• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gaias 1.2 ... and yes, I'm not joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Sorry if you mentioned this earlier in the thread as I'm pretty lazy to flip through all 27 pages but please note that the Thief class is the only class without any MC gears at all :D And also leather armor wearing class are the only ones unable to get fire resistence gear prior to D3 which centers around Fire Lord, cloth users have thaum robes whereas mail users have searing gloves easily accessible through D2.

Whereas thiefs/rangers need to farm lieutenant big time(pray for lucky demon heart/vest of fire protection) for fire resistance.

Level 8
How about crafting legendary?

just idea: Heart from Blazing Flame + some components to craft lgendary Armor, or 2h weapon, just to make every class happy with legendarys and make item more speical by working on it more than just waiting for drop.

Level 3
Plz remove the possibility to load 2 chars per game. This supports loot abuse.

Ppl use to run d3 with their main char and collect stuff for their alternative chars. I've seen rushed lvl 25 Chars full d3 equipped without killing any bosses. I'm pretty sure this was not intended by the makers of the map.

Items should be something special and the wearer (the char, not the player) should deserve it. He has to kill the boss WITH THIS CHAR and not with another one. If they want to equip another char ppl shall play it. Also this is a great way to learn how to use a char correctly by playing him.

To avoid this loot abuse and to support the idea that ppl can load another char if the first loaded char does not fit the party I suggest to set a time limit, for example 5 minutes. In the first 5 minutes they can load as often as they want. When the 5 minutes are over char-loading is disabled.

Discuss

Ps: I know 90% of u abuse this. I think it's not correct. Hater's gonna hate.

Level 8
Haters gonna hate? who created this ideology?

Wel I think passing items is good so ppl play with hero witch is needed, so even if they don't play they favorite hero letaer they can pass it to hero they prefer.

I wonder if you would post this while playing bishop.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
I think its fine as it is. If you play with your first, then get loot with your alternate, you can't load your first again in this game and have to remake the game in order to "continue". You waste a lot of time like that and I don't want to punish people for playing a class that is required for a good group setup. What if your main is needed because the group got no healer, but you actually want to equip your alt? I think this is fine. You still "deserve" the item - after all, you had to kill the boss, no matter how.
However, D4 will have some kind of protection against this, I think.

Level 2
Actually Lipton has a point.
If repick is not to be disabled, at least implement a level restriction requirement in the backpack as well to prevent this from occuring.

So if you want to equip your alternate characters, they should at least be sufficiently leveled, i.e level 33 +
The quality of the gear should correspond to the current level of the hero more or less.

Level 4
Plz remove the possibility to load 2 chars per game. This supports loot abuse.

Ppl use to run d3 with their main char and collect stuff for their alternative chars. I've seen rushed lvl 25 Chars full d3 equipped without killing any bosses. I'm pretty sure this was not intended by the makers of the map.

Items should be something special and the wearer (the char, not the player) should deserve it. He has to kill the boss WITH THIS CHAR and not with another one. If they want to equip another char ppl shall play it. Also this is a great way to learn how to use a char correctly by playing him.

To avoid this loot abuse and to support the idea that ppl can load another char if the first loaded char does not fit the party I suggest to set a time limit, for example 5 minutes. In the first 5 minutes they can load as often as they want. When the 5 minutes are over char-loading is disabled.

Discuss

Ps: I know 90% of u abuse this. I think it's not correct. Hater's gonna hate.

I agree with you Mongo, lots of people who's been doing D3 run with me kept doing that, and its really annoying, people are not really spending their time on playing, and abusing other to get item for them.

Level 8
Now geting bishop to d4 will be extremaly hard.
Cos most healers play this class just for group and what is wrong in picking item that no1 wants just for alt? If req level is high than u wont see those 25 level guys.

