• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jet's Digital Art Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Bunch of stuff in photoshop and an occasional mix in with my sfx. Rapture and Passion may appear blurry because I made the originals in a smaller resolution and decided to enlarge them to show the detail.

CobaltSeal.jpg

69smoke.jpg

Cobalt2.jpg

Rapture2.jpg

PassionDone.jpg

Last edited:
Level 9
Pen, gaussian/linear blur, smudge and some brushes, did i guess the tools right? :p
Anyway, these are really nice, i like Cobalt the most, high resolution ftw D:
And imo it was a bad idea to enlarge the last two ones... They got stepped and blured as you said and lost most of their awesomeness :< Especially Passion.

Level 35
Lioness, I use photoshop and for Rapture and Passion, I screenshotted my own SFX and merged it with post-Photoshop work. You see, I made Passion in a lower resolution than I realized. The real details of it can only be seen when you zoom in and I don't know how to "zoom in" without blurring the rest of the picture. raft_pl, you guessed mostly right except I don't use smudge. I just use lines / filters / my own layer styles. Pyritie, I did not use any fractals in any of my images. I would love to learn how to use Apophysis because I have seen what it can do and I would love to fuse that stuff into my work. If you're thinking Crimson is a fractal, it's actually just stock images of smoke mixed and mashed together xP. As for Cobalt Seal, I can see why you would think it's a fractal because it looks like a composition of patterns. It's actually just one line that i rotated 20 so times and layered all of them on top of each other. Then I gave each line a different layer style for variety and in the end, with some minor touch-ups, that's how it turned out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.