• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Final Fantasy VII Template v0.02b

This a Technical Demonstration/Template that can be used by anyone to create a Final Fantasy Map.

Map name

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Name of the creator(s)

FFVII_Valentine (US West)
Current stage of the map

Currently the map is a fully functional Technical Demonstration.

Summary of the map gameplay

-The map is to be turn based with an Active Time Bar (ATB) and contains many of the original magic/commands/summons etc obtained by equipping Materia to your Weapon/Clothing Materia slots.
-Play 1-player or team up with up to 4 other players.

-Still in very early stages! (very limited story line)

-An RPG In the Final Fantasy VII universe with some of the characters from the original PS1/PC game and set in a time soon after the completion of the original game.
-Bad guys (possibly Shinra) are forging materia together to make powerful 'dark' (or black) materia. The result could be very dangerous.
-Originally the people trying to stop the materia forging (rebels) come accross as the bad guys, but you soon join them and become rebels (or terrorists) simular to the group AVALANCHE.
Map features

Cloud Strife

Barret

Tifa Lockheart

Aeris

Nanaki (Red XIII)

Cid

Cait Sith

Vincent Valentine

Yuffie

Sephiroth

-Weapons
9 per character (90 total)

-Ultimate Weapons
1 per character (10 total)

-Clothing
10 available

-Accessories
Talisman of Evasion (15% chance to evade)

-Items
Items have a unique effects upon use.
Potion / High Potion / Mega Potion / XPotion
Ether / Turbo Ether / Elixir / Mega Elixir
Phoenix Down / Mega Phoenix
Grenade
Gysahl Greens

TIP: You can hold an unlimited amount of items (they are automatically stored and can be accessed during battle on the Battle Ability Menu)

Most materia is available with the expected functions, AP advancement and linking combinations. Materia functions much like a regular item but if you transfer the purchased Materia to one of your Materia Slot's inventory you are able to cast spells etc. You can own a total of 5 of each type of Materia.

-Equiping Materia
First of all make sure your hero has a weapon or clothing equipt that says that it unlucks materia slots eg.(Allows 4 Materia Slots). Buy materia from the materia shop. Then access the Materia Menu, then find the purchased Materia you wish to equip and follow the hot-key directions on screen.

-Linking Materia
Materia slots link 2 Materia together. Sometimes when you link 2 Materia together they can unlock additional Spells etc.

-Magic Materia
Barrier – Available
Comet – Available
Contain – Available (No status effects)
Destruct – Available
Earth – Available
Exit – Available
Fire – Available
Full Cure – Available
Gravity – Available
Heal – Available
Ice – Available
Lightning – Available
Master Magic - N/A
Mystify – Available
Poison – Available
Restore – Available
Revive – Available
Seal – Available
Shield – Incomplete
Time – Incomplete
Transform – Available
Ultima – Available

-Support Materia
All – Available
The other Support Materia is all N/A

-Summon Materia
Alexander – Available
Bahamut ZERO - Available
Bahamut - Available
Choco/Mog - Available
Hades – Available (No status effects)
Ifrit - Available
Kjata/Kujata - Available
Knights of the Round - Available
Leviathan - Available
Master Summon – N/A
Neo Bahamut - Available
Odin - Available
Phoenix - Available
Ramuh - Available
Shiva - Available
Titan - Available
Typoon/Typhoon/Chupo - Available

-Independent Materia
Chocobo Lure - N/A
Counter Attack – N/A
Cover – N/A
EXP. Plus - Available
Enemy Away – N/A
Enemy Lure – N/A
Gil Plus - Available
HP Plus - Available
HP<->MP – N/A
Long Range - Available
Luck Plus - Available
MP Plus - Available
Magic Plus - Available
Mega All - N/A
Pre-emptive - Available
Speed Plus - Available
Strength Plus - Available
Underwater – N/A

-Command Materia
Death Blow - Available
Double Cut - Available
Enemy Skill – N/A
Manipulate – N/A
Master Command – N/A
Mime – N/A
Morth - Available
Sense – N/A
Slash-All - Available
Steal - Available
Throw – N/A
W-Item – N/A
W-Magic N/A
W-Summon N/A

