• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

You mean fallout 3 is the third in the series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am getting really pissed off right now. On a lot of the VG forums i visit i keep seeing all these topics about newer games like fallout 3 and red alert 3. The big problem about this is that in the first post it always starts like this...

-name-

man i cant wait for (insert new game in series here). it looks awesome! i havnt played any of the previous games so i have no fucking clue about the others. can you guys see the graphics. the look so badass despite that fact that the game play and story is total shit! and its rated M so it has to be great!

Now the problem with this is not so much that fact that these games are new, but the fact that these games tend to butcher anything canon in the previous games or destroy the universe. ill get some examples...

fallout 3- G.E.C.K. Isn't a water purifier. Pip-boy is not another name for Vault Boy. Ghouls are not radiation-only.

Red Alert 3- (I was just barely able to play this pile of filth so I am sure there are even more problems.) Einstein= chrono tech_No Einstein=/= new chrono tech. Einstein= Cause of Red Alert_No Einstein= Germans win world war 2. THIS ISN'T FUCKING SPORE, THESE GRAPHICS SHOULD NOT BE CARTOONY.

Command and Conquer 3- My reaction to seeing the environment that EA decided to use. Downgrade in tech? That is all that is needed.

Oblivion (Not exactly related to what this rant is about but still.)- LOOK AT TEH GRAFIKS TEHY SO GEWD!!!!! Give me a break, if the graphics are so good then why does every person I talk to look so god damn ugly? Also, I noticed that if no one is around and I assassinat- STOP, YOU'VE VIOLATED THE LAW!

Some people may be wondering what the title has to do with this, well i was talking to someone the other day about how i wished fallout 3 could have actually made the skills do something, like the first two. Then this person says "Wait, you mean Fallout 3 is the third?"

God this is a fucking mess, oh well. Why can't companies make obey the laws of their own universe anymore?

P.S. If you are one of the many who played Fallout 3 without at least playing one then here.

P.S.S (Unrelated) I have found out how to have world peace, we have to kill all babies. That way non can grow up to fight in wars. Sure humanity may become extinct but think of all the other species on this planet.

I love ranting but goddamn to I hate typing...

Level 17
Oh /whine moar. No one gives a shit about the old games, Fallout 3 was awesome as its own title and only the hardcore fans worry about these tiny details you seem to love smashing your head over.

Thing is these companies want to make MONEY, not just satisfy 5 or 6 basement nerds. So they need to bring the game into mainstream status.

Level 34
Well I just wasted a minute of my life reading this. I can't understand a single thing you were trying to say.

Level 15
Agreed he is right. My brother has fallout3 and oblivion and I must say they suck. Sure there's some great things about them. But they suck! Chuck storyline and great gameplay right out the window. NO ONE WILL NOTICE. There is way to much focus on graphics these days.
Oblivion is just cheezy as hell. Did you see the way the people walk? And like he said guard catching you out of no where when there's no guard around. Honestly open your eyes! All the oblivion people looked horribly cheezy! Burn oblivion at the stake!

As for fallout3 :) I do like the graphics and when people blow up into pieces. But what else is there? NOTHING. The game is only intresting for awhile. It reminds me of oblivion at every turn too.

If only a game could have great story, gameplay, and graphics. God of War 3 will!

Wasted your time reading my post? Well guess what I don't care.

Level 34
Ya know, I've never played either Fallout 3 or Oblivion so this will all be speculating, but I don't think their popularity is without reason. Games this popular are not without merit, sure they may be over hyped (Halo anyone?), but it doesn't mean they suck.

Also, why do people continue to blab about how graphics don't make games? Is there anyone that actually thinks they do? It seems like everyone is trying to be "smart", or "a true gamer", but in reality you're just stating the obvious. It gets tiring.

Level 27
Well, the first game in the warcraft series i played was Warcraft 3 and i thought it was awesome.

I'm not even considering playing the other to because the graphics.

Yeah, because the graphics you heard me.

I never played Oblivion or Fallout 3, you know i don't like when people reccomend me games because i feel the need to discover if i like it myself or not and when they say it's fucking great i get this feeling of that i will be dissapointed or something when i actually play them.

Level 34
And Sticky is more funny than annoying.

Once upon a time there was this man, his name was Holy Toledo, and he was really powerful. Then one day, a space ship from outer space landed right in front of him and a big green alien jumped out and started eating him. And was our so called hero scared? You bet he was! He cried like a little baby wah wah wah, and all his friends laughed at him. The End. That's all folks...

Well, the first game in the warcraft series i played was Warcraft 3 and i thought it was awesome.

