• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Future beta tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to be a beta tester for the map. :)

You've said before that you don't really need a beta tester since parts of the team beta tested it buuut every past release had a number of bugs so I don't really see a problem with adding me as a beta tester! :grin: I'd really enjoy replaying the map again and again, searching for various bugs. :) Also, it would be much better when a patch is released to be perfect ( or at least nearly as perfect ) instead of being full with bugs and waiting weeks for fix patches, etc. Don't you agree? :gg:

Level 17
I want to be a beta tester for the map. :)

You've said before that you don't really need a beta tester since parts of the team beta tested it buuut every past release had a number of bugs so I don't really see a problem with adding me as a beta tester! :grin: I'd really enjoy replaying the map again and again, searching for various bugs. :) Also, it would be much better when a patch is released to be perfect ( or at least nearly as perfect ) instead of being full with bugs and waiting weeks for fix patches, etc. Don't you agree? :gg:

The problem with this is the fact that we do not have any beta testers at all, we just play a couple of matches that we host online as we play.
The people that join us, is the people that get to test it.
And when there is major bugs, we usually make fast fixes and upload a new version :p We have done that 3 times i think? :0

So we actually doesnt need any beta testers, we already do test the map out, and its nearly impossible for us to find all of them as we play.

And tbh, the map still says beta, that is becouse its not finished, so you could actually call yourself a beta testers by playing the map regulary and report bugs. See it as a open beta before the real release. :p

BTW, we wait it to fair, that is one of the major problems with beta testers, many people would want to be one, and it would not work out.

So well, all i can say is that dont really need any beta testers, becouse there is no closed beta releases or anything. What we give out, is that playable product, between every release, the team just try out things etc, but that map is usually only fully playable on the releases.

Level 4
Why not just make him happy and tell him he can play the next time you "open beta" it on Battle.net? :p.

Level 17
Because there is no time, we just do it randomly when we think we should?^^

Exactly. Didnt i mention that we do not have specific beta tests etc, we just host a game when we feel that it is needed, and thats it, its not like we plan it or anything, we just do it.
And whats so fun with playing an unfinished version online that probably will end up ruining the game with bugs insted of playing a released one that works?

Level 17
Maybe being the first that is able to play the map so feel somehow special? :D Just a guess.

I dont feel special becouse i play an unfinished version, that contains bugs, specially when its hosted on b.net for anyone to play anyway...
Also, beta testing is not probably like he think it is, its not like we send over versions time to time, wait for him to report, etc.
We finish it up, play a round or two on b.net, fixes the bugs we find, and releases it. So what the beta testers get to play would be a buged version, that we will release the next day anyway :p

Status
Not open for further replies.