-Catching
Currently there are two chocobos (on the world map) which you can catch using the Gyashkl Green item which you can purchase from Chocobo Bill

-Breeding
Your Chocobo will need to be level 5 before it can cast Breed. The target chocobo does not need to be level 5. The casting chocobo determines the sex and has a factor in initial stats of the offspring.
Common + Common = Green
Green + Common = Blue
Blue + Green = Black
Black + Blue = Gold

-Racing
You can race your chocobos to gain items, gil and experience for your chocobo.
Teioh's black chocobo is the hardest to beat.
You can race in C, B, A, and S Class.
Credits

- This is a 100% not for profit project. I am making this purely for the love of the Final Fantasy franchise and to promote it to others.

- I do not claim any ideas and music of the Final Fantasy franchise and Square-Enix to be those of my own.

- Music Used: 'Final Fantasy VII Battle Theme' from the Original Soundtrack, by Nobuo Uematsu.

- Cloud & Sephiroth model by Kitabatake

- Barret model by Afronight_76

- Shana Model (Used for Yuffie) by Pichu

- Cid Model by Kingzachery

- Tifa Model by black_stan

- HeroMagoichiSaiga Model (Used for Vincent) by black_stan

- HeroMagoichiSaiga Model edited by pkw & Orochi

- Zack Model by Square Enix

- Zack Animations by Judash137

- All other models/terrain etc used are from Warcraft 3.

- Davster (Save/load system)

- Ryoko (Item charge trigger)

- Diehard@Azeroth (Weapon system, show damage and ability triggers)

- ffonline (Materia information)

- FFVII_Valentine (Myself/Map Creator)
Reported Unfixed Bugs

-Some magic and summons are not dealing damage and/or are not having the desired effects.
Cheats

-type:
to level up your character and any chocobos you have caught by 1 level.
-type:
to receive 10000 free gil.
-type:
to kill your main character (dont worry they come back). This is useful in the event that anything becomes stuck during battle.
Version History

Latest Updates (Ver.0.02b):
-loading screen added
-compatibility with basic editor restored

Latest Updates (Ver.0.02a):
-battle menu now shows statuses
-multiboards now work correctly in multiplayer
-the materia equip menu now working quite well

Latest Updates (Ver.0.02):
-materia auto equip to help beginners
-all menus are now multiboards with increased detail
-ff7's button click used inplace of wc3's
-new hotkeys:
'W'-Up
'A'-Left
'S'-Down
'D'-Right
'F'-Ok
'R'-Back

Latest Updates (Ver.0.01a):
-units move to attack
-battle positions changed
-new models for Cloud, Vincent & Cid
-removed Tsunade model to reduce map size

Latest Updates (Ver.0.01):
-control 3 characters in 1 player mode
-new ability system
-new AI system
-new menu/interaction systems
-new battle system
-new materia system
-new equipment systems
-new icons added for all characters (Thanks Lukas2)
-new models for Cloud & Tifa
Keywords:
Final, Fantasy, VII, 7, RPG, ATB, Turn, Based, Cloud, Barret, Sephiroth, Tifa, Aerith, Vincent, Cid, Nanaki, Red, XIII, Cait Sith, Yuffie, AVALANCHE
Contents

Final Fantasy VII Template v0.02b (Map)

Reviews
01:07, 7th Jul 2009 Linaze: We don't accept un-finished maps. 14:04, 11th Aug 2009 ap0calypse: Approved This is the best FF-Template I've seen so far, it's very close to the original one. Approved.
Level 12
I included him as a playable character in this map because the excellent model exists and I am sure a lot of people will enjoy the opertunity to play as him, but if I was making a full fledged map he would most likely be removed as a playable character and instead used as a boss.

guess that makes sense, even tho if he would be playable for all the time, he would pretty much kill everyone in sight just like that.

