• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First need ideas for game play from terrain:)

Do you want me to do this :P

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need game ideas for terrain and recruitments;)

I have come here with a new project here today and will need your ideas.
The reason why it is only terrain is because I want the ideas from the public to hopefully get a better idea of what the people here on the hive want out of my style of terrain(mainly Ashenvale tile set!).:wink:

updated to .1 beta

189198-albums4655-picture45645.jpg

189198-albums4655-picture45646.jpg

189198-albums4655-picture45647.jpg

189198-albums4655-picture45648.jpg

189198-albums4655-picture45649.jpg

189198-albums4655-picture45650.jpg

189198-albums4655-picture45651.jpg

If you want to be apart of this project and just want to help, I mainly want help with creating units but I know how to do triggering in GUI only at the moment so if you can do a better job with jazzy like triggering your welcome here as well:thumbs_up:

Anyway here's the map and will like your ideas and opinion.
Remember everyone here is welcome that is a help :thumbs_up:

Sinsearily yourse:DeathChef

Attachments

• Ashenvale Forest Lake .1 beta.w3x
    91.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 8
Well, I see you've used normal blizzard cliffs, which is a big no no... Unless you really know what you're doing, don't use 'em.
Terrain somewhat good.... But some new trees and some other stuffs need to be improved, smooth it out a bit.. :D Good map, What's it about? Looks like a Hero arena map, But maybe you can do a three team AoS.

Well, I see you've used normal blizzard cliffs, which is a big no no... Unless you really know what you're doing, don't use 'em.
Don't underestimate them. You should only ever go for the raise tool because of aesthetics. Blizz cliffs are much more useful in strategy maps (being able to block vision and is easier to terrain), though for RPGs and such, it is not needed.

Level 8
Don't underestimate them. You should only ever go for the raise tool because of aesthetics. Blizz cliffs are much more useful in strategy maps (being able to block vision and is easier to terrain), though for RPGs and such, it is not needed.

You can always block the vision by using Line of Sight Blocker *ahem*
But if you can really make 'em work then it's really cool.. However I saw the map. Somewhat flat.. :(

I used blizzard cliffs because I want some kind of strategy map:p. But I will like ideas of the public so I can then produce map I know people will like. I know that the terrain isn't exactly pretty but its not ment to and is meant to suit a map remember not some piece beautiful colorful art. And also I think a with this kind of terrain, I think its near the best its gonna get :p. Remember if anyone comes up with a great original idea it can become a real project if then so the ideas desent enough to go on with. If necessary I can go on with my other projects during this one. so thx :)

edit: lol to carry on the argument about terrain cliffs by lowering and raising hights you can make it visible on top of a cliff and not on the bottom by removing and adding visibility blockers by triggers, so now I win?

Just as I think I before I uploaded this map for "help" and ideas from the public for hopefully a great and original map that the public does like. It appears that this map is going to become a hero arena of some kind but before I start the special triggering and unit creating I first need a clear idea of what the public would like.
All the best yours sinsearly:DeathChef

Level 27
Blizzard cliffs look good with Blizzard style of terraining, they're easier to make and use. If you seek more realistic or just more beautyful look of terrain, use raise tool.

Now about the map, I recommend using this for some kind of survival... I mean, it's a forest with trees and stuff, no signs of civilisation...
Oh, you could also use it for some Builder map, too, though it's a bit tight for that...

Level 8
Could be a massive secret or treasure in the middle, and two forces raced to get to the middle. The first force in the northwest and the second force in the northeast.
On the way to the middle they have to buy units that automaticly charge against the evil forces defending this treasure. The attacking forces get help from a hero you can controll etc.

