• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fire Jump

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Thanathos
Well...this is my very first spell... it's quite simple and I don't really expect that someone will use it^^ Anyway I'm uploading it to let people say what's wrong with it and say how to make it better. I just started creating trigger spells so probably I won't understand most comments "How-to-make-it-better";P Please explain everything step by step if You want to give me some hints;>

That spell makes the hero blink to a place and deal aoe dmg. It is recomended to use Lava Spawn for this spell because of "missile" look.

Keywords:
Fire, Jump, Blink, Teleport, AOE
Contents

Spells (Map)

Reviews
16:19, 24th Aug 2009 hvo-busterkomo: Rejected for the lack of an in-game screenshot. The_Reborn_Devil: This spell is too simple. Rejected.

M

16:19, 24th Aug 2009
hvo-busterkomo: Rejected for the lack of an in-game screenshot.

The_Reborn_Devil: This spell is too simple. Rejected.

Level 9
Ehh screenshot plz and 160kb ? I smell imports....
The Description said:
Anyway I'm uploading it to let people say what's wrong with it and say how to make it better.
The spells section is only for completed work, if you want feed back then go to Triggers and Scripts forums or ask some people via PM if they can take a view at your spell...

Last edited:
Level 3
Ahhh yeah... 1. I was "playin" with modding and i imported few models for fun, they are not needed here tho, will delete in a sec. 2. Well This spell is kinda done... but hints and tips will be usefull always o_O 3. I gave screenshot... dunno why its not working^^

Level 3
Umm... This spell is based on blink spell. For me he jumps excatly to place that i choose. Maybe it's becouse You tried it on enemy units, he just can't jump on them so he tries to find the closest gap and becouse of that its range is changing.

Level 9
Okay as far as i can see the spell is leakless but not MUI. For a first spell it is fairly done... To prevent the bug make it an ability which is not based on blink (try shockwave or channel or something). Then disable the casters pathing and move him manually to the target location. When move enable the pathing again
About the screenshot thing...hmmm dunno ask a mod or someting.

~TNT

Level 14
Spell can be done in 2 triggers.
You use the same event twice.

• Fire Unhide
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Fire Jump
    • Actions
      • Set FE_Hero = (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Unhide FE_Hero
Simply Unhide the hero in this trigger.
  • Fire Jump
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Fire Jump
    • Actions
      • Set FE_AOE = 300.00
      • Set FE_DMG = 200.00
      • Set FE_Hero = (Casting unit)
      • Set FE_Point[0] = (Position of FE_Hero)
      • Set FE_Group = (Units within FE_AOE of FE_Point[0] matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to (!=) (Owner of FE_Hero)))
      • Unit - Unhide FE_Hero
        • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 1, do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Special Effect - Create a special effect at FE_Point[0] using Abilities\Spells\Other\Doom\DoomDeath.mdl
            • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer B) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Set FE_Point[1] = (FE_Point[0] offset by 120.00 towards (30.00 x (Real((Integer B)))) degrees)
                  • Set FE_Point[2] = (FE_Point[0] offset by 280.00 towards (30.00 x (Real((Integer B)))) degrees)
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at FE_Point[1] using Abilities\Weapons\RedDragonBreath\RedDragonMissile.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at FE_Point[2] using Abilities\Weapons\RedDragonBreath\RedDragonMissile.mdl
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FE_Point[1])
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FE_Point[2])
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in FE_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause FE_Hero to damage (Picked unit), dealing FE_DMG damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FE_Point[0])
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_FE_Group)
Also why do you use
  • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 1, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at FE_Point[0] using Abilities\Spells\Other\Doom\DoomDeath.mdl
Its completely unnecessarily. "For each integer from 1 to 1". Simply do this:
You should add this action, to select the unit when the spell is done.
  • Selection - Select FE_Hero for (Owner of FE_Hero)
Its ok for your first spell i guess. But you should learn how to make spells MUI since
Submissions must be bugless, leakless, lagless on a computer that runs Warcraft III smoothly, and fully multiinstanceable