And this limit to 1 spell book and puting there pasive is some1 how and somehow bad cos for example sorcer will prolly remove 2 fire shild and fireball it's not rly making hero more oryginal rather making class less usefull in group (it's somehow punishing pro players)

About mana change, atm Mage has extremaly cheap spells and can also use normal attack between casts to get 2 mana back, and from the other hand thief go oom in no time while zerker has spells for free.
So mana system rly need some balance, higher spell cost for caster to push them use wisdom, and mana regen for non wisdom classes such as zerker , crus, assasin or bard.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Now geting bishop to d4 will be extremaly hard.
Cos most healers play this class just for group and what is wrong in picking item that no1 wants just for alt? If req level is high than u wont see those 25 level guys.

And this limit to 1 spell book and puting there pasive is some1 how and somehow bad cos for example sorcer will prolly remove 2 fire shild and fireball it's not rly making hero more oryginal rather making class less usefull in group (it's somehow punishing pro players)

About mana change, atm Mage has extremaly cheap spells and can also use normal attack between casts to get 2 mana back, and from the other hand thief go oom in no time while zerker has spells for free.
So mana system rly need some balance, higher spell cost for caster to push them use wisdom, and mana regen for non wisdom classes such as zerker , crus, assasin or bard.
Yeah I agree. Non-caster classes got a lot more initial mana bonus than caster classes.

Level 5
Squire skills need to use mana, even if they use almost nothing they should consume it, right now zerker is one of the OP classes cause he can deal same or more dps (in aoe) than the leather dps classes.

Level 5
If you run D3 as a crusader...you easily run out of mana with Crucify.
Rest and Wisdom are there for a reason.

I wanted to point out that quiver is the worse misc item in the game, really the worse, totem, shield, trophy, relic , and offhand weapon are way better, hunter is supposed to be a dps class but somehow his misc item sux (hard).

Last edited:
Level 4
Rest and Wisdom are there for a reason.

I wanted to point out that quiver is the worse misc item in the game, really the worse, totem, shield, trophy, relic , and offhand weapon are way better, hunter is supposed to be a dps class but somehow his misc item sux (hard).

Well.... at some points i agree with you texugo1337, indeed that's quiver is not really great for Hunter, which and why.. causing people went on Druid classes... :/

But anyway.... isn't D3 quiver give 5% critical? o_o as i remember 5+ agi = 1% critical isnt that given 25+ agi or more? :O

Level 10
Well.... at some points i agree with you texugo1337, indeed that's quiver is not really great for Hunter, which and why.. causing people went on Druid classes...
the fact that quivers are terrible had absolutely no impact on my decision to go druid.

Level 1
Alright, I will limit the number of loads to 1 instead of 2.

So I was just wondering, would you do a code wipe, since it's pretty logical to have known that most people have already gotten their alts end-game(at the moment) tier gears effortlessly through their main, I know the main characters got their gears through effort but still, gearing their subsequent 9 alternate classes with no effort is totally ridiculous, and also the well-known ranger wolf bug which helps in many early part of the game.

I'm pretty sure that you didn't really intend for player to abuse the two loads for such purpose.

Level 5
Huh, a full gear char is having trouble running D3, It's not like walking on the moon, you don't fly forth, you still have to cast spells, heal, take aggro, dps proper. Gaias had a codewipe like 2 weeks ago maybe, I'm not sure, should be longer ago, but, they can't codewipe as soon as some bug comes up. However, you should make it so that if u save in this later version you get a code unloadable in previous versions. But, another codewipe...

Level 8
So I was just wondering, would you do a code wipe, since it's pretty logical to have known that most people have already gotten their alts end-game(at the moment) tier gears effortlessly through their main, I know the main characters got their gears through effort but still, gearing their subsequent 9 alternate classes with no effort is totally ridiculous, and also the well-known ranger wolf bug which helps in many early part of the game.

I'm pretty sure that you didn't really intend for player to abuse the two loads for such purpose.

I prettty sure U have nevr did d3 in that case.

U whine cos other already did that, and trust me wolf has nothing to do about it and even if some1 use it, wolfs deal only 1 dmg there, and they do is pulling agro or spreading innicerate or dying on inferno or other aoe spells.

