• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I can make bossdrops soulbound to the first player that picks them up. I think that would solve the problem.

Please do NOT do this. I'm already piss'd at the Mana Crystal thing, this would just ruin the public games 100%. I'd never run a public D3 if the items binds on pickup (bosses). It's just ridicilous. A easier solution would be to increase the level requirement to maybe 34 for all D3 items. I know, this doesn't remove the transfer since people will transfer to the other chars (level 34) but, It'd atleast remove the amount of lvl 25 rangers with yarr (EXAMPLE, NO I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY YET!)

Level 10
A easier solution would be to increase the level requirement to maybe 34 for all D3 items.

And what if you were just starting out, and running D3 for the first time? You're saying that for a dungeon that consists of mainly level 20's this new player can't even wear the gear he gets off it until 34? People start running D3 at like 25.

not everyone is a veteran gaias players like most of us here. There are still new players joining every day and this is something we must take into consideration.

Level 5
If a group of level 20s do D3 I'd be impressed. Matter of fact, I can take support against that statement from a quest: When you advance to your second job, the questgiver states that you're now ready for helping at the siege. (I don't have the exact words, I wont bother get them neither.)

Level 3
another idiot xD /kidding

btw we talked about it in game and we all agreed that making drop soulboud to dungeon group is best idea, but I'm afraid its impossible to make?

Removing repick was second idea with most ppl up for it, but I dont rly like it due to no load in case if puted wrong code, or no option to change hero if some1 leave or want to swap.

Atleast 2 loads per game is fine, but some ppl think its unfair to gear up alt using powerfull main witch is easier way and as we talked even with 1 load ppl can do few runs, get items and than pass it to new hero.
So I think best idea is to increase level requirements, so alts who didn't spend atleast few full runs wont be able to use these items.

Decision is ures as alvays dear moderators ;)

Good conclusion. Yeah, we talked about it ingame and the soulbound stuff sounds good for us. Let's do a poll!

+ Its time consuming to farm red items and mongo you know this! I dont think that if phoenix drops and you play with your sorc you will allow it to go to waste. :D

I would. Ofc I could play the mage and reload my Cruz if Phoenix drops but this is against my priciples. The only reason why I don't play my mage but my Cruz is that he needs Phoenix to be complete. Trust me, sometimes it's boring to play only 1 char. I won't play my sorc until I get the sword (Just sometimes, when I'm bored of the Cruz, I pick him). Then I'll play my mage until he's complete. And after that the next char, I didn't decide yet which one. Maybe an assasin? :D

Btw, in "Eclipse ORPG" and "Twilight's Eve" there are loot areas. After killing a boss all players @ the dungeon will be teleported into their own loot area. Nobody can enter the loot area of another player. Every1 has his own drop. He can pick it up and get teleported back to the dungeon with a command (-leave or -done for example). Items are ofc soulbound so they are only usable for the char who was in the dungeon. This way there is no stealing, no abusing by passing the items to other chars outside the dungeon and no drama about drops. Especially kids can cause dramas about virtual items, I still remember a few pathetic situations (Bulwark, Lunar etc)...

I don't know if this idea fits the style of Gaias but I want to mention it. It looks a bit complicated but it's pretty cool imo.

Level 6
Remember what Zweib has said, however.

It's pretty much a guarantee that some classes are needed for certain areas (i.e. tank and healer). Just because someone uses an alt/one of these classes to fill a niche in the team doesn't necessarily mean that the character they wanted to use should be punished if the awaited gear drops.

Level 4
Why is there pages and pages of discussion of this under the..."gaias 1.2 ...yes im not joking" sticky. You realize how easy this is to solve right, this happens in almost every RPG, all u do is make it once someone picks up the item, no one else can pick it up, ive seen it in many many rpgs and it works fine. someone picks it up in a public game, sucks, run it over again i guess :(

Especially in a game like gaias, where bots are basically the only thing you can play the game on, "gaias bot" where people can be banned, ok, it would be alot bigger a reason not to steal in public games.

