• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Final Fantasy XIII to come to Xbox 360!

Should a Final Fantasy game be on the Xbox 360?

• Yes! This way, more people will come to enjoy the games,

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • FF only belongs on a Sony console.

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • I really don't care.

Votes: 27 40.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fanboys are fanboys and they will always be, no matter the console.

There are always morons. The PS3 fanboys just didn't have as much exclusives until now, so their arguments felt increasingly annoying.

The thing is this time, they're really damn stupid. The game still comes out on the PS3, so there's no point in crying. They're just jealous because the people they,ve hated for the past 5 years get to play their games too. Which is incredibly stupid.

Level 34
I would like to see the PS3 start to do well. Sony did such an amazing job with the PS2, and for whatever reason, got the best titles (imo).

I'm sad I can't play Rachet and Clank, and if Naughty Dog makes anything, I'll be sad if they go with the PS3. But the biggest loss is God of War. If the PS3 came down in price, I'd be tempted to get it for God of War (among some other stuff, but GoW mostly). Man, even saying God of War is awesome; hell, typing it is.

Level 17
Rachet and Clank was fun, I've owned all the titles but I feel that any continuation in the series unless it provides a HUGE innovation in gameplay is just plain old tried Rachet and clank. Fun, but old..

If Naughty Dog ever continues the "Jak" series, I'd get a Ps3 in an instant.

Jak 2,3. Best fucking games to come out on any playstation. Ever.

Level 15
Gilles, Let me congradulate you for being a fellow GOD OF WAR lover! I'm so biased I think its the best game ever! Can't wait for GOD OF WAR 3. It reminds me of 300 spartans when you play it. It has everything a action/adventure game should have in it. Its just so win!

I got a PS3 because of FFXIII, MGS4, and GOD OF WAR. Also how could I betray the lifelong trust in the PS2? I just had to get the sequel.
PS3 has great games, and amazingly most of the great Xbox games are on PS3 too!! (Bioshock) yay!

I really hate how FFXIII is going to Xbox. Ever since I was a little kid and played my first FF it was on Sonys system. It's like betraying a tradition. Thats why GOD OF WAR and FFXIII should stay with Sony. FFXIII staying with Sony would probably get more sales, as many people would buy a PS3 just for the purpose of FFXIII.

FFXII was the best FF in my opinion. Its the change from turn-based to real time that they needed. Continuing in this direction would be amazingly awesome. Image how Godly a complete real time Final Fantasy would be on the next gen systems!

Level 17
Buddy. When you were just a little n00blet, the first Final Fantasy games came out on Nintendo. Square Enix senses a shift in the winds, and they wanna go where they going's good.

He meant HIS first final fantasy on the first sony system...

That shift in the winds is the loud mouth of sony haters... (Not 360 fanboys, Sony Haters)

Level 34

That shift in the winds is the loud mouth of sony haters... (Not 360 fanboys, Sony Haters)
See, if you left out the second sentence, you would have a good sensible post (brad was wrong there, he did say "my first"). But you added that extra bit that wasn't necessary at all.

Get over it, 360 is doing better than the PS3 regardless to which is "better". Be happy with the system you have, and leave the bitching to other people.

Level 17
I don't get why people hate this, people who own a 360 and not a PS3 get to have fun if they like the Final Fantasy series.

What the fuck is wrong with that?

Besides, the 360 usually attracts more of the "Hardcore" fanbase, so I doubt it will sell more than the Ps3 version since less of the fanbase are on 360.

Level 17
Get over it, 360 is doing better than the PS3 regardless to which is "better". Be happy with the system you have, and leave the bitching to other people.

Well, duh, I know that, but there are just some people who says that the PS3 sucks balls that it shouldn't even be in the console wars...

I say nay!

Oh and I've seen that... Got bored...

Level 25
Well, duh, I know that, but there are just some people who says that the PS3 sucks balls that it shouldn't even be in the console wars...

It should be in the console war!

Now, it MAY end up with the same fate as Sega and end up collapsing because, even though its a powerful system, people aren't interested in it, but it has a place in the war

Level 17
It should be in the console war!

