• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frustrating Problem with Disappearing Doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey again fellow Hivers :wink:

I'm making my cinematic, but am constantly running into troubles, one of the worst being that the doodads continually disappear. :eek:
Now to explain a little better, the camera moves forwards (ingame and in the editor) and through an arch like doodad. Suddenly, the doodad just disappears, even though you should still be able to see it.

I have no idea why this is, only that the extents may be incorrect in the models themselves, and considering that I am using the UTM, fixing this would be nearly impossible. Any ideas? Like changing fog, camera fields or something related, or just something in the object editor?

Thank you very much, help would really be appreciated.
I will gladly attach a picture if you don't get what I mean. :thumbs_up:

Level 14
Actually the doodads disappear whenever you can't see their bottom, even if they are Page Up-ed a lot you still need to see their bottom for them to display. This is a huge problem if you're working on anything that's supposed to be in the sky.

Level 14
I already told you the solution above. Don't pageup so much so that you can't see the ground below the model and the actual model. If you really need to page up a lot than I suggest you add a small high segment of ground directly below the model.

Of course this will look really retarded from other points of view. Other than that just change the camera angle to face more downward.

Status
Not open for further replies.