IF you want to get critical, take a screenshot, save replay, hand it into the bot owner, they will ban, u walk on your way, theres always going to be ups and downs to everything but the worst possible scenario is "RUN IT OVER!" OMG!

Level 2
U can get 33 level on ogres and 35 on ancient one from d2.

Can some1 make decent poll?

Well leveling to 35 on ancient is really bs no offense, it would be so dreadful for the players as nothing else other then Ancient gives exp in the dungeon when you hit a certain level and just to hit 35 you basically keep doing it like over and over and over and over and over, it's plain boring.

Level 2
Please do NOT do this. I'm already piss'd at the Mana Crystal thing, this would just ruin the public games 100%. I'd never run a public D3 if the items binds on pickup (bosses). It's just ridicilous. A easier solution would be to increase the level requirement to maybe 34 for all D3 items. I know, this doesn't remove the transfer since people will transfer to the other chars (level 34) but, It'd atleast remove the amount of lvl 25 rangers with yarr (EXAMPLE, NO I HAVEN'T SEEN ANY YET!)

Well for the mana crystal issue, I have a suggestion, make it drop as an item and sellable to vendors to get that 1 mana crystal resource(lumber unit). Make it only level 30 and above heroes being able to pick that up if your afraid how the the alt transferring issue is gona get exploited.

Level 10
I came up with a better idea. All created items in the game will now have an internal creation time stored to them. You simply can not pick up items that dropped before you picked your hero anymore.
However, this does only apply to equipment items, not to spells, potions, etc.

Awesome glad to hear this! I think this is the perfect solution to the issue. Are loading codes still going to be restricted to two loads now? I almost don't see the necessities to limiting loads to two now that this is implemented and gear can't be transferred to alts. This would make for a lot less remakes and stuff if the two loads were removed.

Level 13
Obliviously this is being continued. We have gotten updates and change logs and there have been mini updates preparing for 1.2.

Level 1
Is this gona get continued or what!? I mean this project is on Hosted Project list and it has no Main Page!You guyz from this team should see to make people know what your doin!

Realy!

Read the pages and you would be able to see whats going on. People need to stop trying to rush Z and his team on the new patch, i would rather wait and have a solid game then it be rushed and there be sloppy work. Patience is a virtue.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Read the pages and you would be able to see whats going on. People need to stop trying to rush Z and his team on the new patch, i would rather wait and have a solid game then it be rushed and there be sloppy work. Patience is a virtue.
I like where this is going. You're the man, man! :p

To be honest: We didn't care for the project page yet. Sorry, but I simply do not want to waste time on something like that when I got other stuff to do. We already asked public wether someone wants to do this for us, but nobody volunteered, to the project page will remain empty until I got the mood for it .. which could take a while :D

For others that wait for 1.1j: Please be patient ... it's all a little bit more work than I expected. I'm investing almost all of my freetime, but since I am currently at home and not at the place I study at, I don't have a computer that can handle the world editor the way I want it to. Everything takes YEARS to save and load on this machine... :/
Maybe I can do some progress tomorrow.

Level 2
First of all, i would like to commend Ziewbelchen's excellent job and effort put
into creating this wonderful RPG for all of us.

Secondly, i want to say that a storyline is an excellent suggestion raised to be placed on the "to do" list for the upcoming updates. I noticed that most
of the quests are standalone and have absolute no link to each other. There is hardly any quest or info related to the plot behind "Gaias retaliation" between the journey from the Inn to Mytargas( or perhaps from
the starts) This is such a waste! There is so much that could be developed in this area.

1) For example, Casimir in dungeon 1 would be an excellent candidate. The story could be crafted such that Casimir would join the fight.

2) The boars that were captured could prove some use especially since there are boars in the city kept in captivity as well.

3) The refugee camp has also potential role in creating a greater understanding between the high class and the poverished. "In a time of crisis, will they put behind their differences and unite as one?"

These are just part of my train of thoughts. There's so many ideas that i'm so excited to share but i don't intend to burden you with such high expectations.

