• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

footman.blp

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
footman_01-2.png
footman_02-2.png
footman_03-2.png

A Scarlet Crusade Footman

Keywords:
Scarlet, Crusade, Footman, Infantry, Soldier, Red, Holy, WoW, World, Of, Warcraft
Contents

Scarlet Crusader (Texture)

Reviews
10:39, 23rd Jun 2009 Hawkwing: The helmet is really lacking. It's very plain and, due to a lack of highlights, it doesn't look too metallic. Still, it's a very nice skin and it certainly deserves approval.

M

10:39, 23rd Jun 2009
Hawkwing: The helmet is really lacking. It's very plain and, due to a lack of highlights, it doesn't look too metallic. Still, it's a very nice skin and it certainly deserves approval.

Level 30
This is really nice. In fact it's awesome but there is one thing that bothers me and it's the shield spike, alpha it out and I'll rate it 5/5 in less than a heart beat.

The thought also occured to me, however, the spike uses the same texture thats on the chest, so If I alpha it out, it also affect the emblem on the chest :S

Level 10
The thought also occured to me, however, the spike uses the same texture thats on the chest, so If I alpha it out, it also affect the emblem on the chest :S

Ouch :eekani: thought the spike was the square part at the top (my misstake) well, if nothing can be done it's as great as it can be :thumbs_up:

EDIT: I just realized that the square thing is the protective plate on the sword.

Last edited:
Level 6
Theres a few things to be said: Good, good, good and... Well guess what... Its great. I espicially like the helmet. It really gives something to it :) But it looks like runes on the sword? Scarlets doesnt have runes i think. I play WoW and ive never seen runes on them :p

Level 30
dammit xD I just lost half the skin because photoshop crashed lol :) I'll get it back to how it was soon enough though :)

I based the sword on some fanart of mograine I found, which had some runes on the sword funnily enough :D But yet, I can see what you mean, it may be a bit overkill for a footman xD I'll keep it for now as it looks rather nice, however, if more people suggest the same thing I'll change it ;)

As for the shield, I tried to give it a sort of "used" look to it, however, it doesnt really fit in does it :/ I'll sort that out :)

Another thing I just noticed is that his tabard doesnt come out below the belt xD

I'll make sure changes now and upload it in a sec :)

EDIT: Changes Made :)

Last edited:
Level 16
I will reserve my comment until Misha post. I want to know the quantity of things that he can say to you.
Cw, your skins are good, coz you are the master of the filters, textures, and automatic tools (like gradient and so). Really, you need to add more freehand. Really.
Correct to me if im wrong. :)

Level 6
Well you're right about the wrap on footman model. Its horrible. But i see u still have the runes on the sword :p Just move them to the center. Doesnt really help that much XD

Level 6
And removing the runes on the sword and improving it a bit :p C'mon ppl. He wont make it before enough tells him to do so XD

Level 3
The Scarlet Crusade is a religious organization dedicated to the eradication of the undead.
Scarlet Crusaders come from many vocations — warrior, priest, wizard, scout — but all have one obsession: the complete and utter destruction of the plagueborn creatures who have conquered and occupied their ancestral homelands.
How Can a footman be a religious organization ?!
For The Lore 3/5
For the Texture 5/5
Overal Rating 4/5
~Chris

umm i think that the section here makes the emblem on the sheild... i think.

I think ill check it now

Attachments

• skins_3484_preview_tn.jpg
    skins_3484_preview_tn.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 211
Level 30
umm i think that the section here makes the emblem on the sheild... i think.

I think ill check it now

Aye, thats true for the base of the shield :) However, on the shield you will notice a tiny spiked bit that pokes out :p The spike uses the texture thats on the chest for some strange reason xD

By alph'ing it out, it means im gonna have an invisible chest as well as the spike lol :)

Whoever made the footman model must have been high or something ;)

Aye, thats true for the base of the shield :) However, on the shield you will notice a tiny spiked bit that pokes out :p The spike uses the texture thats on the chest for some strange reason xD

By alph'ing it out, it means im gonna have an invisible chest as well as the spike lol :)

Whoever made the footman model must have been high or something ;)

lol i agree. most of the textures were made by high people.

and oh true its the spike. i thought that texture was for the spike aswell