Level 4
this is bad can anyone help me i save this map.. in my wc3 maps i download it i go in wc23 but this map is not showing in my wc3 maps in game.. what to do?? i want play this map ;9 but how if map not showing in game wc3 maps..help plz

Level 30
this is bad can anyone help me i save this map.. in my wc3 maps i download it i go in wc23 but this map is not showing in my wc3 maps in game.. what to do?? i want play this map ;9 but how if map not showing in game wc3 maps..help plz

Normally, if you import if you've had the map folder open in warcraft, the list wont refresh :p

You probably just need to restart warcraft III :D

Level 5
TheHunterKiller: Awesome map, keep working!
Thanks very much :) So glad you like it!

mare: guess that makes sense, even tho if he would be playable for all the time, he would pretty much kill everyone in sight just like that.
Haha, I had another guy say the same thing so I made a video response on youtube showing just that:

delyte: this is bad can anyone help me i save this map.. in my wc3 maps i download it i go in wc23 but this map is not showing in my wc3 maps in game.. what to do?? i want play this map ;9 but how if map not showing in game wc3 maps..help plz
CloudWolf: Normally, if you import if you've had the map folder open in warcraft, the list wont refresh :p
You probably just need to restart warcraft III :D
Thanks for helping out CloudWolf, I can also add that you should make sure you didn't re-name the file to more than 28 characters in length.
Hope this all helped. Let us know if you still have problems.

Level 12
Now that you mentioned the 28 characters limit, i had that problem (but i knew the problem).

One thing about the map: does it have Haste or anything to speed up the action bar? because it goes sooo slooooow D:
Nevertheless, its kickass! Oh and one more thing - why doesnt the music change from battle music to end of battle music when you beat the foes? Its kinda annoying :| (imo)

Level 5
mare: One thing about the map: does it have Haste or anything to speed up the action bar? because it goes sooo slooooow D:
If you equip the Magic Materia: 'Time'; the first spell that is unlocked is: 'Haste'.
Another note: Did you know in 1-player mode that you can use 3 characters? You are given full share control of player 2 and 3's wisps; allowing you to select 2 additional characters. When you are using 3 characters at once the time bar doesn't seem as slow because you have more to do.
Your speed stat also increases when you level up and you can also equip the Independent Materia: 'Speed Plus'.

mare: Nevertheless, its kickass! Oh and one more thing - why doesnt the music change from battle music to end of battle music when you beat the foes? Its kinda annoying :| (imo)
So good to hear that you got to play it and like it.
The only reason is to keep the file size down. There is a lot more music that I would love to include.
I would also like a nice map image; I think it would help to attract Final Fantasy VII fans to the map when they see a picture of the FF banner or the characters etc.

Level 5
Well, to keep filesize down - i highly recommend NOT to add One Winged Angel to it.
Haha Yeah there are some long tracks.
Even the Victory Fanfare that you want me to include is 53 seconds because it also includes the music that plays when you see what items, gil, experience you recieved.
It would also be nice to include the Prelude (2min 50sec) music whilst the map is loading.
The Opening Theme~ Bombing Mission (3min 57sec) would be awsome to get the story going in the beginning, maybe part of an opening cinematic or something :)

Level 11
Lol the one winged angel metal version would be cool, but 6 minutes long and the size is about 5.5 MB big so compressing helps a lot lol.

I never did try your recent demo Vincent I'll give it a whirl and critic you after. (Game Critic remember that so I'm pointing the negatives cause it's simply fun to do.)

I feel sorry for you to live in Australia with the gouvernement and there limits on games allowed in Australia and the high price games+ Activision's dick move to boost up the price of COD MF2 (probably 90$ for the game alone now).

CRITIC TIME: Ok first of all let's talk about map protection, you decided to create a template map to help others, but yet you protected it, so there is a issue with that, unless they have to private message you the unprotected version of it.

During the game now, controlling other party members are fun but I would of used the numpad like the PC version to choose instead of W A S D F R, to get used to it. If you never played the PC version of it, it goes like this 2 goes down 8 goes up 4 goes left and 6 goes right. Enter is to well enter and 0 is the cancel button (or return page)

During combat, ATB is slow, maybe to slow... Sephiroth has no Limit Break which makes a sad face, cause seeing Super Nova would of been fun.

