• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Kara'mos Tower Defence

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map has been updated and should have all the bugs fixed that i could do from the first review, thanks:
-When you sell a tower it will go to the player who sold it.
-Less lagg, this was done by stopping the wave timer.
-The waves are easyer from lvl 11+, i made their hp a lot smaller, this should be do-able now.
-Still the one tower, like i said i'm testing it with this first, later will add 2-4 more new towers:
-Pulse Towers, stops time (Stops units around the tower each X seconds.
-Icy tower, slows units dealing small splash (Units hit by splash will be slowed, however not as much as the main target.
-Some sort of bounce tower or something. (Not sure i'll add this one in the next update.)
-Gravity Tower (Slows units nearby the tower by a huge % and will deal X dmg to units around the tower.
-Each tower will have around 2-3 upgrades to them and more in later vers.
-Still i'm workig on the blocking and left/kicked triggers, need help with them, help (if it works) will be rewarded! Thanks!
This map is still in making, im just looking for reviews of the map, how i can balance it and any bugs, how i can improove the lay out etc, all GOOD reviewers will be credited, i know there are some bugs. However, it should be playable, if you can explain why something is bad then please do, if you cant, i won't take much notice of your reviews. I'm also looking for someone to give me an idea on how i can make a system where a player is not or has left the game, how i can kill their spawns, it's a hard task to do, you'll see why in game.

These are some that i AM or may be aware of, please say if you find any though.

If you find the following bugs/improovements please say:
-Units jumping from one place to another.
-Some units don't spawn on wave 1 but do spawn on the others sometimes this happens some times it doesn't
-The description in wrong on the Elder Loger, it displays the Mad Loger's description (Don't post about this.)
-After i've playen the game a few times, i still find some of the lvls hard. (Please explain why it is hard, note what kind of tower builds you have used and what wave & if you can the monster's name.
-The lay out sucks, however if you change this about it, it would make this un-even. (please explain why it sucks etc.)
-Some of the monsters are way to big. (Again, state the Wave/monster's name.)
-I think you could make this more colorful/spelling mistakes are made. (State why and/or which spelling mistake.)
-The loading screen sucks you could improove it if you did this: "<>"
-A player has left/not in the game, sometimes monsters spawn and sometimes they don't in their spawning pool.
-A player has left or is not in the game and the monsters gets removed, even the ones that has made it past as soon as they teleport. (If this does happen please give me examples on how to fix it.)
-Power is at 0 however game does not end (i didn't want this ver to have game end yet, dont worry or post about this.)
-Players can block. (If you state about this and don't say ways i can fix it future reviews by you will be ignored, if you dont know how to fix it say so, but dont say they are blocking and leave it like that.)
Someone who tells me how to fix players from blocking (And it works) will be credited, i have gave all the waves that ghost abillity.
Their are more towers, however i would like to see how it goes with the one and the upgrades, in teh futer vers i will be adding them, if you can't get past a wave and keep getting killed on it over and over again pelase say which wave and by how close you were to doing it, please predict if you could have done it wit hmore towers IE - Slowing towers, towers with splash attacks. Please say which towers you used in your prediction and how much they would need to buy that tower, this may/may not be credited if you do this.

Please comment on the game play idea if you find it intresting or has already been done, i spent some time thinking of the game play. This game will take you up to the first boss fight and the boss fight WILL repeat it self.

Thank you for your time if you bother to right a reviews, all GOOD reviews that keep coming after each update will credited. Thanks!
PS: Sorry about my Advert spam... ): (^^)(o_O)(^^)
Contents

Kara'mos Tower Defence (Map)

Reviews
18:08, 16th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected See post #4 for my review

M

18:08, 16th Nov 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

See post #4 for my review

Level 3
Review?

Good:

Bad:

1. All selling from all players goes to RED:
2. To keep them from blocking, have creep set atk to 10000 and hp of the towers to 10 and if the tower block, the creep auto atk it.
3. TOO MUCH SPAWNS- cause lag even on a 100mb ghost++
4. only 1 builder? lame
5. you could set a trigger stating if a player left, all units in his region to be removed.
6. do u think , throwing cages/barrel is a little weird?

Level 4
Your review sucks,
2.)please you could of explained how to fix the blocking with triggers and not just explained it, i'd rather have it to auto sell the tower instead of killing it.
3.)It's 10 units each 7 seconds with a break, will add a units in map thing or something.
4.)Read what i wrote. -.-
5.)Think about, they teleport down, then they would get removed if any leaked.
6.)Read the Towers description.
Thanks for the other bugs though.

Last edited:
Level 28
Thanks for the other bugs though, dont review again and uninstall warcraft 3, thanks. (Unless you can re-do the review better.
You already have -17 rep... seriously, edit the post yourself this time and don't be rude against people who are just trying to review your map.
Not every review will be an awesome one, keep in mind that some people just don't have enough time for that, or just can't be bothered to do so.

Review:

Triggers:

The triggering is poorly done, you didn't remove leaks (the reason why it lags!), the triggers are pretty basic.
The pathing system is done in a very bad way: it creates a lot of lag and requires loads of triggers just to get the correct movement.
The countdown timer is bad: it gives time in 0.001 seconds, while it checks the time every second (creating something stupid, as you can see) - change that (I believe I have given you the timer-map... Five Tower Defence, it clearly says what you have to do for that).
For a few systems you requested, check below.

