• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Floating Text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
  • Floating Text
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <YOUR ABILITY>
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads <YOUR MESSAGE> at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)

Level 29
depends on situation, floating text above unit is best...

• Floating Text - create floating text above triggering unit
  • Floating Text - disable pemanence of last created Floating Text
  • Floating Text - set velosity of last created floating text to SPEED and DEGREES
  • Floating Text - Set lifespan of last created floating text to (seconds)
if you want a timer floating text, use another trigger for the loop of it...

Level 7
Mckill you don't understand me,i'm not asking how to make floating text to dissapear,i'm asking how to create the floating text when begins casting ability with casting time,it shows the floating text after the casting time expires,i'm asking how to make the floating text to show before the casting time expires,as i said in the second when i order to cast the spell.

Level 9
how about this?
  • Floating Text
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to <YOUR ABILITY>
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads <YOUR MESSAGE> at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)

Level 7
i'm asking how to create the floating text when begins casting ability with casting time,it shows the floating text after the casting time expires,i'm asking how to make the floating text to show before the casting time expires,as i said in the second when i order to cast the spell.

I tested With begins and starts the effect of an ability,still doesn't work.And it is not really important what to show...i can change this whenever i want,i don't have problem with this.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Strange, if you want float text at EXACT time when the spell is cast above the casting unit.. no timers, no nothing... it should work like other users said

Try adding a 0.5 second pre-casting time at the ability and setting the "Begins casting - an ability" ... that might work

Level 33
Strange, if you want float text at EXACT time when the spell is cast above the casting unit.. no timers, no nothing... it should work like other users said

Try adding a 0.5 second pre-casting time at the ability and setting the "Begins casting - an ability" ... that might work

What I think, is he want to synchronize the Floating Text with Cast Ability

Level 7
Spy the spell engine is all in jass,i don't understand anything writed in there.And mckill in your demo map the spell was based on flame strike,my spell is based on silence with casting time 5 seconds..and i don't see anything what could make it to show the floating text when i click to cast the ability,when start loading the casting time,not after the spell is casted.Actually i don't see any actions in GUI that could run when i click to cast the spell(before the casting time expires). :sad: :cry:

Level 7
Oh sry for my grammar and yes thats what i want > begins Casting silenbce >>>Timer for 5 seconds appear >>after expires then silence effect..but in my map it's not silence effect,but the spell is based on silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.