• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fucking Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Then you probably know how it requires some skill.

Not really. It's fun, don't get me wrong. The multiplayer is awesome. But there is no "skill" involved. Its basic logic (Lets NOT run out in the open in Snipers mode), and reflexes. Your average "point and shoot" FPS fare.

I find it funny that you criticize a game for being too simplistic, yet you idealize one that is the mainstream definition of simplistic.

Maybe you should realize that a game being simple, does not make it bad.

Level 15
Halo 3's gameplay isn't clunky like Fallout 3's, and you can't just stand in one spot the whole time. Even snipers need to move around a lot.

Level 15
It isn't. It's just that unlike in Fallout 3 (where you stand stupidly while you shoot an enemy's grinning face...), you move about in Halo 3. While it's not a tactical cover-based 3rd person shooter, it still requires some strategy. You can't run into a base guns blazing.

Level 17
It isn't. It's just that unlike in Fallout 3 (where you stand stupidly while you shoot an enemy's grinning face...), you move about in Halo 3. While it's not a tactical cover-based 3rd person shooter, it still requires some strategy. You can't run into a base guns blazing.

I'm sure that, as a fan of Halo 3, you've clocked in as many hours in multiplayer as I have, if not more.

With that in mind; are you fucking kidding me?

Yes, that's exactly what you do. You aim for the head, jumping up and down and dodging left and right running into the enemy base guns blazing.

"No, you take cover and use tactics and stealth"

LOL

By the way, just keep in mind that I like Halo 3 more than Fallout 3, but I find your reasons for hating Fallout 3 bias and hypocritical, not to mention the fact that you've contradicted yourself three times now.

And before you ask, yes I do that in multiplayer. Yes everyone does that in multiplayer. Yes I usually am in the top 1-5 players in most games.

Level 15
Ok. You CAN go into an enemy's base, guns blazing... but you'll probably die while doing so, unless you take down anyone inside of it one by one.

And no, I haven't contradicted myself. Fallout 3 requires no strategy or skill. That's what I said. That's what I've been saying for a while now, and that's what I'm going to tell you when you say "lul no".

Level 27
I dont know who you play fallout, but I use cover allways. Except when I am under attack by melee enemies - then its better to run away.
And I know why you think you can "just stand" in Fallout 3 - you have created strong master of heavy machinery. Try to create super weak genious - you will have to dodge all bullets and even "Wrath of geek" perk won't help you.

Level 17
Ok. You CAN go into an enemy's base, guns blazing... but you'll probably die while doing so, unless you take down anyone inside of it one by one.

And no, I haven't contradicted myself. Fallout 3 requires no strategy or skill. That's what I said. That's what I've been saying for a while now, and that's what I'm going to tell you when you say "lul no".

Again, everyone DOES go into the enemy's base guns blazing. It isn't "You can but that would be a bad idea" because everyone does it, its fun as fuck, requires little skill, and work.

You criticize a game for being simple, yet you adore one that is the mainstream epitome of simple mindless frag fest.

And the reason you hate Fallout 3 so much, is because you stand there in one spot, doing nothing but shooting and expect to live. (Which you probably won't.)

offtopic: lol 1,337 posts.

Halo's multiplayer was going for fast paced stuff, UT-like, but they didn't really get there. UT fast-pace owns any other game in that aspect, any day. Halo 3 MP can be extremely fun, I never really liked the SP all that much, but yeah, it's fun for stuff like sleepovers (fuk ya) or parties.
Halo non-guns blazing?? What? Where'd you get that lie from?

Steel, void started the argument about a console being more powerful than a PC. I hav no idea where the fuck he got that idea from...

Level 36
No, I started the argument about a console being better for gaming. Didn't say anything about more powerful, unless you mean more powerful than an AVERAGE pc, which they tend to be, because average PCs are crap.

Consoles have better immersion, and if you even try to argue that, I will come to your house and smash your computer.

Level 17
No, I started the argument about a console being better for gaming. Didn't say anything about more powerful, unless you mean more powerful than an AVERAGE pc, which they tend to be, because average PCs are crap.

Consoles have better immersion, and if you even try to argue that, I will come to your house and smash your computer.

Argue what..? What the fuck does "have better immersion" mean?

What can your console do, that my PC can't do twice as good? A controller?