Now, it MAY end up with the same fate as Sega and end up collapsing because, even though its a powerful system, people aren't interested in it, but it has a place in the war

There are enough people to support Sony's Playstation corp.

I don't think it will end up like Sega because it has WAY much more confidence and money to live...

And it will never end up like Atari where they will have to declare bankruptcy just because of a overproduced game...

Level 25
And it will never end up like Atari where they will have to declare bankruptcy just because of a overproduced game...

That isn't why they declared bankruptcy

See, back in Atari's day games were far from what they were now. It was a combination of Atari's shit video games, plus consumers losing interest in paying for that shit, plus stores losing interest in stocking the wastes of shelf space, along with seeing them as just a phase, that led to it

Level 17
That isn't why they declared bankruptcy

See, back in Atari's day games were far from what they were now. It was a combination of Atari's shit video games, plus consumers losing interest in paying for that shit, plus stores losing interest in stocking the wastes of shelf space, along with seeing them as just a phase, that led to it

I heard in all things that it is the reason why they declared bankruptcy...

Level 25
How did you know it wasn't that game that made them bankrupt but that?

Or is it just because you're more against me?

They may have overproduced that one particular game, but let's face facts

Atari was churning out shit and expecting people to shovel it up. People weren't interested, and NOTHING of theirs sold. It wasn't a sudden thing, it had been building up over years. ET was just the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak

It wasn't one reason, it was many reasons. I highly recommend you read something about the topic rather than just assume things

Level 34
Oh I dunno. Dick Tracy, the Zelda games for that unheard of system, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre looked pretty awful. Oh and Ghost Busters.

Level 15
Buddy. When you were just a little n00blet, the first Final Fantasy games came out on Nintendo. Square Enix senses a shift in the winds, and they wanna go where they going's good.

aha! little nOOblet thats funny. Anyway the first FF I played was FF7 on PS.
I can understand what your saying about going where the money is. Its my personal opinion that they shouldn't thats all.

Level 6
It's just Square is trying to make more money thats all I see from this.

If they can make it on both the Xbox360 and PS3, so what? Why not, might as well.

Looking at the poll results(and that gamefaq screenshot post), I think it's silly that people are complaining and bashing Square because of this.

If they can make it on both the Xbox360 and PS3, so what? Why not, might as well.

It's not like they "promised" and said they'd cut their heads off if they ever make Final Fantasy 13 multiplatform (AKA, Shinji Mikami who said EXACTLY that when they said Resident Evil 4 will be exclusive only on the Gamecube... only to release it on the PS2 a year later).

Anyway, if you bought a PS3 because you thought FF13 was going to be exclusive, that's too bad.

There's still plenty of good games on the PS3, and it'll be probably be likely that FF14 and FF15 will be developed on the PS3, maybe exclusively too(The PS3 is probably going to have a long long long really long shelf life.).

Read his post again
I really hate how FFXIII is going to Xbox. Ever since I was a little kid and played my first FF it was on Sonys system. It's like betraying a tradition. Thats why GOD OF WAR and FFXIII should stay with Sony.

Notice he said "betraying a tradition." Problem with that statement is, Square IS STICKING TO THEIR TRADITION, not betraying it.

Square went from Nintendo to Sony(in terms of their main FF franchise), to selling FF games both on the Nintendo(Such as FF4 DS) and Sony systems currently.

Basically, Square has always been "multiplatform" type company. They never stuck to any single console, they simply sell games on every console. Square's tradition is "make games on all platform". Which means they're not betraying their tradition but keeping it going.

I say nay!

Oh and I've seen that... Got bored...

Agreed, the PS3 doesn't suck. A console is kind of bad would be the Gamewave or the Hyperscan, both "7th generation console"(yes, it's not just Xbox360, Wii, and PS3, there are "other" consoles out there in 7th gen).

Also the, Vii, it looks like the Wii, it sounds like the Wii, it's a cheap cash in of the Wii.

Level 15
Ok just to enlighten your day I don't care if it goes to xbox anymore. As long as its for BOTH systems its fine. Your posts make good arguments. I thought for sure brad would flame me with somthing like this:

"We don't come here to listen to your personal fucking opinions"

I don't like how brad is quick to flame though. And how people pick apart everything you say sentence by sentence. Want proof just look around the games forums its everywhere.

