• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Flying Unit Pathing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have a visual problem with some dummy units that have flying unit pathing. When they are near terrain that is steep or raised, their height is hugely exaggerated. If I use pathing type "none" or "foot," then this is fixed but they no longer ignore ground pathing blockers and have 0 movement height even if I set move height to a number

attachment.php

Attachments

• projectile.jpg
    projectile.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
You could use a periodic trigger that set the flying height of theirs to
  • Set Point1 = (Position of (Picked unit))
  • Custom script: set udg_Height = GetLocationZ(udg_Point1)
  • Animation - Set (Picked unit)'s fly height to (((Default flying height of (Picked unit)) - Height)
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
I guess it will work, but you never know with hardcoded material.

Level 8
For the Height, change it to hover. Though the pathing blocker problem is different.
Perhaps set its collision to 0?

I already tried this and it's as close to a solution as I can get.

Basically it works just how I want it except if the unit generating the dummy projectile is near a pathing blocker, it will not launch from the front of the caster, but a random point that is ground pathable. Apparently the 0 collision size does not get checked for on unit creation.

Level 19
Basically it works just how I want it except if the unit generating the dummy projectile is near a pathing blocker, it will not launch from the front of the caster, but a random point that is ground pathable. Apparently the 0 collision size does not get checked for on unit creation.

Set Art - Elevation - Sample Points/Radius to 0 each. That should fix the problem.

if that does not work add 2 lines of custom script like this:
call SetUnitX(udg_unit_variable, udg_x_value)
same for SetUnitY

Level 5
That's because the dummy is flying and auto adjusts.

Make the dummy have foot movement and use the crow form trick to give it a flying height.
Because it's foot movement it won't auto adjust when it's coming up to the hill though it will have a flying height.

The data of a unit that causes it to smooth it's flight path near cliffs is the
Art - Elevation - Sample Points/Radius
Which if you set those to 0 each, it will set it's height to the ground height plus it's fly height, the radius is how far away for it to sample Points, points, and use the highest point for ground height. with a radius of 0, and points of 0, it will look at the point where the unit is.

Status
Not open for further replies.