If some1 have full gear for example bishop, and want to play new hero but there is no other bishop he is forced to go d3 with hes main, but asure u that he has t put a lot of efforts in there and if there no1 else who want item he can ocasionaly pick it for alt and i think its ok.

I rly dont like whiners....

Level 1
I prettty sure U have nevr did d3 in that case.

U whine cos other already did that, and trust me wolf has nothing to do about it and even if some1 use it, wolfs deal only 1 dmg there, and they do is pulling agro or spreading innicerate or dying on inferno or other aoe spells.

If some1 have full gear for example bishop, and want to play new hero but there is no other bishop he is forced to go d3 with hes main, but asure u that he has t put a lot of efforts in there and if there no1 else who want item he can ocasionaly pick it for alt and i think its ok.

I rly dont like whiners....

I've done D3 over and over and I have my main geared fully through the hard way as well, but over that, it's easy gearing up my other alts and I personally find that it is pretty cheap to, and about the previous guy who mentioned that it's not easy and not a walk on the moon, I've seen how people duo fire lord over and over(semi-d3 zerker and max geared bishop and yes they did equip full fire resist) and just farmed Fire Lord for items and the others pratically just waited outside for items and they just pass items to their alt easily. Something which made me a little sick.

Also not to mention this game's hackable, just seen a player in Clan Gaia in US East who admitted hacking the map, monk and necro with max gear and with 100k gold.

Indeed, many people has worked had enough, however one hardworked char is enough to feed the rest of the 9 alt classes one can have.

Imho i just don't like how people achieve things the easy way too easily ~

Level 8
We dont talk about 3 geared ppls getting gear for tohse outside, cos u can do nothing about it even with reducing load to 1, cos ppls will alvays do it.

I dont know ur nick but i never seen 'holymanalways' on any gaia host bots

And if u seen guys who hacked game or those who was doing fire lord for those outside, than u prolly was one of them or u just post imagined thingds to proove ur point of view.

I'm still thinking its ok to play on main cos there was no room for alt, and ocasionally pass item to alt, Gaia offer 5 various heros, why should we play only with 1?

Reducing code will only make level 1 alts wait for loots at dungeon entry.
And I think code loads should be unlimited, but item req should be increased so even alts wont be able to use it untill level up in dungeon. (It's only logical solution)

Level 3
I'm still thinking its ok to play on main cos there was no room for alt, and ocasionally pass item to alt, Gaia offer 5 various heros, why should we play only with 1?

You don't play your alt if you play your main char and pass the items to ur alt.

And the "OMG I can't play my favorite hero cuz they need my healz0r bishop" argumentation is bullshit (no offense, hava). If you want to play ur fav char, play him. Some1 else will do the heals. There are enough player who like to play Bishops, just search for them. Or make a deal like "I heal 5 runs, then we rmk and you heal 5 runs" so both of you have the chance to get items for their fav char.

There are so many ways to solve your "problem" but making the map worse for the fair players because every1 can get all items on all chars is not the right solution.

@Zwiebel:
I'm glad to hear about that. But make sure the 1.2 code will not work in the older versions. Or ppl will just run d3 with their strong char in 1.1, transfer the d3 Items to their alts, go back to 1.2 and ruin the game for the fair players which spend a lot of time to equip all chars the legal way.

Level 8
atm I know 3 healers able to solo heal d3, in other case there is needed 2 of em.
making 1 load is bullshit in fact cos i said lvl1 can alvays come and take item without second load needed, and another code wipe is even bigger bullshit.

Level 3
Repicking to a Lvl 1 char can take only 1 item. That's it. Then you have to save it. And you can't load it again so u can get only 1 item with this abuse method. Still better than 5 items.

And who is talking about a code wipe? I said 1.2 codes shall not work in older versions. But not the other way around. Read carefully.

Level 8
I read careflly and I dont tihnk its possible to make code 1.2 not working in older ver and older ver woking in newer, pls think what u post.

