• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frostwhisper's Photoshop Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Although I do not consider Photoshop-edited images real art, as they are edited from other works rather than created from scratch, I'd like to share with you what I've done over the couple of months since I got Photoshop.

Several of these shots have been created as entries for the contests over at Worth1000.com, the site that addicted me to Photoshop in the first place.

Enjoy.

My first serious work where I learned the basics of layers,
blur, color adjustments and so on and so forth.
The theme was mixing cartoons with oil paintings.
The Evil Marmot. This one I did mainly for fun, based on an old concept of mine.
Mainly simple filter work and shape adjustments.
Theme was stained glass.
My original stained glass entry,
which I never got around to submit.
Just when good ol' captain Jack was about to have his favorite meal, it decided to have him.
Yes, the WarCraft universe is mixing with reality.
I present to you: Outland.
This piece was my entry for the season-themed
contest, got fourth place.
Based on an ancient concept of mine comes the Mexican cactus-guitarist.
The orc gangsta, a vicious creature which lives in New York.
A wc3-style dryad.
A chocolate Optimus Prime, RDZ's favorite dessert.

Well, that's it for now. I will update it as soon as I make more.

Attachments

206 KB · Views: 1,230
Last edited:
Pretty cool rendering. The cactus is my fav.

I love weird art. :p

Yes Premiere is for movies and Photoshop does not as far as I know.

I was more or less stating that I had bad versions. =(

As far as I know, Photoshop 1-CS2 didn't support creation of animations. There is a tool called "Adobe Image Ready" and you would export between the two tools for animation. I personally, hated it because both would take forever to export to and they would take even longer to load.

That's why Photoshop Cs3 owns because it has a built-in animation window. And you can do "File > Save for Web Devices" to modify the options of the .gif.

Level 8
I liked the Marmot. Looks like a gangster boss.

The Mexican Cactus Guitarist has only 2 issues -
1) While it's body, head and all look nice and quite realistic, it's hands, especially the right one, don't. Anyone could easily catch that the hands are pasted on top whereas they might be flummoxed by the "realistic" look of the rest. Even I caught it as unrealistic just because I knew that cacti don't have moustaches and guitars.
2) It's nose is too unrealistic.

In case of the orc, I suggest you use whitish teeth instead of black, from the small thumbnail I though that all you had done was paint someone green.

Level 3
ah wow very good :D you made a very good fusion of the things :)
maybe you had to work better on the left hear cuz with some little shadows for show that it come from the downside of the leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.