• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frost Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
If you want just chain lightning without the lightning, change lightning effects in object editor. If you want the lightning to jump back on the same units, use trigger with dummy units and set them to cast it properly as you wish.
If you don't understand me clearly, ask for an example map.

Level 4
Yes, so go to object editor, copy chain llightning, remove its lightning type, change its projectile art and your all set (it does what you want).

sorry im that noob...but
I removed: Art - Lighting Effects
And i replaced: Art - Effect with a storm bolt projectile
Art - Missle Art with a storm bolt projectile
Art - Special with a storm bolt projectile
and it doesnt appear in game..

Level 2
Something like Lich's ultimate from dota:grin:, chain lighting without "lighting"...Any ideea?

Lich's ultimate in DotA is actually based off sleep; the bouncing-damage part is done by triggers: every time it hits a unit, it creates a new dummy unit at position of the hit unit and picks a random enemy target within 600 range or something, then casts the dummy damage ability again

Status
Not open for further replies.