• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Fallout 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
i recently started playing fallout 2 the other day and i fell in love....
well sorta...
i had never played it before and i quite liked the idea of a birdseye view view.... and it has turn based combat...
it has nice quest and graphics... for 1998 anyway....
i even got out my windows 98 pc to play it properly cause it hates xp and vista :(

Level 13
It's a great game, althought in my opinnion combat isn't one of it's strengths. Still one of the best RPGs ever.

Level 13
Yeah, I do think that FO 1&2 are superior to Fallout 3 in almost every way. Fallout 2 isn't perfect either thought. In Fallout 2 there are situations which you can't get out of by talking your way out, unlike in FO 1 in which you could complete the whole game by playing a diplomat.

Also you should patch Fallout 2, otherwise it will be really buggy. Also after you've completed it you should consider downloading Fallout 2 Restoration Project mod/fan patch (whatever you want to call it). It adds lots of lost content and areas to the game.

Level 9
Not exactly.. the ZAX supercomputer was well-elaborated and it only seems overdone because Eden is the only one of his model that you see. And it was always clear he was not the actual leader of the Enclave.

Level 9
Agreed.. It made it look a bit suspenseful. And made it clear what the idea/premise was.

Level 13
Fallout 2 > Fallout 1 > Fallout Tactics > Fallout 3 > Fallout Brotherhood of Steel For me.

Level 13
Indeed, FOBOS was crap. It didn't have the Fallout atmosphere at all, the soundtrack was nu-metal and it also conflicted with established lore and story.

Level 15
There's also the real fallout 3 call Van Buren it died with the death of the Black Isle Studios.
Vault 13 is a MMORPG Fallout Project.
And New Vegas is a sequel to the Fallout 3.
Fallout 1 and 2 and Tactics are awesome .

Level 13
There's also the real fallout 3 call Van Buren it died with the death of the Black Isle Studios.
Vault 13 is a MMORPG Fallout Project.
And New Vegas is a sequel to the Fallout 3.
Fallout 1 and 2 and Tactics are awesome .
More like a spin-off since it's being made by another company (Obsidian) and it will not have ties to Fallout 3 in terms of story.

Level 9
Well, looking over Van Buren's stuff, I think the Fallout 3 we got was better.. Plus Van Buren's story kind of sucked in my opinion. But Tyranid, New Vegas is a sequel, but more in the way that it'll be done in mostly the same way and probably have the same subject matter. It may not continue the Lone Wanderer's story, but it's essentially the second installation, (near-Fallout 4) of Fallout 3.

Level 13
No, no it isn't a sequel. It's a spin-off. Also Van Buren seemed miles better than Bethesda's Fallout 3.

Level 9
Too bad Van Buren's graphics sucked ass. But New Vegas, as I said, is YES, a spin-off, but still a sequel. It follows the BASIC idea of Fallout 3.

Level 13
Too bad Van Buren's graphics sucked ass. But New Vegas, as I said, is YES, a spin-off, but still a sequel. It follows the BASIC idea of Fallout 3.
Well duh, it was being made YEARS ago!

Also it's a spin-off. A spin-off is NOT a sequel.

Level 9
Yeah.. I know. I argue for the sake of arguments.
I still think that even if it was made today, our Fallout 3 would pwnzorsheckt Van Buren. My opinion, completely.

Level 9
What.. Why?! Games like Gears and Halo 3 are better on Console then Computer. Hard to run.. hard to aim and fire. You know the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.