- Rating: 1/5

Objects:

Apparantly you do not know the damage formula (see below).
Though the description looks quite good (only the yellow color code bothers me, it's fine for the rest), the stats weren't correct (at least the damage wasn't).
At the moment, there is only 1 tower (with 2 upgrades), which goes against the map rules: "All maps must be close enough to completion to allow for a good experience by the player" (one tower with 2 upgrades is not even close to completion and does not allow a good experience).
The builder still has the unsummon/sacrifice-ability, remove those.
The Elder Loger doesn't have splash (Reason: Weapon Type = Missile) and if it did, it would deal 600% damage to everyone within 107 AoE.

Terrain:

The terrain is bad... there is nearly no tile variation, the leaves-tileset does not fit well in the map and it doesn't look good with Abyss.
At some points, the Abyss seemed randomly places (e.g.: near Red's starting location).
There is nothing to smoothen up the terrain, nothing to make it look better.

General:

The gameplay isn't orginal, but it's a TD, so I won't say too much about it. (e.g.: in my - pretty old - TD, you have the option to change builders as he levels, so this is basically less good, since you can change builders whenever you like).
There are some typo's (e.g.: "enemeys" should be "enemies").
I don't like the loading screen for a couple of reasons: 1) the lay-out looks a bit messy, 2) nearly everything that it says is not true.
The description on the hive could be a lot better, use BB-codes, create some kind of general overview, don't just mass a few things together.
No description in-game.

Overall:

Bad, incomplete map.
Every aspect of it is either not done, or just plain bad...
There are currently 3 towers, a bad terrain, some basic triggers and that's it.

Block-Triggers:

Create an invisible unit which follows the pathing of the buildings.
Every X seconds, spawn this unit and when he stops, sell every building within 130 AoE of the unit.
Afterwards, make him run to the end again.

In triggers:

• Anti Block
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Dummy Runner
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Random unit from (Units within 130.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)))) to Orc Blademaster - Wind Walk
      • For each (Integer I) from 1 to 5, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (PlayerArea[I] contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Set TempLoc[6] = (Center of EndRegion[I])
              • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To TempLoc[6]
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc[6])
            • Else - Actions

The PlayerArea[X] is the region in which a player can build.
The EndRegion[X] is the region where the creeps should run to.

Orc Blademaster - Wind Walk is the sell-command for the buildings, I have done it like this so selling takes no time at all and multiple buildings can sell at the same time.
Most TD's either take time to sell, or/and they can't sell multiple buildings at the same time (which I don't like).

Do not forget to add this action in the trigger that checks when a creep has made it to the end:

• Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Dummy Runner
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Remove (Entering unit) from the game
        • Skip remaining actions
      • Else - Actions

Kick/Leave-triggers:

• Init
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Color[1] = blue
      • Set Color[2] = teal
      • Set Color[3] = purple
      • Set Color[4] = yellow
      • Set Color[5] = orange
      • Set Color[6] = green
This sets up the colors... obviously (it's best to merge this with an already existing map init trigger)

• Kick
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -kick as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer i) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (String((Entered chat string)) as Lower case) Equal to (-kick + Color[i])
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Defeat (Player((i + 1))) with the message: You have been kicked
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 7.00 seconds the text: (|c00444488 + ((Name of (Player((i + 1)))) + |r has been kicked))
              • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (1 + i)) to |c00666666[Kicked]|r
              • Set PlayerLeft[i] = True
            • Else - Actions
And this is the kick-trigger, if the message is -kick + (color defined in map init), then the player matching that color will be kicked.
Easy and efficient...

• Player Leaves
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) leaves the game
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 12.00 seconds the text: (((|c00005599 + (Name of (Triggering player))) + |r has Left the game.) + <Empty String>)
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (1 + (Player Number of (Triggering Player))) to |c00666666[Left]|r
      • Set PlayerLeft[(Player Number of (Triggering Player))] = True
In your spawn-trigger:

• Actions
      • If - Conditions
        • PlayerLeft[X] = False
      • Then - Actions
        • Spawn Units
      • Else - Actions
It's best to do this with a loop... makes it easier ;)

Damage Formula

You can see 3 damage data:
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Base (A)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Number of Dice (B)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Sides per Die (C)
I have given letters to each data, to make it look a bit better.
The rough formula is:
(A+B)-(A + (B * C))​
Of course, nobody feels like doing this every time...

The first number of the damage is very simple, let's say we want 50-60 damage.
The first number is 50, so we need to create 50...
A = 49
B = 1
49 + 1 = 50​
Everyone agrees with me here I hope.
Now the second damage, we have already defined A and B, so the only thing left is C.

I have made it really simple for us, since I've made B = 1.
The formula now says:
50-(A + (1 * C))
OR
50-(a + c)​
Very simple: 49 + 11 = 60, so C needs to be 11...

Overview:
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Base (49)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Number of Dice (1)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Sides per Die (11)
With this we have 50-60 damage.

To get simple damages, like 50-50, 45-45, 100-100, etc...
You just need to set A = (damage - 1) and B and C = 1.
Then you get something like:
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Base (49)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Number of Dice (1)
  • Combat - Attack X - Damage Sides per Die (1)
Which gives 50-50 damage.

That's all there is to it, to make it easy for yourself: try to set B=1 as much as possible.
I don't do it myself, but that's because my math isn't bad...