not want summons to be maxed resistances again like they used to be, although if resistance caps are being implemented I guess that wouldn't be much of an issue.

Level 5
Yeah Druids find it very stressful to heal for fl, because my baby nymph always get 1 shot by A2A. Maybe pets can have some more resistance? Not like last time, I believe it was 66% (because now they can dodge a little) but maybe start of with 30% + 5% per wisdom point, and the cap is 75%? (or 80 meaning 10 points in Wis)

Last edited:
Yeah Druids find it very stressful to heal for fl, because my baby nymph always get 1 shot by A2A. Maybe pets can have some more resistance? Not like last time, I believe it was 66% (because now they can dodge a little) but maybe start of with 30% + 5% per wisdom point, and the cap is 75%? (or 80 meaning 10 points in Wis)
The problem is that the resistance doesn't change anything about survivability of pets as long as the amount is not absurdly high (as it was before).

The AI was altered to avoid AoE effects, but for an extremely complex AoE encounter like FL, it does have its limits.

All I can say is that for those encounters, you should try to not rely on the Nymph that much. After all, the Nymph is *only* a single spell. There are always some skills that are not as useful for certain bosses than they are on other encounters. Dispel, Ensnare, Frost Cage ... all those skills are highly situational, so I think its okay if FL grills your pets in no time.

The AI should work perfectly fine on other encounters.

Level 5
The problem is that the resistance doesn't change anything about survivability of pets as long as the amount is not absurdly high (as it was before).

The AI was altered to avoid AoE effects, but for an extremely complex AoE encounter like FL, it does have its limits.

All I can say is that for those encounters, you should try to not rely on the Nymph that much. After all, the Nymph is *only* a single spell. There are always some skills that are not as useful for certain bosses than they are on other encounters. Dispel, Ensnare, Frost Cage ... all those skills are highly situational, so I think its okay if FL grills your pets in no time.

The AI should work perfectly fine on other encounters.

hmm fair enough, when I look at it in that way guess its fair. Will be hurtful if more complex AoE's come in next version and make my baby Nymph look like a pussy xD. (But I love complex AoE's! makes the battle a lot more exciting! I remember a boss encounter where u had to turn around from boss and shield your eyes because he will kill you with the 'light' xD - think it was WoW...) but anyways I guess its fair, I just get all emotional when I hear 'I prefer a Bish heal :)' </3 xD

Level 13
Ogre bosses, ogre bosses should go in.

I know it's hard sometimes s0ul but theres always the retreat command.

Level 10
You butt out of this Vestra druids don't concern you, but perhaps you aren't familiar of the patch logs.

- Mercenaries and pets will no longer stop actions to heal when the 'retreat' order is issued

Basically if my Nymph is healing he won't stop healing to dodge the ashes with retreat. I will have to rely on its AI to dodge it. Unless perhaps I am completely wrong on that which is a very high probability because I never really bothered to notice in game if it does or not and I don't think I'm reading that correctly. I just wanted to bust a quote on you which I didn't even quote correctly :[

I agree though Zwiebel it is only one spell and the class shouldn't revolve around it to sustain. it is possible for a druid to heal FL without nymph it's just substantially harder. It's not just Nymph though ultimately all of my summons are irrelevant on that boss. Efreet by design of being fire property and doing fire damage, and Servant of Nature who will die by the lack of FR regardless. So I am essentially down three spells, four if the wolf has claw strike. I understand that certain classes will be less favorable than others in certain situations and that's fine I get that and I by no means am forced to keep all 3 summons, I could always swap it out for other spells in the future. It's just something I felt should be addressed. Hunters rely on their pets a lot as well and same as necros.

Level 13
You butt out of this Vestra druids don't concern you, but perhaps you aren't familiar of the patch logs.

- Mercenaries and pets will no longer stop actions to heal when the 'retreat' order is issued

Basically if my Nymph is healing he won't stop healing to dodge the ashes with retreat. I will have to rely on its AI to dodge it. Unless perhaps I am completely wrong on that which is a very high probability because I never really bothered to notice in game if it does or not and I don't think I'm reading that correctly. I just wanted to bust a quote on you which I didn't even quote correctly :[

I agree though Zwiebel it is only one spell and the class shouldn't revolve around it to sustain. it is possible for a druid to heal FL without nymph it's just substantially harder.

That quote there means they will man, and druids are my concern. Basically, if they are healing and you retreat, they'll cancel the action to retreat.

'course druids concern me you play one.

As it stands zwieb, what is the current resistance on pets and the like?

Level 6
i dont know if zweib wants to give information like that, but you can pm me if you are interested to know those resistance values

you can always test it with a friend

dmg dealt = spellpower*spell multiplier*random(0.9,1.1)*(1-resistance)(crit modifiers)
hmm what else is missing

Last edited:
Level 13
Well information like that should really be free to players, but if that equation is correct that's handy to know, cheers kevs.

I made a selection of sounds and mp3s to go with the tabreader for Gaias Retaliation today.

That's roughly 1.2 megabytes of stereo sound files compared to like 1.8 megabytes of music in Gaias.

So all in all, the change also generates like 600 kilobytes of new map space in addition to hours of custom music tracks.
It might also become even less over time, as the 1.2 megabytes are without optimization and mpq compression. Also, I sometimes was a little excessive on sound quality. I'm pretty sure if further optimization is needed, I could reduce the quality even more.

I'll try to create an MP3 demo of how the tabreader sounds like in the actual game tomorrow.

Last edited:
Level 10
man why dont you put some more 3% on the monk skill? and on the lalent mb more 4%
so it will be better because...
i did d3 2 times and i got 2 or 3 times body and mind... ;/
that's very hard to get sometimes... and well monk isnot a very high sp... so why so low chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.