• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Five Team Tower Defence

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map isn't fully complete yet, however the lvls are gripping and will keep you at it till the next ver comes out, theres 26 lvls and will own your ass if you don't do it right, a five player team map!

Keywords:
warcraft, warcraft 3, full-iron, pro, hard, Tower defence, Team, defence, WIN, 5 players, five players, 5, five, five team tower defence
Contents

Five Team Tower Defence (Map)

Reviews
10:13, 14th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: See post #2, Rejected.

M

10:13, 14th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
See post #2, Rejected.

Level 28
Review:

General

General:
  • A lot of typo's, which is really annoying
  • Very bad description (both on the hive as in-game)
  • You show 10 hints simultaniously at the start, I didn't have enough time to read them all.
  • Nice multiboard, but you could've added more colors

Gameplay:
  • No disabled spawn for left players/unused slots
  • A standard TD, nothing new.
  • Game lags at further stages, check the "trigger"-section of this review for further info
  • No additional Game Modes
  • You just get 100 gold for every tower (when sold), how lame is that?
  • Some hotkeys aren't working
  • Not much towers (Only 19, if I'm correct).
Terrain/Objects

Terrain:
  • Standard, low-quality terrain
  • The mass-lightning looks horrible.

Objects:
  • No original towers: Cannon tower, Guard tower, ...
  • You should use an undead builder, not a human/orc/night elf builder.
  • Tower descriptions suck
  • Low-level Cannon Towers can't hit an enemy (even at higher levels, they won't hit a lot of units).
  • Damage factors (AoE) have been abused: the further away the missile is from the target, the more damage you deal
  • The lvl 3 Cannon Tower has a 100% Damage loss factor, so the splash doesn't work at all.
Triggers

Triggers:
  • Not a single leak fixed, which causes lag.
  • Almost all triggers haven't been done in an effective way.
  • I didn't see a victory/defeat-trigger... (?)
Overall

The description is really bad, I didn't know what to expect or what to think of this map.
That is one reason why some people wouldn't download this map.
Unfortunately, there is almost no change in the waves, the towers aren't original (and there aren't a lot of them), the terrain is lacking and you can't win (only lose).

Rating: 1/5
Vote for Rejection

Reason/hints:

Well, it's mainly because of the poor english, the missing description, the poor triggering, the wrong object data, the hotkeys that didn't work, the lacking gameplay and the spammed lightning.

Try to test the object data before you launch a map with it, the Damage Factors en the Damage Loss Factor is something you don't wantto abuse, since it will lead to a map that is hardly working.

If you really want something to show where a wave is, try making something up, the spammed lightning is something that bothers me in a lot of TD's/mauls, but you've really overdone that.

Also, when creating a TD, try to keep in mind that you can't always play full house and turn off the spawn for unused slots/left players.

About the triggering: use more variables (set a trigger that defines every creep type, the amount needed to spawn, ... and then you'll only need 2 triggers for all spawns).

If you've got any further questions, please PM me, or post another message here, since I will keep track of this map.

Level 4
Thanks

Thank yo Mr. ap0calypse it was just so people get a sample but this has helped a lot. Thank you for your time : D

By the way, i'm fixing all the triggers/`Could be done better` hints you have gave me, would you please show me how to make a`sell trigger` that works, it's a bug i have been trying to fix, if you do help keep track of this map with improovements a Thanks to: will be for you on the loading screen. (I have found the sell trigger off of this website : http://war3.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41055) Ideas for game modes i had: DPS only mode, each player will get a Tower builder that can only do DPS, at the end of the maze will be a few towers with 100 DMG. Fast Mode, all towers will build slower and spawns will spawn faster

Last edited:
Level 5
Thank yo Mr. ap0calypse it was just so people get a sample but this has helped a lot. Thank you for your time : D

By the way, i'm fixing all the triggers/`Could be done better` hints you have gave me, would you please show me how to make a`sell trigger` that works, it's a bug i have been trying to fix, if you do help keep track of this map with improovements a Thanks to: will be for you on the loading screen. (I have found the sell trigger off of this website : Creating a Sell Tower Ability - The Unofficial Warcraft III Forums) Ideas for game modes i had: DPS only mode, each player will get a Tower builder that can only do DPS, at the end of the maze will be a few towers with 100 DMG. Fast Mode, all towers will build slower and spawns will spawn faster

For selling I assume you made a skill for the tower and made a trigger for it so it could be sold for 100 gold. Just add a condition to it like
  • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to tower name
Make triggers for all your tower.

Level 28
I wouldn't do it as magerox (I'm sorry, that works, but it can become pretty long), but your trigger was already good!

Make a skill from Wind walk (that way you can sell multiple towers at the same time).
Just set the point value for every tower to the correct amount (if you sell your towers for 100%, iet's the same as the gold cost + the previous upgrades).
Then you can keep your trigger.

("Stats - Point Value" can be found under the maximum mana and above the race.)

The DPS-mode seems like a good idea, at least that's something original.
Can fix those typo's, or is your english not that good?