Actually, is not really only graphics, the interface was terrible comparing to the last warcraft, you would barely get the control of that units when you are used to modern RTS.

I think that they made the right decision for Fallout 3. Old gameplay is already outdated and wouldn't attract enough people, only hardcore fallout players, but that won't bring enough money to the developers (yes they need to live from something too).

I am getting really pissed off right now. On a lot of the VG forums i visit i keep seeing all these topics about newer games like fallout 3 and red alert 3. The big problem about this is that in the first post it always starts like this...

-name-

man i cant wait for (insert new game in series here). it looks awesome! i havnt played any of the previous games so i have no fucking clue about the others. can you guys see the graphics. the look so badass despite that fact that the game play and story is total shit! and its rated M so it has to be great!

Now the problem with this is not so much that fact that these games are new, but the fact that these games tend to butcher anything canon in the previous games or destroy the universe. ill get some examples...

fallout 3- G.E.C.K. Isn't a water purifier. Pip-boy is not another name for Vault Boy. Ghouls are not radiation-only.

Red Alert 3- (I was just barely able to play this pile of filth so I am sure there are even more problems.) Einstein= chrono tech_No Einstein=/= new chrono tech. Einstein= Cause of Red Alert_No Einstein= Germans win world war 2. THIS ISN'T FUCKING SPORE, THESE GRAPHICS SHOULD NOT BE CARTOONY.

Command and Conquer 3- My reaction to seeing the environment that EA decided to use. Downgrade in tech? That is all that is needed.

Oblivion (Not exactly related to what this rant is about but still.)- LOOK AT TEH GRAFIKS TEHY SO GEWD!!!!! Give me a break, if the graphics are so good then why does every person I talk to look so god damn ugly? Also, I noticed that if no one is around and I assassinat- STOP, YOU'VE VIOLATED THE LAW!

Some people may be wondering what the title has to do with this, well i was talking to someone the other day about how i wished fallout 3 could have actually made the skills do something, like the first two. Then this person says "Wait, you mean Fallout 3 is the third?"

God this is a fucking mess, oh well. Why can't companies make obey the laws of their own universe anymore?

P.S. If you are one of the many who played Fallout 3 without at least playing one then here.

P.S.S (Unrelated) I have found out how to have world peace, we have to kill all babies. That way non can grow up to fight in wars. Sure humanity may become extinct but think of all the other species on this planet.

I love ranting but goddamn to I hate typing...

Just to help the minorities that like Oblivion and Fallout 3 (Me), i'll just say:

Fallout 3:
1: Right, G.E.C.K is not a Water purifier, but they say its the mean recreate a desolated world and create a living paradise (or somthing like that). How the hack would they do that, if they could not even purify some water?

2: Pip-boy is the thingy around the wrist, so your actually right.

3: No ghouls are not only radiated, simplifying it is just a mean to tell they are not ordenary zombies you can shoot in the head (ingame talk).

Oblivion:
1: When you can edit almost every expect of the face, what can you expect? People do like to look like retards, thats a fact.

2: Somthing tells me that you a lousy assassin.

I don't think Oblivion or Fallout 3 is perfect games, but they are good compared to most games out there.

The sucky part is that they can't really be played online.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll respect your points as long you just don't tell me your a wow player.

Level 25
Fallout 3 = Good game, if you don't judge it for the errors of the two games before, (think of the SC1 fanbois who blame everything SC2 does different).

Red Alert 3 however.. Sucks. Nice ladies.. But it sucks.

Level 15

I never played Oblivion or Fallout 3, you know i don't like when people reccomend me games because i feel the need to discover if i like it myself or not and when they say it's fucking great i get this feeling of that i will be dissapointed or something when i actually play them.

Me too. I only played warcraft3TFT and ROC. Because the first two are just older. Of course graphics play a large role in how good a game is. But warcraft has great gameplay along with it.

Nowadays, they should take their time more on everything else. As long as its standard up to date graphics, thats good enough. There's no need to try and push further than standard when great storyline and gameplay could have a much bigger impact.

Gilles said:
Also, why do people continue to blab about how graphics don't make games? Is there anyone that actually thinks they do? It seems like everyone is trying to be "smart", or "a true gamer", but in reality you're just stating the obvious. It gets tiring.
As for being a true gamer or whatever. I've never posted anything online about this issue before. It's the thread starters post that led me to agree with him. Also because several ppl where bashing him for no aparent reason.

Off topic: Do you think I should get the game Little Big planet? Is it good? Whats it about lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.