The storyline will have several advantages:
1) Keep beginners interested and entertained
2) Allow the game to have a purpose rather than appear to
be just a hack n slash game and hunt for items.
(People with good teams probably doing this. Just applies to Noobs)
3) Dedicated players get bonded to the game as it causes the game
to have an even greater RPG feel to it.

Last but not last, more AI bots like Casimir will be heavenly ( probably difficult
to reach there ). Somone mentioned about soldiers already fighting bandits. That's great!

Once again, i have to say that i love your map man! Keep up the good job!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Well there ARE actually story fragments in Gaias yet. But I agree that the overall "impact" of the spore contamination regarding quests is rather low yet. I didn't want to add story elements in the first levels, to be honest, as I simply could not find a way to link the story to the lowlevel fed-ex quests.

Theres Gaias Retaliation Part I and Part II existing now, which develope the main story a little bit.
I plan to continue this quest chain and open some other "main paths" in 1.2.
So don't worry; I won't forget about the background story - it was just not the right moment to implement more story before level 50.

About casimir: he has a little secret, which he didn't tell the players yet. He will have his appearance in 1.2 again.

PS: computer problem solved :D ... starting to code again this afternoon. :)

Level 4
Quick question.. why do even need another class?? its tremedously that's i dont think we really need make another branch of class instead adding more advance jobs option... since if this new class coming out as [Mail] armor + dps or whatever.. should that replace Bard/Hunter/Necromancer/Sorc more than going D3 or D4 upcoming??

for example:
D3 group: Monk/Sin/Berzerk/Cruz/Bishop [or Druid]
Monk is already the most 2nd stronger tanker in D3, even healing with S.P equipments + atk speed to denied vamp marks against lady, plus he had even more advantage with his steel-body while running from enemies from producing threats.

Now.. for after the class with mail coming out.. if it a dps type + mail armor which could overcome hunter/necromancer/sorcresss.
D3 group: Monk/Bishop/[New class]/Berzerk/Druid
This is become a real issue to the upcoming, because just like i said... new class coming out, and other classes is being denied for D3/D4 upcoming.

well.. that's all idk... its just one of my opinion.

Level 4
Actually in my opinion that needings are only trolling the game-play. Like ooo we need bishop we cant do d3, ooo we need crus we cant do d3. I dont like this kind of MUST BES. So Adding 1 more tank or healer is not a bad idea and u can be sure people wont deny other tanks just to play with new one. There will BE a balance between these tanks and having the people's selfish nature in the hand, how can someone stop playing with his own strong tank and start new one? Everyone will start but just some of them will use it. And these people will be the ones which already finished his own heroes. And as new features come in right time they will always return to their main heroes.
So i just say dont worry about it. :)

Also making mail gear heroes squishy is not so hard. So if one of the advanced new hero is a dps one then it can lose its health as other dps ones do. And giving heroes certain roles is just an underastimating. There is not just dps/healer/tank/support roles there are much more many.

Level 6
Just a small update:
I finished some more spells today (12/30 done) as well as all changes I still wanted to make to Gaias 1.1i.

1.1j will be coming soon.

Will 1.1j have the "internal clock mechanism" on all dropped items?

That notion contradicts your earlier comments of "Don't punish people for playing a role they didn't want to, in a group, when they'd rather get gear for another char".

If I want to gear up my Ranger in D3, but they need a healer, I'll use my Bishop. But I lose all that time/energy helping them, and gaining nothing, if I can't grab a new bow for my hero (assuming no-one else in the team wants/needs, etc.) when that was my original intention.

Farming alts is a viable point to this game. That's a good reason for 2 [and only 2] loads. I disagree with stuff done to prevent this, as did you at one point.

Also, would that timer screw gear up in your backpack? If you don't save often enough, would collected items vanish from the inventory?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Also, would that timer screw gear up in your backpack? If you don't save often enough, would collected items vanish from the inventory?
No, of course not. Why should they? the internal item clock is only for pick-up restrictions.

And I implemented this because the majority of the people demanded it.

