• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forsaken Necromancer / Apothecary

An edit of the Necromancer turning him into a "Forsaken".

Just a result of testing some things in the Retera Model Studio.
I realized that the Necromancer without the beard and some of his other assets is quite distinct.

Special thanks to @Symphoneum and @Ardenaso for helping me fixing a problem with the model.

Update 27-03-2023: Scaled down the emissive textures
Previews
Contents

Forsaken Apothecary (Model)

Forsaken Apothecary Backpack (Model)

Forsaken Apothecary Backpack Portrait (Model)

Forsaken Apothecary Portrait (Model)

Forsaken Necromancer (Model)

Forsaken Necromancer Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
Works well without any problem for a first model. Good job! APPROVED and RECOMMENDED. For recommendations, I'd like to request the emissive to get downsized by 50% to save some space. Also:
Would be better just to call them apothecary since well it would make Forsaken and Scourge forces way more different from one another.

Pretty great model as well...
One can of course call them that, but the model is really just a dressed down necromancer.
More a Warlock or Acolyte type than an Apothecary. Could easily be a swapped necromancer variant for Sylvanas' forces in the Forsaken bits of the TFT Undead campaign.

Though, I uploaded now a variant that is more worthy of the Apothecary title. :smile:

Level 21
One can of course call them that, but the model is really just a dressed down necromancer.
More a Warlock or Acolyte type than an Apothecary. Could easily be a swapped necromancer variant for Sylvanas' forces in the Forsaken bits of the TFT Undead campaign.

Though, I uploaded now a variant that is more worthy of the Apothecary title. :smile:

Awesome!
Really enjoy the model and yeah this one can work as well...

Level 12
Simple but effective. May I ask why you moved the book? The Necro walk animation has his left hand on the book. In these models, the book is slightly behind.
A necro.png

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Works well without any problem for a first model. Good job! APPROVED and RECOMMENDED.

For recommendations, I'd like to request the emissive to get downsized by 50% to save some space. Also:

for more differentiation and readability versus each other: I'd recommend changing the non-TC robe of the apothecary to a bit more green, then lose its tome; then the necromancer could then lose the potions

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
We need some forsaken buildings. I’m sure some human buildings with retexture and some added customization like regular light or greenish light or something shining from the windows/door/gate and activates brighter when building units, cobwebs, gothic type looking fencing, old decayed wood, etc. Atleast for a townhall and caster building. I think the other undead buildings are good as is and there is a Forsaken altar already available.
well if you want them so badly you can make them yourself

Level 9
well if you want them so badly you can make them yourself
I actually don't want them badly at all. I could care less. Just a suggestion/starting ideas for anyone to pick up on. Plus I'm not skilled enough for model customization. I have the tools but lack the experience. Plus it's just not worth my time giving the current state of Reforged. The WE is still broken.