• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest Troll Outrider

The first of the Second Tier of Forest Troll models.

The Outrider is a mobile warrior, able to ride to the front of the battlefield, and let loose an inspiring Battlecry. With his brutal mace, the Outrider is a nightmare atop fangs and claws, able to run down and destroy the siege weaponry of the larger factions with ease.

Feel free to use and edit this model, so long as I'm given credit for my work.

EDIT:
I've made the wolf bigger, and the troll smaller. I've also changed the size of his hands. Also fixed the camera.

Keywords:
Forest Troll, Troll, Green, Raider, Wolf, Wolfrider, Rider, Pillager, Orc, Horde, Creep, Mace, Assassin
Contents

Forest Troll Outrider (Model)

Reviews
Misha 4th Dec 2013 Moderator's Review: why the heck is the camera centered on his abs and crotch? he's that bad-ass? :xxd: let's see his face excellent.

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
4th Dec 2013
Moderator's Review: why the heck is the camera centered on his abs and crotch? he's that bad-ass? :xxd: let's see his face
excellent.

Level 24
To small hands for to large arms, the mount also is to small and where's the large ears?

None the less it's a great model.

Level 24
I think is chest and stomach is a bit oversized (they are too high) since trolls are not really so tall in Warcraft anyways.

Ehmm... trolls are the tallest playable race in WoW and since this is obviously an Amani troll I don't think it's that wierd that he's tall.

Level 24
This isn't WoW, it's Warcraft 3. Some things are different.

Either way, a giant madafakin troll riding a tiny ass dog ain't right.

No but WoW follows the standard WarCraft lore which applies to all WarCraft games.

And if you look at my first post you'll see that I also commented on the size of the wolf.

Level 49
i really like the troll and i like what you did with the team colored metal pieces. but is it just me or is the team color of that cowl too overpowering? also, i think the wolf could've had a more savage look.
still getting a 5/5 from me though.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
This guy's... interesting. He's got some strong points, and your updates have really made him much better, but he still suffers in a couple places. Quite a neat idea though.

My biggest beef the mount. A dog? Not even a wolf, a dog? Not only is this basically a Troll (Orc) Raider, but you didn't even use the (cooler) Raider mount; just the Dog creep. Forest Trolls would probably ride Bears or Hawks or something... But alright, let's just say for sake of argument that they ride Wolves Dogs (maybe this is a different world, no Orcish Raiders)... But the texture on the dog itself is horribly clashing with the textures used for the rider. Unfortunately, as a creep, the Dog has a real blurry & low-detailed texture. The Troll looks nice (more on that later), but the dog is sad. :<

Second issue (not so big) is all the SFX on the animations; I get Attack Slam and Spell, but having that big green streamer on each & every basic attack seems a bit overkill.

On the plus side, I'm impressed by the animations (again); those Attacks are just nice. That, and the mesh is nice and varied (the satchel & junk on the wolf's back, the halter on the wolf, the neat (if a bit over-spiky) mace, the cool flowing cape, and the head-cover).

Keep it up! I love the stories.