Level 6
No, of course not. Why should they? the internal item clock is only for pick-up restrictions.

And I implemented this because the majority of the people demanded it.

Majority? I recall 4-5 people complaining repeatedly in numerous threads, myself.

These are also no people I see playing the support/necessary roles in groups, the odd time I've seen them on WC3. I often hear about how someone would rather not be the bishop, or a tank, but they do it anyway, for the good of the group. What possible benefit is there for them, if this is implemented, in sacrificing themself like this?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Majority? I recall 4-5 people complaining repeatedly in numerous threads, myself.

These are also no people I see playing the support/necessary roles in groups, the odd time I've seen them on WC3. I often hear about how someone would rather not be the bishop, or a tank, but they do it anyway, for the good of the group. What possible benefit is there for them, if this is implemented, in sacrificing themself like this?
Well, you could still rotate with some other guy who also got a healer character. Just heal the first 3 runs, then he heals the other 3, etc..

I know that this might be uncomfortable for those that want to train an alt, but I don't see a reason why it should be possible to give items to alts, especially when it requires to remake the game (due to loading limitations)...

Level 4
Well, you could still rotate with some other guy who also got a healer character. Just heal the first 3 runs, then he heals the other 3, etc..

I know that this might be uncomfortable for those that want to train an alt, but I don't see a reason why it should be possible to give items to alts, especially when it requires to remake the game (due to loading limitations)...

Zwieb, can we not even question the fact that inventory swapping is really really defeating the purpose of the "Grind" aspect for rpgs. People are getting bored with the game quicker than they should because they get every single class with max items, its kinda hard not to when u can just simply give items to a diff character, every run you can walk out with an item you need for a diff character.

just imagine WoW/LOTRO/Rift etc you find an item in a rediculously hard dungeon. You just log out, log in to a new character and "presto" an item!

I personally didnt even know about that glitch tbh, and its not fair to me along with the other many people who go each run on their new alts to get items.

I go in a dungeon, i dont find the item i need, "OMG I HAVE TO RUN IT OVER AGAIN!?" thats about the worst case scenario.

Level 6
While I agree that max items (like D3 gear and such) would be annoying for people to grab for alts, I mean moreso for people who grind, say, crows or gnolls or ogres.

Also, the notion that you should be 'forced' to grind is a gross negative to me in RPG play. The players who work 12 hours a week and live with their parents will get drastic advantages over those of us who work and have families. Too many RPG's 'require' so much time commitment, making it outrightly un-fun and pointless for many players. WoW suffers grossly from this. The people who play it (at higher stages) dedicate so many hours a week it is.... well, both sad, and unhealthy.

I don't support any promotion of this style of play.

Level 1
The most important thing to me would be just more content, new map, higher levels, and harder levels!

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I don't really see why people think Gaias is anywhere near "farming". The lowest droprate an item in Gaias can have is 1%. All boss items are at an average of 7-10% droprate, spells with 2-3% each, making it 10-15% in total. There is no farming in Gaias and will never be. You can achieve everything in a decent amount of time, so I don't really see a problem with preventing something that - you have to agree on that - shouldn't work.

I agree on the content comment. We're working on it, but remember that quality content always takes a lot of time. We don't want to reduce the general quality of the map just to give you some half-baked new content. :)

Level 1
Cool I agree! Keep up the awesome work!
May I ask when you think you this version may be released?

Level 4
Comon guy.... stop rushing Zweb, he's doing best as he can at the moment and i know you all is exciting about the upcoming version.. but think about it, remember what happened last time? V1.1i?? There's was a unit right there, spell-tester, it ruin most of our times while waiting Zweb to put up the fixed version.. I know im exciting too and can't wait, but i rather be paitent for him to finish than playing the map and somehow its turn out glitch/etc.. you know..

Level 8
That's good point, if alrdy have 43, or 44 glitched lvl just play another game or go meet with friends irl...

Level 5
Some information from this post.

