• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Futuristic Mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Anybody up for some futuristic RTS fun?! I sure as hell am. Why don't some us get together and make some models for a futuristic RTS mod! Don't mean to sound stupid, but I hate the Melee games in Warcraft 3, worst I have ever played. The units are slow, stupid, and clumsy. Let's make a better, futuristic mod, I'm not sure this will work so I'm going to post this in the OFF TOPIC section.
Not only that, but what is your guys' top 3 favorite Futuristic RTS game?:
1. Supreme Commander
2. Command and Conquer 3
3. Starcraft

But what about you guys eh?

Level 5
1# Warhammer 40k Dark Crusade
2# Ground Control
3# Sword of the stars (uve never heard of it most likely, not a terribly well done game, but has a great idea to it)
also i havnt played many future RTS, only other is SC
Final Liberation would be in there, except its turned base, and old enuff that it wont work on our computer (look it up its a great game for its age. its based of epic 40k)

im currently working on a map called Warcraft: Future of War, but im just a rooky, if u guys show interest ill post screenshots of my progress and more indepth details in my future of war post in the map dev forums.
Wc3 needs more future models/maps that arent starship trooper or zombie related.
a 40k mod/map wud be awesome!

I didn't like Dark Crusade much, with the imperials was nigh impossible to survive at the beginning against stronger races with those useless infantry. And those ww1 tanks consumed WAY too much pop and had limit to 2 (yes many those limits were pretty lame), plus requiring a latest tech to access them, which is not suitable for the most common vehicle in imperial arsenal. :thumbs_down:

And that game is still unbalanced :bored:

Level 5
i liked doing the imperial guards custom colour schemes the most.
also, once imp guard get basilisks, they dominate smaller maps, especially on into the breach. the trick is to get a mass amount of power and 3 basilisks so u can just spam earthshaker shells.

WH40k: Dawn of War, is the only RTS game that has great melee game. Easy to build, easy to train squads (train squads > train units), cool characters, easy to upgrade and (in my opinion) balanced.
Orks are my favourite race and I love the names of their buildings and squads (Da Boyz Hut, Shoota Boyz Squad, Nobbs Squad etc.). XD

Haven't played the expansions though.

cal820, yes if you manage to survive for enough long to produce basilisk. But what's the point to play a game of warhammer which doesn't let you drive these beasts:
lemanruss.JPG
yes I know the unwrap is horrible :emote_ashamed:

As soon I began to play expansions I sticked to play with imperials (guess why :grin:). With other races I played only a tutorial or maybe one skirmish. Ok, right Dan, orks are funny to play. But they were the weakest in original DoW.

Level 5
it is easy to survive long enough, i used to regularly survive that long on imp Guard. Just beware of getting rushed.
Also, Ground Control (2# is the one ive played, not number one) is good coz its realistic, in real war, you do not build a base with a power plant, a HQ, a barracks, an airfield and i dunno, a university. in real warfare, the dropship and LZ idea would be closest to the truth.

and you can use leman russ i thought...or is that one of the variants your showing mechanical man?
i only ever use 1 leman russ anwyay, can only get one after i have 3 basilisks and a baneblade, also, imperial guard has a scary amount of infantry, and when they all have grenade launchers, attached commisarrs, attached priests etc.....imperial infantry backed up with artillery is a force to be reckoned with, and often underestimated. Just look out for space marines dropping into your base, and for nasties like monoliths and bloodthirsters.
ever tried fielding an army entirely of Space marine scouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.