• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Fire Orb Attack Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to make the fire orb ability gives the holding unit a ranged attack that can target ground units, too. Usually it targets air units only, but when I change the 2nd attack to allow it to target ground units, it still uses the ele attack. How can I change this?

Level 2
Im not a 100% that this will work but im pretty sure it will... make the unit have one attack deactivated like you do but make a custom ability, i would use "Item Attack Fire Bonus", its the easiest, and tie it to the item that you want. The Item Ability has whats called "Data - Enabled Attack Index: 2". Set This to The Attack that you want enabled to attack ground and also change the Damage Bonus to whatever you want. Also the AOE and Projectile Art. I Hope this works for you.

Level 3
tried that and no luck, sorry. I even gave the archmage a second mele attack and used the items to switch between attack types, melee or ranged, and no matter what he always moved to mele range to attack. I'll probably just make spell and melee two different types of heros.

Status
Not open for further replies.