• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Flickering" damage values involving Command/Trueshot Auras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
So for a long time I noticed when my heroes have an item with a custom command aura or trueshot aura, the instant they fire, their bonus damage decreases. After finally testing with some damage detection I noticed the aura is actually not helping their dmg at ALL about 9 times out of 10. Has anyone else experienced this and how did they fix it? I will rep you for helping :)

I fixed this issue in another map several years ago but I do not remember what I did. The feeling I have from back then is that it was a simple fix, but nothing else.

Level 13
Quote from PlayDota

"Aura Flicker

The Command Aura and the Trueshot Aura have a special case where their effects will appear to flicker, that is, the effect is temporarily removed and then added again.

Whenever a unit is created for your player and you have a Command/Trueshot Aura it will be temporarily removed and then reapplied, created units include all units created from summoning units to dummy units created by triggers. This means that when the aura has been removed there is a very small time frame until it is readded again where you can land an attack without gaining the benefits from the Command/Trueshot Aura."

This sounds bizarre, but I suppose it's saying every time a unit enters the map if the player whose unit entering has a unit with command aura the aura is removed from all units and then reapplied.

For the unit to not be gaining the effect, I assume you must be creating units at a fairly steady and tight interval.

Have a read of this thread too for even more clarity Weird aura flickering bug - Wc3C.net

Last edited:
Level 9
Quote from PlayDota

"Aura Flicker

The Command Aura and the Trueshot Aura have a special case where their effects will appear to flicker, that is, the effect is temporarily removed and then added again.

Whenever a unit is created for your player and you have a Command/Trueshot Aura it will be temporarily removed and then reapplied, created units include all units created from summoning units to dummy units created by triggers. This means that when the aura has been removed there is a very small time frame until it is readded again where you can land an attack without gaining the benefits from the Command/Trueshot Aura."

This sounds bizarre, but I suppose it's saying every time a unit enters the map if the player whose unit entering has a unit with command aura the aura is removed from all units and then reapplied.

For the unit to not be gaining the effect, I assume you must be creating units at a fairly steady and tight interval.

Have a read of this thread too for even more clarity Weird aura flickering bug - Wc3C.net

Yeeeep that'll do it all right...very interesting. Thanks so much for finding that; I'll have to rep you when I'm allowed to do so again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.