• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make unit imune to Trueshot Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need help, how to make some type of units imune to Trueshot Aura, because I have some custom units, which are classificated as archers, but they should be meele units (I am using Weapon Type: missile, because the unit can fire missiles, but it should be still meele unit).

Now I am using this trigger to fix it, but I think it's not the best solution and it has also some bugs (the unit has sometimes Trueshot Aura buff for part of second. I can decrease the trigger repeating time, but it can lag the game.)

• Events
    • Time - Every 0.25 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units type of my_custom_unit) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Remove Trueshot Aura buff from (Picked unit)

Level 12
I need help, how to make some type of units imune to Trueshot Aura, because I have some custom units, which are classificated as archers, but they should be meele units (I am using Weapon Type: missile, because the unit can fire missiles, but it should be still meele unit).

Now I am using this trigger to fix it, but I think it's not the best solution and it has also some bugs (the unit has sometimes Trueshot Aura buff for part of second. I can decrease the trigger repeating time, but it can lag the game.)

• Events
    • Time - Every 0.25 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units type of my_custom_unit) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Remove Trueshot Aura buff from (Picked unit)

Good GOD, man.

Just edit the classifications and targets allowed. And don't do that every .25 seconds. Jesus.

Level 17
OR you could make an "anti-trueshot-aura"-thingy. When your unit type gets trueshot aura buff give it an ability what decreases your unit's damage the exact percent the trueshot aura does. This way your can skip the glitches coming with the unit classification change.
Don't forget to remove the ATSA when your unit type loses the trueshot aura buff ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.