Legend:
A = Attack
Agi = Agility
AP = Attack Power
ArP = Armour Penetration
AR = Armour
AS = Attack Speed
Crit = Critical Chance (%)
EV = Evasion (%)
FR = Fire Resistance
HP = Health Points (Life)
Int = Intelligence
SP = Spell Power
Str = Strength

From Lieutenant
Swampland Bark Totem (Misc-Totem [Druid])
Mana +40 ,Agi +3 ,Int +4 , SP +8 ,ArP +6

From Succubus
Head of the Vampiress (Misc-Trophy [Beserker])
HP +50,Str +3, Agi +3 ,Crit +8% ,AP +6

Bulwark of the Crusade (Misc-Shield [Squire])
AR +8 ,EV +4% ,Str +2 ,All Resistance +5% ,HP +50

From Fire Lord
Piercing Arrows (Misc-Quiver [Hunter])
MP +25 ,Crit +5% ,AP +6

What we can clearly see is that hunter misc is from the hardest boss and sux compared to the others, balance is fine?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
We recently had some discussion on bnet and fellow and me both agreed on getting the help of a new very skilled and workoholic-being terrainer. He volunteered on helping us create Dungeon 4, so hopefully this will shorten the time that is needed to get 1.2 done. :)

Maybe we can present some new WIP screens soon, especially since I'm almost done with the new spells and 1.1j.

Level 5
^Anything to coment about quiver balance issues? And thats great, maybe with a new spell hunter will be more than a slot filler and become a dps.

Level 10
We recently had some discussion on bnet and fellow and me both agreed on getting the help of a new very skilled and workoholic-being terrainer. He volunteered on helping us create Dungeon 4, so hopefully this will shorten the time that is needed to get 1.2 done. :)

This is awesome news Zwebiel :] Glad to hear about the new terrainer for d4 :D (not that you guys didn't do an awesome job terraining, but it might be cool to see some fresh takes on terrain from a new person. I could see it really spicing up the game a bit).

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
This is awesome news Zwebiel :] Glad to hear about the new terrainer for d4 :D (not that you guys didn't do an awesome job terraining, but it might be cool to see some fresh takes on terrain from a new person. I could see it really spicing up the game a bit).
I think our new takes on terrain were always fresh. ;)
Remember the change from the trade route area to the farmland area. I think the difference is noticable. With 1.2, we will have a lot of new flavour added to the terrain that wasn't there before.
There will be mountain styled terrain with sharp cliffs and narrow paths, snowy terrain on the higher mountains, the jungle themed floating island D4, and a vulcano.

Level 2
I think our new takes on terrain were always fresh. ;)
Remember the change from the trade route area to the farmland area. I think the difference is noticable. With 1.2, we will have a lot of new flavour added to the terrain that wasn't there before.
There will be mountain styled terrain with sharp cliffs and narrow paths, snowy terrain on the higher mountains, the jungle themed floating island D4, and a vulcano.

Hmm volcano ! I can already smell sulfur !! :goblin_yeah:

Level 4
PC Lag solutions?

Will there be any PC lag solutions, trigger, system that will be in the upcoming V1.2? IF there's that would be really helpful since those massive creeps and fires in D3 "Protect the Captain" just killed our time waiting like... 10-20 min to wait until the lag is settle.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Will there be any PC lag solutions, trigger, system that will be in the upcoming V1.2? IF there's that would be really helpful since those massive creeps and fires in D3 "Protect the Captain" just killed our time waiting like... 10-20 min to wait until the lag is settle.
Seriously, if your computer can't handle this map, it's none of my business. You can ebay a machine that can do it for like 10 dollars.

Level 4
10-20 minutes? I'm running an amd dualcore that I've had since like 2003 with only 1 gig of RAM, and yes, at times my FPS will drop from 30 to less than 10 during the waves in D3, but I certainly don't "lag out". Just my ability to do certain things, like hold aggro or heal might lax for a second if I catch a bad fps spike at a horrible time which could result in someone dying. Either your computer is certainly worse than mine, or the host you guys are playing on Garena are utterly terrible (which wouldn't surprise me since it's Garena).

Status
Not open for further replies.