• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Floating Text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
In my map, I create Floating Text that for some players has a transparency of 100%, and others 0%. I want floating text to fade out for players who can see it. But using war3's default API,
  • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
  • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
I believe this resets the transparency, causing all players to be able to see the text. I could be wrong on this, though. Can anyone link me to some script somebody's already made or throw some new script at me? ;3

Thanks.

Level 13
uhh no. Lol I use GetLocalPlayer to set the transparency upon CREATION of the text. I'm talking about a loop trigger for DESTRUCTION of float texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.