• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forest Troll Blademaster

A simple geo-merged UV mapped model. Its a simple Blademaster with a Troll Trapper's head. I hope its useful to people :)
The model is only about 75kb when imported.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve this, please do say so :D
At the moment, I am looking for someone who can rig the head so that I can combine the potrait with the model itself.

Credits:
anarchianbedlam (Helping me fix a bug with the model)

PS:

This model is already squished with MDX squisher.

19/04/2009- Model released.
21/04/2009- Updated model, UV mapping fixing, changes to sword.
25/04/2009- Redid texture on sword. Made hero glow not show during Death and Dissipate animations so that it fits the Moderator's requirement.
02/05/2009- Made the Troll cool :) Now he has a helmet! Icon available.
31/07/2009- Really that long already? I finally decided to revert it back to what it was. Fixed the back-stabing bug by removing an animation and removed the extra potrait animation.

Keywords:
Blademaster, Blade, Master, Forest Troll, Commander
Contents

Forest Troll Blademaster (Model)

Forest Troll Blademaster (Model)

Reviews
18:07, 24th Apr 2009 Pyritie: Hide the hero glow during the death and dissipate anims. 13th May 2009 Pyritie: The helmet needs fixing. The unwrap's pretty messy and so is the mesh. 2nd August 2009: General Frank: Looks good to me and works...

M

18:07, 24th Apr 2009
Pyritie: Hide the hero glow during the death and dissipate anims.

13th May 2009
Pyritie: The helmet needs fixing. The unwrap's pretty messy and so is the mesh.

2nd August 2009:
General Frank: Looks good to me and works ingame. Approved.

Level 26
The model itself does not need a "Portrait" animation if it has a separate portrait model, removing it and all integers relating to that animations will reduce filesize. Also, in the walk AND attack slam animations the sword hovers in front of him, out of his hand.

Otherwise, a very good use of ingame textures, i love the model, a 4/5 once you fix those problems

Level 15
Wow, loads of comments. Rather unexpected :D
Anyway, I did some fixes as some requested. View Changelog in first post.
Many say that this idea is not new, but has the model actually been created? I think the ones available are different from this no?
i think the texture on the sword is upside-down.
Its not. Anyway, I redid the sword to something different.
The model itself does not need a "Portrait" animation if it has a separate portrait model, removing it and all integers relating to that animations will reduce filesize. Also, in the walk AND attack slam animations the sword hovers in front of him, out of his hand.
Ok, thanks for the tip. However, you should know that model editor shows stuff wrongly sometimes, try it in game :)

Overall, thanks for the support. Did some misc stuff and fixed the UV mapping slightly (realised what I thought was his feet was actually his ear XD)

Level 15
As stated in my +rep, I did make him skinnier, it just wasn't in the screenie I think.
Also, I did some changes to the sword. I used the Forest Troll Trapper's axe texture as the texture for the sword.
Also, the other things you suggest are not the easiest to implement. Not only does the model have short arms, you can bearly make out the elbow...
Anyway, I did as asked by the moderators. Hope this gets approved soon :S

As stated in my +rep, I did make him skinnier, it just wasn't in the screenie I think.
Also, I did some changes to the sword. I used the Forest Troll Trapper's axe texture as the texture for the sword.
Also, the other things you suggest are not the easiest to implement. Not only does the model have short arms, you can bearly make out the elbow...
Anyway, I did as asked by the moderators. Hope this gets approved soon :S

funny :3 i would easily add moar things to him x3

Level 15
Very useful model, simple but nice.
What i don't like tho is the texture and the head. The texture isn't bad at all, but I think you should add some more "Troll-theme" things, such ad skulls, voodoo etc. Right now it just looks like a troll with some boring clothes on, nothing unique.

About the head, right now it looks roman, has the hair comes from the helm... Í think you should either remove the helmet, or make some spikes instead of hair, to match the troll theme.

Level 5
Interesting idea and perfectly fitting.. why should orcs be the only blade masters but I find the head to be rather large and "egg shaped" other then that perfecto!

4/5

Level 12
Jungle Trolls are skinny, Ice Trolls/Forest Troll are quite muscular, I think dark trolls are about the same

Playable trolls in wc3 are jungle trolls. So make the skin grayish and its a jungle troll, make it buffer if its a forest troll