Level 36
I don't quote everything you say and systematically destroy it when I can find some flaw in your overall argument. If you're wrong, I'll enlighten you as to why I'm right.

I'm hear to listen to your personal opinion. If you're wrong though, as in factually wrong, I'll set you straight, however.

Level 17
In the they are not going to profit as much from the Xbox 360 fan base as they do with the Playstation fan base. Different people own different consoles for a reason, and the Xbox 360 crowd is hardcore.

And for fucks sake, when is the Final Fantasy series going to fucking end?

Level 15
Yea your right. BUT! What if someone came here and said Xbox sucks! You might go a little to far on cutting them down.

Time to pull out the quotation weapon.
You got it. We've all concluded that Resistance 2 blows and that the Sony Playstation 3 is a piece of shit with no sales or purpose.
See! You said right there that the ps3 is a piece of shit! Its a very capable machine and does its purpose of playing games quite well. I never had any problems with it.

Wii does suck though for good reasons. Wii is for OLD people and little kids.

Last edited:
Level 36
No, the Wii is a far better console, actually. It reaches a much broader market base than the PS3 (Nintendo targets everyone), it sells better, the console itself has inferior hardware, but it more than makes up for it with the abundance of classic titles.

The PS3 has no classic titles, making it a sexy looking cardboard box, for all intents and purposes.

Level 17
It's not really that, the PS3 doesn't know its place.

See, the Xbox 360 clearly targets the Hardcore market. The Wii targets a more family wide and casual audience.

The Playstation 3 is stuck some where in between, it has no clue which way to go. It divides its self between the Casual and Hardcore market.

So you have the Xbox 360 which is High hardcore, low casaul.

Wii, Low hardcore, high casual.

The playstation 3 is just Average Hardcore, Average casual titles. It does not excell in either fanbase, so its outclassed by both consoles.

Level 34
You guys are arguing on two very different terms. brad is talking about the quality of games, and overall, and other people are arguing about the system specs. Have fun with that. :p

Level 34
It's not really an argument. :D Just blabing nonsense.

Thats nice in the business sense of things, but lets talk about personal taste.
Do you like Wii? I thought the Wii was targeting older people and little kids, is that true? All the games I've seen advertised for it look kiddy and not very appealing.
Of course it's true, everyone knows that. Why even talk about the Wii? It sucks and that's fact (I take it anyone who is discussing video games on a wc3 modding site is a pretty hardcore gamer and does not like the Wii). For gaming, it's PS3 or 360. Most people go with 360 because of the games, and PS fans are pretty much the only people buying the 360. I don't think there's a single person that liked the x-box more than the PS2 who moved over to the PS3. I even said I'd get a PS3 until I saw the prices. PS3 is a better performing console that is starting to get some titles for it. It should start to do better.

Level 17
Replace PS3 with Xbox 360, and then stuff the PS3 somewhere in between the Xbox 360 and the Wii.

The Irony of mentioning Little Big Planet and The PS3 is Hardcore in the same post is killing me.

And wtf is this Konami?

photo-x-$7022592$450.jpg

It's on the Konami site.

360 owners started pissing themselves, wondering if this really means MGS 4 is coming to the 360.

I don't know, wtf is this?

Level 36
Yeah, claiming the PS3 is hardcore and then mentioning LittleBigPlanet just make me fucking lol. You're so contradictory.

Go check out the Konami site. I'll die of MGS4 does come out on 360 I'll friggen die, just one less exclusive the PS3 fanboys have to wave around in our faces.

Level 17
Yeah, claiming the PS3 is hardcore and then mentioning LittleBigPlanet just make me fucking lol. You're so contradictory.

Go check out the Konami site. I'll die of MGS4 does come out on 360 I'll friggen die, just one less exclusive the PS3 fanboys have to wave around in our faces.

In "our" faces?

I thought you we're a PC fanboy

Edit

And I gotta admit, 360 is more of a hardcore gamer's console...

No wonder there are so many 360tards. (you're a pc fanboy right?, then I'm not pointing anything to you)

Status
Not open for further replies.