• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Floating +X healed texts with Healing Wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey there.

In my map I'm using green floating texts with heal spells with per example "+200" when a unit gets healed by a spell that heals 200.
Is there any system that automatically creates healing values with a minimum value so the hp regeneration wont be in that? I've got a damage system already but not a healing system.

If not. Can anyone tell me how to track down the Healing Wave targets? If I create a floating text at 'target unit of ability being cast' it will only be at the target, but not at the 2 others if my healing wave has 3 targets total.

Thanks

Level 19
fixed it with 2 dummy's.
The healing wave is just for 1 target, then it creates a dummy at target unit of ability being cast, and that dummy casts another healing wave, and after that another dummy casts the 3th healing wave, and then it stops.

only problem is the healing waves look like they come out of the air, instead of the targetted unit.

Level 13
Yeah, make sure that the dummy unit is has no flying height. Or if the problem doesn't go away, try to make the dummy caster a ground unit (if it was a flying one). There are a lot of adjustments you can make to achieve a good effect, but I forgot them all.

Level 19
Well that's basic. flying height to 0 and stuff.
However if the target of healing wave moves, you can see the healing wave special effect wasn't at the unit, but at the position of the unit (where the invisible dummy is).

Status
Not open for further replies.