• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fun Games to Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean like, OMG WTF.
How many campaigns have I played here on THW and finished?
How many 10 player maps have I played alone have I mastered?
It's sort of sad to see how easily bored I get. Any fun games I can play?
Suggested:
  • Campaigns, Something fun and interesting and new
  • Awesome RPGs that can be played alone
  • Or rather a beta tester for something.

- Basically, I want RPGs that are awesome, and are focused on gameplay, items, and story.
- Campaigns that aren't repetitive and hard to understand, and don't have too many melee maps, especially with impossible AI.
- WCIII Games.

This Wreckage and When The Freedom Slips Away has taken my attention. Don't expect a reply from me for a while, I'm too hooked.

Wanderers Of Sorceria is awesome.

Last edited:
Level 7
Baldurs Gate 2
Awesome RPG , good story , i played it many times again , you can kick your whole party that you control and play solo but its better with a party

Fallout 1 and Fallout 2
Old game but one of my favorite RPGs , its from a post-apocalyptic world , RPG where you can play as the good one , the bad one... The story is very good and its very good because if you get a quest its not like in todays RPGs where you have to follow an arrow and kill 5 Enemies , you can complete a quest many ways...

Fallout Tactics
Its not anymore a RPG like Fallout 1 or 2 was , its an action game where you do mission after mission , you play for more players , set them on different modes (neutral , aggresive , defensive) and win the missions with tactics

That are the best RPGs i know

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I think he's asking for WCIII maps.

DotA - even if you don't like it, you sure won't master it fast.
Fun, competitive and ever-evolving.

Level 7
Oh... then Isle of Despair is a good wcIII map, also a good RPG , i think the best RPG that i ever played in WCIII , ofcourse i played it solo because i saw it rarely hosted and the download toke ages when a friend of mine hosted it

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I hate DotA, like most of the other people here.

I'll look for the Isle of Despair, EpicWar or can it be found here?

Fun fact: hardly anyone likes what they don't understand. Devote a few weeks to learning DotA and you'll understand why millions do like it.

Level 11
Fun fact: hardly anyone likes what they don't understand. Devote a few weeks to learning DotA and you'll understand why millions do like it.

i gotta agree with you shiik, i totally hated DotA until i watched my brother play it... and it was pretty awesome, but after a while, i kinda got bored... still fun though :D hhe

Level 34
Or he won't. Like the lest of us.

---------------

TKoK is pretty well made if you haven't tried it yet.

Joe's Quest GOLD was awesome, but I haven't played 1.5 yet.
D3W is awesome, but kinda repetitive.
The Wreckage and When The Freedom Slips Away? Alright.

DotA... I've played it loads of times, yet it's just too damn repetitive for me. It's always, buy buy buy kill kill kill...

Like most games, but I don't know why I particularly dislike DotA...

Level 6
The Kingdom of Kaliron.
EPIC RPG. EPIC inventory system. EPIC quest system. EPIC everything. Its here on Hive, fortunately ;)
Once you get the hang of it, its actually pretty fun.

EDIT: I dislike DotA too :D

Level 17
I'm going to make an ass out of myself and assume that he since mentioned RPGs that you can play by yourself specifically and that he doesn't want to play online anymore, he's looking for an RPG that places a higher emphasis on story.

Level 15
What. The. Fuck.

Did you have to edit?

indomitable1319, did you try the RPG I linked? If not, try it-it can be played on singleplayer with equal enjoyability.

Well, putting leet.firefox's comments aside (cake success!), I always thought it was common courtesy to make it clear what you edited when you edit in case someone is reading the thread while you're editing it.

Shit, sorry my courtesy offends you.

RPG = Role Playing Game.

In DotA you take on the role of a defender of a said ancient and play the game.

It's not your typical adventure-quest like leet.firefox mentioned, but it's still an RPG regardless.

hi there i'm going to take the words of a genre quite literally and put them into ways that fit me have a nice day though
i could say that oblivion is an rts because it has day and night and works in real time and i use strategies

Oblivion is not an RTS for me.
It's purely the best RPG (Not on Computer; PS3 version) that I have played.
It has so many possibilities, awesome graphics and everything you need to craft your character into the best!
You can join so many factions, get so many weapons and anything else.

I've v99'd all my major skills, except Merchantile, that was a bad choice of skills. I'm a stealth/warrior/mage type, pretty much all-round. I can't take on multiple Gloom Wraiths and Nether Liches.

But I love Oblivion.

Level 26
RPG = Role Playing Game.

In DotA you take on the role of a defender of a said ancient and play the game.

It's not your typical adventure-quest like leet.firefox mentioned, but it's still an RPG regardless.
Oh, people.

Role-playing game used to mean one thing only: Dungeons and Dragons. There is the Role-playing on the forums, the role-playing in your mother's basement with your shady friends, and, of course, the ever-infamous LARPing. But one thing they had in common was that it involved actual ROLE-PLAYING. As in, the storytelling amongst players assuming a role one creates.

Nowadays, people have extrapolated that meaning to any action-adventure game that involves levels. Yeah, I don't get it either. Perhaps in the past, a growing protagonist systems were rather rare, and the games that utilized one drew on the inspirations of dice-rolling games like DnD, and as gaming evolved and the entire genre grew increasingly popular, Role-Playing Games were no longer identified with the dice-rolling ages of before, and the DnD-style games now call themselves just "Role-Playing" or RP. As if they aren't a game.

In any case, if there's one thing of which I'm absolutely certain an RPG must include: Storytelling. DotA is a competition. Any story elements it includes are only there to add to the setting. You're not assuming any roles, like you said. You're just there to compete amongst other players.

So no, DotA is not an RPG. Case closed.

Level 9
Try the Legend of Magnadora, its the best single player map I've ever played.

Edit: En_fuego Using your convoluted use of RPG, every game can be considered an RPG, as don't all games require you to play and to some extent take on a role? Example: Chess is an RPG because you take on the role of the white or black side when you play the board game.

Status
Not open for further replies.