• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
not bad, a bit too empty though. the spring looks unnatural, same goes for the light.
all in all, needs more work, but good as a first terrain, especially if used as a part of the forest or smth (more trees around = not so empty = better)

Level 4
Thanks a lot for the help. I will try to improve on this and post hopefully a better version of this soon!

P.S. +Rep for the help

Level 4
You can see the sun in the background and still the sunrays come from above. End of the world (border of the map) should be somehow hidden in terrains, and that crystal does not seem to fit in at all. And you need more doodads to make it interesting.

Level 10
It seems like you just placed doodads there and there, and that`s not good.Also, you should remove waves and add UTM water doodad instead of basic water. It looks little empty also. And yes, like others said, it`s unnatural. But OK for first.

Level 6
Oh well theres alot to do, honstly i saw better first ones. But i cant really remember how i terrained in my roc times. But hey we didnt knewd all these neat tricks and had all those nice pics to get inspiration from :p

Anyway lets see how i can help you improving it.

First of all try to place this fountain more middlish or put some hills trees whatever behind it. The end of the world isnt nice.

Add some rocks on the fountain, and maybe by the river. Finally on the small lake you can add some too.
To much tree variation, really go out for a while in a forest, and tell me that you can find so many different trees in the same forest. Ofcourse theyre kinda different but they look almost the same in the end.
(Also going out on a walk is sometimes the best you can do inspiration wise)

If you insist keeping the crystal put it in the fountain, ya know some magic crystal making the water magically.

Dont make the hill look like boobs, add some more heigth variation, and maybe under the river some rock tile.

Put the statue with the ruins part on the right, spam some more ruin doodads and finally fill up the right with some more trees. If you like put some green stuff in the fountain, dunno how those things called floating on the water. Sea Rose Petals? Something like that.

Maybe add a path of dirt near the fountain, so it looks like people come there from time to time. (Also because of the statue)

Level 4
Thanks everyone greatly! I am working on a much better version and i am hoping to release it to all of you guys soon! I have taken great consideration to all of your comments and you guys have been more than helpful.

I have put my most recent screen shot. I have done a lot and made a lot of changes. Also you don't see the end of the world :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.