And who said they will pass 1 item to level 1?
U can do dungeon numberous times and after all u can pass even full set to level 1 alt.
I wonder why u even come up with this idea since u passed to ure berzerker item few times.

With ur way of thinking soon some maybe you will came with idea o remove dungeon reset option to avoid passing more than 1 item. srsly...

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN PASSING ITEMS, COS U HAVE TO WORK ON IT 1 WAY OR ANOTHER, if u dont like 25lvl with full d3, than raither there should be increased level req for these item, not reducing code load.

Level 3
If you think it's not possible it means it is not possible in general? XD

And no, ofc it is not possible to get more than 1 item on your alt if there is 1 load per game. Ur way means that the Lvl 1 char is waiting in town while other players get the items for him. That's another story and it requires friends which farm for u. Don't mix up two different ways of abuse. I didn't talk about that.

Btw, CAPITAIN CAPSLOK won't make ur arguments better :D

As I already said, if Char A kills the boss for an item Char B does not deserve this item. Char B has to kill the boss by itself. It's just too easy to kill the boss with a group of perfect chars and pass the items. People have to play their chars, get used to them etc.

Level 8
Char A and B is still same person or I'm wrong?

I think I should write all with caps lock u cant see what i write or u did for purpose...

Cos even with 1 load u can pass full set(5 items) to alt level 1

Explanation:
Gropud is doing d3 for like 3 hours farming items and exping, there "drops a lot of items" "that means more than one"
So I see no problem with:
-taking these items(1-5) and than going to starting zone
-droping them & saving
-repicking and picking new hero
-picked all items & saving

See? impossible is possible, or should we remove reset button and alowing player to save once...

Level 8
oh wait, we should remove repick option... that solves problem, how briliant, and reducing code loads wont be even nessesary. /kidding

All posts above about reducing code load ect is 1 big bullshit to me, especialy when it offered by some1 who never seen d3 and some1 who already passed items like this.

Level 5
Level 3
CAPITAIN CAPSLOK + doubleposts + wannabe irony, u mad?^^

Anyway, I dont rly care what ur opinion about my opinion is and for me it's not rly worth to discuss about it. My post was intended to Zwiebel, he said he's gonna change it, that's all I wanted. Deal with it.

Level 10
I find this heated argument to be pretty interesting. Ultimately though people will find a way to transfer gear to other characters. This can't be stopped. Same goes for people who desire to cheat. Cheaters cheat always have always will. The thing about people who cheat though is their interest in the map doesn't last as long as someone who puts in the time. Why would it? They get everything they want and they quit after a day or two while players like you two and I we keep playing even after code wipes and dungeon runs. The way I see it the player themselves is in fact putting in the effort to kill the bosses which shows skill, but what it for example an item drops that no one needs but you have an alt char that does need it? Some bosses require certain gear to even run so allowing the transfer of gear on alts allows you to do a more wide variety of bosses in the long-run (firelord? :D) Look at other MMO's the transferring of gear to alts isn't just Gaias specific it's a common problem that happens in MANY games. WOW for example, EVERY single person transfers gear to alts on WOW so they can tweak out lower levels or make leveling easier. Ultimately gear makes you stronger, but it doesn't necessarily make you better. You still need skill to do things. and IMO with new content in 1.2 old gear is going to be replaced with new gear anyways.

tl;dr It's pointless to try and stop people from transferring gear

Level 4
I find this heated argument to be pretty interesting. Ultimately though people will find a way to transfer gear to other characters. This can't be stopped. Same goes for people who desire to cheat. Cheaters cheat always have always will. The thing about people who cheat though is their interest in the map doesn't last as long as someone who puts in the time. Why would it? They get everything they want and they quit after a day or two while players like you two and I we keep playing even after code wipes and dungeon runs. The way I see it the player themselves is in fact putting in the effort to kill the bosses which shows skill, but what it for example an item drops that no one needs but you have an alt char that does need it? Some bosses require certain gear to even run so allowing the transfer of gear on alts allows you to do a more wide variety of bosses in the long-run (firelord? :D) Look at other MMO's the transferring of gear to alts isn't just Gaias specific it's a common problem that happens in MANY games. WOW for example, EVERY single person transfers gear to alts on WOW so they can tweak out lower levels or make leveling easier. Ultimately gear makes you stronger, but it doesn't necessarily make you better. and IMO with new content in 1.2 old gear is going to be replaced with new gear anyways.

tl;dr It's pointless to try and stop people from transferring gear

couldnt be any more correct. PROPS TO PEOPLE WHO SPEND TIME.

