• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Not showing floating text, GetLocalPlayer + Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Oke, long title but the question still is. Why wont it work?
It's this part that's being annoying.

• For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set Point_Hero[(Integer A)] = (Position of Unit_PlayerHero[(Integer A)])
      • Custom script: if (GetLocalPlayer()==Player(GetForLoopIndexA())) then
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((PlayerColor[(Integer A)] + ((Proper name of Unit_PlayerHero[(Integer A)]) + :|r Where am I?)) + RandomTextCasual[(Random integer number between 1 and 8)]) at TalkTargetPoint[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] with Z offset 0.00, using font size 8.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 5.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 15.00 towards (Random real number between 50.00 and 90.00) degrees
      • Custom script: endif
I think I made the GetLocalPlayer wrong, but I'm not sure.
Can somebody tell me why it ain't working?

Level 17
Would be possible for this trigger yes, that I didn't think about it. Problem is that I it's often mixed with integers that are stored with 1 through 4. :p
There was a function to add 1, GetConvertedPlayer, but I don't know how to spell the exact function withing this function. =/

Still thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.