Ofc this needs a lot more thought :p

Level 9
wow cool i like the oldschool blizard cliffs terrain =D

make a Citadel or throne in the middle...with massive hitpoints
then there are 2 sides both of them must destroy the throne who last hitted the throne

gets gold,lumber,etc other rewards u may like and finnaly 10000+ damage to all units then you can slaughter all your enemies :D

btw add some treasures too in the forest while players are training their units they can send few scouts to find treasure :D

win condition probably when the enemy players has no unit left o_0

just suggesting...hehe

dont forget to put some sea monsters...sharks,possesed dolphin etc

Last edited:
haha great ideas I might of nether thought of something like that and I recon if the game is gona be something like the suggestions the building to be destroyed in the middle the heroes will obviously have pillage:p. Also lol at possessed sea monsters I'm not sure if I'm gona do that because I want the lake to be walkable haha:D. thx for replies I've already got more than I expected so keep up the good ideas:D

Just currently modifying the terrain to suit the map style of what It's gonna be. But haven't put much time in it :p. I need to know what kind of heroes are gonna be added, like is it gonna be a fight between the night elves and the humans, an all arounder, human against human or something? This may effect what the game is gonna be like. Get what I mean?

Level 30
Ashenvale Terrain are a Die For! [not referring to dota], but not just because of the terrain's image, but the true colors as well, I believe you can do it DeathChef, just don't give up on what your doi--- btw, what kind of game are making? >:))

since its so good looking I suggest a hero arena, a nature battle theme :D

Just currently as said modifying the terrain to suit a hero arena but a part of it isn't doing what I want. Meh it maybe fixed and might change more of the terrain for a bit more strategy.I recon there it will be a human vs night elf hero arena or just night elf . Any way my ashenvale terraining skills are just getting better and I like to experiment;D. Also Dotas tile-set is felwood ;D and I even think that dotas terrain can do a bit of improvment itself.

Level 19
Well I have an idea, but maybe you could use them if you abandon the idea.
1. A forest shooter. Maybe you use the rifleman then you fight those creeps. Like a hunter vs. hunted map. Hunters try to kill the hunted while the hunted try to defend themselves and kill the hunters and destroy their camp/s.
2. A map called "Creeps gone Wild". In this map, you battle creeps and ward them off the forest. You are using maybe night elves, forest human tribes, other forest creeps or something else. Waves of creeps come then you defend until all of the creeps die. You lose when the camp dies.
3. Based on aider's idea. The goal is basically to gaurd the tree or some sort of valuable item in the middle of the map. In the beginning you have 3 buildings spawned on each islands. You are given an amount of time to prepare. In that building, you train units. You are allowed to train two heroes. When the timer starts, a bunch of bandits or maybe creatures, or maybe creeps or all of them combined spawn and try to destroy, rob the object. The nice thing here is that when a creature reaches the item, they stay there and try to rob the object. The cool thing is that you can still attack them while trying to steal it. When they stay there for around 1 minute or 2 minutes, they will be able to get the artifact. Then go and try to escape with it. And you can still attack them. When they die, they drop it. You need to pick up the item before 30 seconds or more so it wont be "corrupted". When you get it, you need to put it back.
Ill think of more.

Level 5
Hm, if its gna be hero arena do it night elves vs orcs, warsong gulch. Keep elf area the style current terrain is and the closer you get to the orc side the more cut the trees are and more barren the ground gets(grass to the barrens style grass to dirt).

I think I have enough ideas of what is gonna be best for this map but the more ideas the better, and is also good considering i haven't done a thing other than the terrain:p[/quote] rephrase that I need as much ideas as possible xD.

Any way that should be a better idea than Human and would be easier than making human heroes. It will be put to mind:p.

Level 19
Or Fel Orcs. Hero Ideas:
1. Jailor Kassan - Jailor Kassan was said to have been locked in the Dalaran Prison. But the (organization name who wants the forest destroyed) told him that he would be freed if he would fight for them. Jailor Kassan is adept at killing heroes one on one. Strength based hero.
Skills:
- Defensive Stance - Defend Ability but can bounce back damage to enemy.
- Strike of the Outlaw - Jailor Kassan slices the enemy target with great force, stunning them and knocking them back for x seconds.
- Adaption - Because of Jailor Kassan's experience being a fugitive, he can easily blend in. This allows him to not be spotted when there are no nearby enemy heroes.
- Rage - Jailor Kassan makes all his stats, attack damage, armor doubled.

Status
Not open for further replies.