Level 8
@texugo1337
I could make nice quote cuting what u type just to make different sense, but I dont prefer to post anything or laugh at something absolubly not funny like you do, so go back to ur sandpit

@Lipton

While u can't reply to my argumets, don't say I'm mad or add stupid titles, cos even spell it incorrectly "CAPITAIN", but whatever....
I posted my point of view, and as u comented mine I comented ures, it's forum deal with that, argument vs arguments and its ok.
But posting bullshit or flaming is bad so keep it mature please.

@S0ulseeker
I played with ya, and I'm glad u agree with me.

Level 4
@texugo1337
I could make nice quote cuting what u type just to make different sense, but I dont prefer to post anything or laugh at something absolubly not funny like you do, so go back to ur sandpit

@Lipton

While u can't reply to my argumets, don't say I'm mad or add stupid titles, cos even spell it incorrectly "CAPITAIN", but whatever....
I posted my point of view, and as u comented mine I comented ures, it's forum deal with that, argument vs arguments and its ok.
But posting bullshit or flaming is bad so keep it mature please.

No offense, but if you're going to "attempt" to critique someone on their spelling, I think some advice would be to actually learn to spell yourself. Here's some basic spelling errors, not even including your terrible sentence structure so bad that I can barely decipher what you're trying to say.

Level 8
There is difference between arguing, talking and whinning.
Too bad u can't see this.

It's up to moderators what they decide, but forum is made to talk about stuff, maybe they will reconsider it or maybe make new pull about it, I will play this game regardless of amounts of loads, I just say it pointless.

Level 8
No offense, but if you're going to "attempt" to critique someone on their spelling, I think some advice would be to actually learn to spell yourself. Here's some basic spelling errors, not even including your terrible sentence structure so bad that I can barely decipher what you're trying to say.

I know about my spelling
I just corrected hes tittle immagination ;)

Level 4
The point is, if you can't even spell yourself, certainly don't call someone else out on it, it just makes you look like an idiot.

Level 8
another ** xD /kidding

btw we talked about it in game and we all agreed that making drop soulboud to dungeon group is best idea, but I'm afraid its impossible to make?

Removing repick was second idea with most ppl up for it, but I dont rly like it due to no load in case if puted wrong code, or no option to change hero if some1 leave or want to swap.

Atleast 2 loads per game is fine, but some ppl think its unfair to gear up alt using powerfull main witch is easier way and as we talked even with 1 load ppl can do few runs, get items and than pass it to new hero.
So I think best idea is to increase level requirements, so alts who didn't spend atleast few full runs wont be able to use these items.

Decision is ures as alvays dear moderators ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Some of my MUST HAVE suggestions for 1.2 or earlier depending on how you see it:

first off: THERE IS A GIGANTIC BEAUTIFULLY MADE CITY OF MARTYRGAS RIGHT IN EVERYONES FACES. But the fact that theres a dungeon there overshadows it all. You go into the city, do ur class quest/5k gold spell quest, then u dont do anything with the town. Do SOMETHING interactive with the town, as i have written below when u get there.

