• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frosty Woods

Reactions: deepstrasz
Frosty Woods

Description: These woods are harmless as it looks, but adventurers always pay attention to the echoes behind every tree, since these echoes are not cause by the willows.

Suggested Players: 1v1

Lordaeron Winter

Map Size: 96x96
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Locations
Middle of the Map:
Fountain of Health
Guarded by: 1 Granite G.
2 Mud G.
Merc Camp
Guarded by: 2 I. Trolls
1 T. Warlord
1 T. High Priest

Goblin Lab
Guarded by: 2 I. Trolls
1 T. Warlord
1 T. High Priest

Left and Right Corner of the Map:
Goblin Merchants
Guarded by: 2 Rock G. per Merchant

Goldmine as seen in the map
Guarded by 2 Ogre Warrior
1 Ogre Magi
1 Ogre Lord
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Created by: Ken-E
Credits: -Kobas-'s Awesome Melee Map Tutorial
Don't forget to rate the map.
Please throw me your honest criticism in order for me to make it a better map
V1:
*Public Release

V2:
*Removed one of the Ogre Magi in the expansion Gold Mines.
*Reworked some terrain.
*Added more flying birds.

V3:
*Added even more birds.
*Removed trees in the middle in order to make a new path, making the game more flexible.
*Tree stumps design were reduced.
*Added some cliffs to prevent ugly boundary.
*Added more doodads.
*Reworked some terrain.
*Trees were moved more closely to prevent hiding between them.
2 Granite golems were changed into 1 Granite golem with 2 mud golems.

V.4:
*Added two more neutral buildings at the middle of the battle field
*Reduced trees to make more breathing space
*Added more decorations
*Tweaked some wronged cliffs

V.5:
*Added Taverns on both opposing forces
*Removed Ogres from Merc Camp and Goblin Labs
*Early Creeping site of ogre creeping site was change to pure type
*Tweaked item drops, Artifact drop for Granite Golem and Ogre Lord.

V.6:
*Calculated Map Shadow
*Added acknowledgement to myself and Hiveworkshop

V.7:
*Reset acquisition range for goldmine creeps
*Added new screenies
V.8:
Added easter egg

169218-albums3218-picture27765.jpg

169218-albums3218-picture30082.jpg

169218-albums3218-picture27763.jpg

169218-albums3218-picture27762.jpg

169218-albums3218-picture30081.jpg

169218-albums3218-picture55453.png

169218-albums3218-picture55454.png

169218-albums3218-picture55455.png

Melee Maps

Altered Melee Maps

[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/water-world-shattered-land-148855/]Shattered Land
Altered Melee Maps
Keywords:
winter, melee, classic, 1v1, Lordaeron Winter, ogre, troll, gnoll, Ken-E, frosty, woods, chill, best, fresh.
Contents

Frosty Woods (Map)

Reviews
20:14, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 3
Okay, so I was scrolling through the melee map section, and stumbled upon this map. Getting the idea of reviewing the map, I swiftly downloaded and opened it in the world editor.
I just quickly gazed over the map and concluded that the terrain was very well made. I especially liked your use of cut-down trees.
I tested the map and it was pretty fun to play. Just two things though:

The map isn't very flexible and the travel distances are long. This was just a little annoying, though.
The creep camps guarding the gold mines were a bit too strong. Removing one of the Ogre Magis should be enough ;)

To sum it up, the map was overall good and the terrain was very nice ;D

Level 7
Downloading your map... Comment 1 hour later

[edit] I've opened WcWE and saw something
[+] I can see your effort in making this map. At least you don't leave the terrain one-tiled.
[+] I like the idea of using tree stumps.
But...
[-] There are small spaces between trees, where small units can hide
[-] This map is somehow too big for 1v1
[-] You should add more decorative doodads on your terrain
[-] When all trees around the base a cut, you see nothing but a black border. Make some cliff or something to fix this please

Above are my opinions.This is a quite nice melee map, just need to update a bit more and it will be good.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Units can regenerate near the Fountain of Health without the need to eliminate its defenders at its northern border. Similarity goes for the Goblin Laboratory and the Mercenary camp that have units facing south at the south border of the buildings. The buildings are in the middle of nowhere which can ease the purchase of units and their escape for players.

Level 15
Units can regenerate near the Fountain of Health without the need to eliminate its defenders at its northern border. Similarity goes for the Goblin Laboratory and the Mercenary camp that have units facing south at the south border of the buildings. The buildings are in the middle of nowhere which can ease the purchase of units and their escape for players.

Might actually put that on note, been planning to fix my maps, especially the old ones. Thanks man.