Level 4
Immersion = Buying Battlefield 2 at your local store. Downloading Project Reality full modification. Getting a microphone. Joining a server such as Tactical Gamer that pushes for teamwork and squad use. Playing Karbala on Insurgency mode. Linking up with your squad in main base. Taking a pair of humvees into the urban area searching for weapon caches guarded by another thirty-two human players. Driving for a long quiet ten minutes. Watching a road side bomb, IED, completely wreck shop on the lead humvee causing a cluster of yelling over the microphone. Watching your medic try to look for bodies but gets left in the kill zone as the drive takes off because of gunfire. Watching the insurgents on rooftops open fire on your humvee. Take turns jumping into the mounted machine gun that is nothing more then a insurgent bulls eye. Take bullets into your body and start to bleed while your screen slowly fades into red. Almost make it to the exit but out of nowhere the machine gunner yells "RPG" and all you see is the lucky bastard who fired it and the rocket going through the windshield.

Repeat every night. I havent got to play since Sunday though. Exams were busy. Try it out. Probably the largest Mil-Sim game community that is still active. That may change with ARMA II however.

Bontrager... that sounds orgasmic :/
Pirate World is what I DLed. It sucked in SP, my internet doesn't work :(
I wish I had some good internet... especially no bandwidth.
BF2 Project Reality is apparently AMAZING, according to a BF2-BF2124 expert friend of mine.
Void, if you mean immersion, as in, VR immersion, fuck no. Consoles are a lot worse than that, the only thing is that you stare more at the screen. I get a far larger kick out of playing on the computer with just a headset or so, BF2 just naked works incredibly well for that. Consoles are just more portable, counting out the TV.

As well as that, you said that they're more powerful by saying that they work better for games, because they're made for games. That's pretty much saying exactly that.
Average PCs aren't all THAT crap nowadays, if someone plays games, they'll have a decent computer to go with it. The best thing is that computers can and will always be upgradeable. If it's just some more RAM, a new processor, graphics card, sound card, or similar, or an entire new motherboard and components. Y'know?

Level 4
Bontrager... that sounds orgasmic :/
Pirate World is what I DLed. It sucked in SP, my internet doesn't work :(
I wish I had some good internet... especially no bandwidth.
BF2 Project Reality is apparently AMAZING, according to a BF2-BF2124 expert friend of mine.

The game has its dull moments, but if you can find a good public server then I would say it is the best $10.00 I have ever spent on a video game. If you ever pick up a copy PM me.

Level 15
I've found something interesting. Someone from a French video-gaming magazine played the near-final version of Fallout 3 for 16 hours in a luxurious hotel. He explains what I think of Fallout 3 better than I ever could. Link!

Level 36
I find it really hard to get totally involved and immersed in the game when I'm clacking away on a keyboard and CLICKING to fire my gun. I'd rather pull a trigger, tbh.

So yeah, you can go plug in a controller and plug your PC into a TV, but doesn't that basically make it a console? :/

Level 17
I find it really hard to get totally involved and immersed in the game when I'm clacking away on a keyboard and CLICKING to fire my gun. I'd rather pull a trigger, tbh.

So yeah, you can go plug in a controller and plug your PC into a TV, but doesn't that basically make it a console? :/

I don't really find a plastic trigger (Which doesn't really match a real gun's) any more immersive.

But hey, that's just me.

Level 13
Maybe... but it makes it into a super console which is even more superior than any other console.

Level 9
If you want some fun, go get T-51b Power armor and Experimental MIRV. Make sure you have A LOT of mini nukes. :)

By the way, Bethesda hates PS3 for some reason, it seems.

Because PS3 Oblivion came out months later then 360 and PC? And exclusive dlc came out way later then for 360/PS3 to the PS3. Uh, the because does not belong here.

Level 5
I'm an FPS guy, and I found Fallout3's shooting system to be perfectly fine.

FYI, if all you do is "stand and shoot" or "charge shooting," you should really stop playing games on easy difficulty.

And seeing as how you'd play on easy difficulty no wonder you wouldn't go to the tiniest efforts to realize what VATS does - not only can you shoot the gun to disable it/shoot the arm to make them drop the gun, you can shoot the legs to cripple them and slow them down (THE way to deal with deathclaws), you can shoot the chest which when crippled makes them recoil a lot more from hits, and of course the usual head shot (which crippled, also lowers your opponent's aiming ability).

I found Mass Effect meh.

Level 6
and Fallout 3 with mods takes up like 12 GB.

Nope. With mods it takes up to 9 gigs at worst. I think that pc is really better, you just have to spend atleast 1000$ on a good one. Personally, since i spend way too much money on guitars and harmonicas and stuff, i don't upgrade my computer, but i have 7600GT and Fallout 3 runs on my pc on medium with no lags at all. Well, really sometimes.

Anyway, on PS3, no DLC's have been announced, prolly because there's no way to install them on PS3, or maybe it's because microsoft made deal with bethseda, I don't really know. But no DLC on ps3 means no continue after the end. Sorry :S.

Level 13
I'm an FPS guy, and I found Fallout3's shooting system to be perfectly fine.