1. Change the generic "shadow wolf" for ranger back to boar or something if possible, boar just fits the game much better, shadow wolf is wc3 generic and seems like it doesnt fit the game one bit :p. (coming from the favorite class hunter guy)
2. Berzerker spells wise. Add another bleed Damage over time? Past experience wise, at least 2 DoTs serve great on zerkers balancing out their burst damage with some sustain.
I do like the attackspeed buffs though on berserkers rage etc.
3. Necromancer spells wise. Add a disease DoT to also balance out the burst with some sort of sustain? Necromancers are basically warlocks, and should DEFININTLY at least have one Damage over time.
4. Thief class wise. For d4 on thieves, can one of the new blades give some sort of poison that has some sort of effects and Damage over time? A big problem i have with thieves and other characters a like, they have many situational abilities with pretty damn long cooldowns. Poisons make "rogues/thieves/assassins" etc in every game, and shouldnt change here. :)
1 poison deals damage over time, another one reduces attack speed of the target, another one improves critical rate the rogue has against a target its applied on? something along the lines of that.

5. Gameplay wise. Do you think you could have the people more interacted with the NPC'S, towns, and storyline of the game? Theres a few quests here and there to do random things or get your spells and whatever, thats all fine, but how about something that has to do with the city and wars going on. Maybe on the next dungeon, when you walk up to mobs, you find NPC guards fighting the mobs already. Then after you defeat the mobs you move on and maybe again you will find some guards stranded fighting.

In martygas, or however you spell it :p, theres always many many catapults, soldiers, archers, etc looking like they are ready to fight or something may happen, but nothing does!. How about some sort of war main staged war towards the end of the map? Maybe also add like ongoing bandits attacking the town.

In the past few versions, you sort of forget the bandits that you first non stop fight in the first version of the game and dungeon 1 etc, and now u fight sea creatures in dungeon 2 and zombies/ghosts/apparitions/dark beings in dungeon 3. How about bring back the bandits in the next town or forts, whatever you plan on making. Have like guards standing in each entrance fending off bandits and there be quests that have you help them out or kill multiple camps of bandits outside the perimiters of the town or take down the bandit leaders on the side away from dungeon 4.

AKA DAILY OR REPEATABLE QUESTS WOULD BE NICE.

****Whatever it may be, try to get the players involved with what is going on in the towns and interact more with the detailed storyline, taking a break from endless dungeon run throughs and just focused on gear.

Level 10
btw we talked about it in game and we all agreed that making drop soulboud to dungeon group is best idea, but I'm afraid its impossible to make?

This seems like the best solution to me if it's possible to do. world mob drops would be tradable to alts pretty much but the dungeon core items would be soulbound for everyone in dungeon if is possible to do.

Level 3
you should have 2 loads per game. Its usefull to be able to change heroes if someone from the party drops just before you do fire for example.

About the item transfer: I believe its normal. I am not going to let item like yarr or phoenix to be left on the ground(because you cant even sell those items). Another reason to gear your alt is that you are basically useless to good party without your items. So do you believe there is a difference for you to stand there at d3 runs do nothing and get items or maybe is it better if you got those items yourself doing d3, being usefull, just not with this char?

+ Its time consuming to farm red items and mongo you know this! I dont think that if phoenix drops and you play with your sorc you will allow it to go to waste. :D

Last edited:
Level 4
That would be cool, then you don't have to worry about people holding items to transfer to alts.

Level 3
I can make bossdrops soulbound to the first player that picks them up. I think that would solve the problem.

Thats bad idea. Think about that: you have level 50 hero full items - why to play it now? Whats the reason? You cant transfer items. You already leveled him max. The game will lack such a nice heroes that can help newcomers to do dungeons and enjoy the game. If you do this than you should think of something that will be given to those heroes in order to make people use their good chars in normal games and not just to do pvp with friends.

But thats just my opinion

Level 8
Well ppl can still try to pick item while having full eq, just to reset disapear cd and move it to dungeon entry for alt to pick it ;p

Why we rly have to change it? should we make pull, cos so far I've seen more ppl against it.

Level 3
Well ppl can still try to pick item while having full eq, just to reset disapear cd and move it to dungeon entry for alt to pick it ;p

Why we rly have to change it? should we make pull, cos so far I've seen more ppl against it.

I agree on the poll. Why should we make trouble for zwiebel if the majority of us are not going to like the change?

Status
Not open for further replies.