1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Miscellanous / Other] Forsaken Bastion's Fall

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by pred1980, Oct 9, 2013.

?

What do you think about our project?

1. Unacceptable

4.1%
  2. Lacking

4.1%
  3. Acceptable

17.8%
  4. Recommended

24.7%
  5. Highly Recommended

24.7%
  6. Director's Cut

24.7%
  1. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeay gameplay. It looks very atmospheric.
    BTW your banners' height is too big for a signature. The maximum is 128 pixel.

Edit: I can't register on your forum. It says my address is blocked because of spam.

2. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've only a link and a facebook and moddb Icon and i don't see any problems.

Is it the correct error message? If not, give it to me and i try to help u.

3. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    this

[​IMG]

It's 350px × 147px.

no it's

4. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, you meant the Support Signature. Ok, i see. I changed it. Thx a lot.

Please try again to register.

Reg.

5. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Interesting project, it kinda reminds me of an old project here before with a different theme(snow/icecrown) but this one is more atmospheric and looks more interesting and enjoyable to play.

Subscribing.

6. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dread Lord

[​IMG]

Statistics
    Name: Dread Lord – Snake Tongue Tristan
    Primary Attribute: Intelligence
    Affilation: Undead
    Race: Undead
    Role: Supporter
    Damage: 22 - 28
    Armor: 5

Movementspeed: 270
    Health-Regeneration: 0.25
    Mana-Regeneration: 0.01
    Weapon Type: Missile
    Cooldown: 1.9
    Range: 600
    Start Health Points: 650
    Start Mana Points: 300

All Details:
    http://forsaken-bastions-fall.com/heroes/dread-lord

Story

Before the coming of the Wizard, King Mithas had Tristan Langue d'Argent, his right hand, his chancellor, his advisor. This man had the unique ability to make the best our of any situation, specially when it came at the cost of others. His many tasks ranged from attending to important diplomatic meetings in the name of his liege, to making sure the people always owed the crown tax money and payed the debts in full amount. Interest rates included.

The Wizard soon took his place at the King's side with his silver tongue. But the Chancellor could see he and the Conjurer had much in common. This meant it was obvious to Tristan his new rival was lying and acting his way through a plot. At just the right moment he approched the outsider and offered him a devil's deal: he would betray his King in exchange of power and a high position under the Wizard's new rule, whom didn't consider him an equal as much as a useful pet. The deal came through, but at the cost of his sanity and image. He follows his new master with blind faith, too crazed to see the consequences of his actions.

Abilities
    [​IMG]
    Vampire Blood:
    The Dread Lord spills his own blood into a target area, enchanting allied units with a life-draining attack.
    [​IMG]
    Purify:
    Tristan heals a friendly unit and removes negative buffs or, he damages an enemy unit and removes positive buffs. It deals bonus damage to summons.
    [​IMG]
    Sleepy Dust:
    The Snake Tongue summons an invisible Dust Bag on the floor that releases Sleep Powder when an enemy steps on it, effectively putting the unit to sleep.
    [​IMG]
    Night Dome:
    Snake Tongue Tristan increases the mana regeneration of friendly units by creating a great Dome around them. It absorbs mana everytime a unit inside it casts a spell, increasing its own output.

7. I_am_Death

I_am_Death

Resources:
    Resources:
    u r need beta tester?
    so can i have a slot? :d
    ___
    EDIT: why so less agi heroes? And why all the heroes are focus on spell, not damage or anything?

8. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Done!

We'll see if you're right when we started the beta. We're able to change everything on the heroes and we'll :)

So, for the moment they're are how they are!

@All: We still need more beta tester. If you're interested drop us a line here and we'll add you to the beta tester list (main thread)!

Reg.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  9. AlienAtSystem

AlienAtSystem

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Short Version: None of the coders liked Agi heroes.

Slightly longer version: I've always been a bit wary about Agi, since it can get very quickly out of hand (see any Hero Line Wars or quickly cobbled together AoS you'd like to name), and they can become quickly a Blademaster-like PitA to balance. It's also more difficult to come up with a concept for an Agi hero that doesn't feels too similar to something someone else made already.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  10. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, AGI heroes are a lot tedious to balance. Their stat bonuses are somehow too much (Armor, MS, AS and AD).

However, you could easily experiment with these stat bonuses to create an interesting one. Perhaps nullify some of those bonuses, only focus on a specific one or something along those lines.

11. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Me sehr guter beta tester. Please add. :)

12. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Done! Welcome on the FBF Mothership :)

13. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Two Informations for you!!!

Do you want to look behind the gates???
    [​IMG]

...and

here comes our last undead hero. We can't add more content in the main threat cuz we reached the limit of characters :) That's why we can only publish this hero in that way.

The next heroes are from the Infidel Side. I'll make only one new post for all Heroes... so this will take a bit time ( mb. 4weeks ).

So here she comes :)

Dark Ranger

[​IMG]

Statistics
    Name: Dark Ranger – Gabrielle
    Primary Attribute: Agility
    Affilation: Undead
    Race: Undead
    Role: Hunter
    Damage: 23 - 31
    Armor: 4

Movementspeed: 320
    Health-Regeneration: 0.25
    Mana-Regeneration: 0.01
    Weapon Type: Missile
    Cooldown: 2.35
    Range: 600
    Start Health Points: 500
    Start Mana Points: 225

All Details:
    http://forsaken-bastions-fall.com/heroes/dark-ranger

Story

Among the numerous mercenary clans scattering around the Peninsula, there is a unique nameless guild operated by a single assassin, who is also the one to take care of contracted jobs. This female archer is tricky, treacherous and possesses an unrivaled marksmanship, befitting her title of the Dark Ranger. The origin of the Dark Ranger is shrouded in mystery. Some say she descended from a secret tribe of female warriors to the North that worships the gods of war, while others claim she is an assassin raised from birth and her arrows had never missed ever since she knew how to use a bow.

Enemies of the Dark Ranger often find themselves being chased by a ghostly archer and incapacitated by spectral arrows that pierce their soul. Even if the Ranger is missing from sight, her arrow is as deadly as ever and the victims only hear of the whizzing sound before their lives are forfeited. Fighting among the undead masses for sole monetary purposes, her bow is ready to bring the holy warriors to their knees.

Abilities
    [​IMG]
    Ghost Form:
    The Dark Ranger becomes etheral, increasing her movement speed. In this form, she's able to walk through units.
    [​IMG]
    Crippling Arrow:
    Gabrielle shoots a poisoned arrow that slows down the targeted unit. It deals bonus damage if the target is already affected by an arrow.
    [​IMG]
    Snipe:
    The Dark Ranger shoots an arrow at a target outside of her usual range. She takes 3 seconds to aim.
    [​IMG]
    Coup de Grace:
    Gabrielle fires an arrow at an allied hero and instantly kills it. The energy released creates a powerful explosion that deals heavy area of effect damage to all enemy units.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  14. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A cool Fanart of our Hero "Death Marcher" made by "morbent" from hiveworkshop.com

[​IMG]

Thanks morbent - it's really great!

15. bethmachine

bethmachine

Resources:
    Resources:
    For the dark rangers final ability, allied personals will get really pissed if their the one that gets shot with tha arrow and are they going to get an assist if them dieing helps kill an hero.

16. AlienAtSystem

AlienAtSystem

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It is a pretty situational ability, but we believe that it is worth its money. Hero deaths are meant to occur quite often, and unlike for example DotA, aren't punished that harshly that forgetting to run away once is ruining the game. While I'm not sure whether it's implemented in the current map, the old version had an invisible bonus feature: A hero killed by Coup de Grace would have a maximal revive time of 30 seconds, instead of 60.
    Sure, when you're playing a pub and someone's trying out the abiltiy on your hero with 99% health, you've got every right to feel pissed. But FBF is meant to be a team game, where you have to work together with your teammates, and that does include trusting them to use abilities like that wisely.

17. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  18. AlienAtSystem

AlienAtSystem

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    We're hosting a contest here on Hive! For everyone who had an awesome idea for a hero to add to an AoS map, here is your chance! Present us your idea, and with a bit of luck, we'll implement it in Forsaken Bastion's Fall. There's a reputation reward too, for the greedy.

19. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well i would like to be a beta tester...

i would like to test on how good you are in designing heroes.. cause as you know heroes are good not just on the look or eye candy spells but its functionality and easy-to-use-yet-not-boring-skills.

In short maybe i will suggest some hero improvements... cause as you know i made a lot of hero arena maps (mostly all of my maps)..

20. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's good to know you've experience in designing hereos and you'll suggest some hero improvements. Welcome on board! :)