FYI, if all you do is "stand and shoot" or "charge shooting," you should really stop playing games on easy difficulty.

And seeing as how you'd play on easy difficulty no wonder you wouldn't go to the tiniest efforts to realize what VATS does - not only can you shoot the gun to disable it/shoot the arm to make them drop the gun, you can shoot the legs to cripple them and slow them down (THE way to deal with deathclaws), you can shoot the chest which when crippled makes them recoil a lot more from hits, and of course the usual head shot (which crippled, also lowers your opponent's aiming ability).

I found Mass Effect meh.
I play on normal and very hard, depending on my mood. It's STILL charge and gun with a heavy weapon (Vengeance, Eugene, etc.) and it's still devoid of any kind of strategy or tactics. Sure you can vats their guns but it's usually easier to just shoot 'em in the head, because with weapons like the Lincoln's Repeater you can pretty much down almost everything all your AP in VATS. Then when you have Grim Reaper's Sprint you automatically gain back all your AP so you can now just VATS another target.

Level 5
I play on normal and very hard, depending on my mood. It's STILL charge and gun with a heavy weapon (Vengeance, Eugene, etc.) and it's still devoid of any kind of strategy or tactics. Sure you can vats their guns but it's usually easier to just shoot 'em in the head, because with weapons like the Lincoln's Repeater you can pretty much down almost everything all your AP in VATS. Then when you have Grim Reaper's Sprint you automatically gain back all your AP so you can now just VATS another target.

Well duh, when you have Grim Reaper's sprint you're already pretty much at level 20. Likewise, note that your statements specifically are "charge and gun with a heavy weapon." Heard of a thing called "mixing things up"? And again, the "shoot 'em in the head" does not apply universally - when without the uber-weapons in the game, often you had to take out the miniguns those super mutants used, as well as the strategy involving deathclaws that I mentioned. Oh, and how about them Giant Radscorps, eh? Furthermore, with the expansions, those Albino Giant Radscorps are sure to be a barrel of fun...

Level 13
Yeah... with the expansions: Metal Blaster > Anything Broken Steel has to offer (except the Feral Ghoul Reavers).

Level 13
DLC=Downloadable Content=Mini-expansions.

Fallout 3 DLC are:
Operation: Anchorage (released)
The Pitt (Released)
Broken Steel (Released)
Point Lookout
Mothership Zeta

Anyways, I really dislike the idea of Mothership Zeta. Aliens just don't... fit into Fallout. Now of course some people claim that there has already been aliens in Fallout 1&2, so they're canonical part of the story. However this is WRONG! Almost all the alien appearances in Fallout 1&2 have been in the form of Special Encounters. However Special Encounters are NOT considered canon. The only non-special encounter Alien in the game was a corpse in a laboratory, but even that turned out to be jsut the corpse of a victim of mentat expirementation.

Level 27
What will our Heroes from Vault XXX will beat crap out when the Enclave will be finished? Aliens! Who are the only one in Wastlelands who is powerful enough to destroy Brotherhood of Steel, Super Mutants and All raiders? Aliens! Who looks evil enough to be main bad guy? Aliens!

Hey, are they are buyable not in internet or free DLCs?

Level 13
You buy them through XBox Live or the Games For Windows Live (I think) Marketplace. They're also being sold as retail CDs, Op.: Anchorage and The Pitt in one CD, Point Lookout and Broken Steel in another. You'll only get Mothership Zeta by buying it on the online marketplace or then buying the Game of the Year edition (which also includes the other DLCs).

I still wonder why Bethesda decided to use the Enclave in FO 3. I mean it was outright stated in FO 2 that the Oil Rig which you destroy in the game was their main base, and with it's destruction the Enclave would be destroyed. However suddenly in FO 3 that was just the "tip of the iceberg". The Super Mutants didn't serve any real purpose in FO 3 besides being a bit tougher enemies.

What I liked about the FO series (prior to FO 3) was that in each game you played a new guy with completely different background and also you always fought a completely different enemy.

Level 13
New Vegas is being made by Obsidian (which was formed by alot of the members who worked on Fallout 2). It's based on the Fallout 3 engine and it will release in 2010 I think.

Level 9
1) Why did you buy a PS3?
2) Just fucking avoid the end until you reach level 20, then you're adventures for that character on PS3 are fucked, or if you have an offline PC or 360 (...I can't connect to Live).
End talking to Void.
1) Based will not cut it.
2) I never played a Fallout 3 prior to Fallout 3, oh shit I said "a Fallout 3" instead of Fallout, well, just end this.

Level 9
You can buy the DLC for 10$ American and 13$ Australian which will allow you to continue your journey. And then the game won't end once you have completed Broken Steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.