I haven't been far in to the demo only when passed the forest after killing the bandit lord that was it.

Materia, this is the part on how I describe the magic, summons and other materias. Right now I've tested 5 materias 1 of each type, cure, Hades, HP +, Steal, and forgot the last one I think it was counter attack anywho they work just fine.

Now for the music... I don't need to say a word about it cause it stick with the orginal soundtrack of the game (excluding most of the good ones, like Aerith's theme, Junon aka Hitler's theme, one winged angel but that could be skipped, Shinra Corporation, and others) But I can accept the excuse of this being 8 MB limit only for multiplayer and each MIDI file cost about 100 KB.

Last edited:
Level 5
Tau Empire: Game Critic remember that so I'm pointing the negatives cause it's simply fun to do.
All feed back is welcome; including negative, though I prefer advice, ideas and solutions to accompany the negatives. So that the feedback is more constructive (which you have done below, thankyou!).

Tau Empire:I feel sorry for you to live in Australia with the gouvernement and there limits on games allowed in Australia and the high price games+ Activision's dick move to boost up the price of COD MF2 (probably 90$ for the game alone now).
Yeah, with region locking we get the games later and are forced to pay a higher price. Games like Call Of Duty can sell for more than $120 brand new on XBox 360. Having said this, are piracy laws are much more fair; modchipping is legal here etc.

Tau Empire: Ok first of all let's talk about map protection, you decided to create a template map to help others, but yet you protected it, so there is a issue with that, unless they have to private message you the unprotected version of it.
I have never protected any map. I have never even downloaded a map protection program. I just checked; the map requires JassNewGen editor to open it because I am using a function from it 'IssueImmediateOrderBJ'. Thanks for alerting me to this (I had no idea); I understand a lot of people are just using the basic editor so I will try to make the map openable in the basic editor once again.

Edit: Changed all GUI 'IssueImmediateOrderBJ' references to custom text so now the map opens in the Basic Editor.

Tau Empire: During the game now, controlling other party members are fun but I would of used the numpad like the PC version to choose instead of W A S D F R, to get used to it. If you never played the PC version of it, it goes like this 2 goes down 8 goes up 4 goes left and 6 goes right. Enter is to well enter and 0 is the cancel button (or return page)
Thanks for letting me know the PC controls (no I haven't played the PC version). By default in WC3 some of the numkeys are used as hotkeys for items in a hero's inventory. To use items as direction hotkeys would obviously limit the number of items a hero can carry to 2. This is an interesting idea anyway, which I also have been considering.

Tau Empire: During combat, ATB is slow, maybe to slow...
I agree, after you get used to the game it feels slow. The reason for the slow down is that I think most people only play this map once and there is a steep learning curve; so slowing down the Active Time Bar helps beginners keep up. I just have to change 1 line of code to speed it up again, what do you think is a good starting amount, at the moment it's 20 seconds?

Also I had a simular question about this earlier; here is how I responded:
If you equip the Magic Materia: 'Time'; the first spell that is unlocked is: 'Haste'.
Another note: Did you know in 1-player mode that you can use 3 characters? You are given full share control of player 2 and 3's wisps; allowing you to select 2 additional characters. When you are using 3 characters at once the time bar doesn't seem as slow because you have more to do.
Your speed stat also increases when you level up and you can also equip the Independent Materia: 'Speed Plus'.​

Tau Empire: Sephiroth has no Limit Break which makes a sad face, cause seeing Super Nova would of been fun.
Sorry, no limit breaks have been made yet. I am not experienced at creating impressive abilities; I would need the help of someone else. The systems are all in place though, the abilities just need to be made.

Tau Empire: Materia, this is the part on how I describe the magic, summons and other materias. Right now I've tested 5 materias 1 of each type, cure, Hades, HP +, Steal, and forgot the last one I think it was counter attack anywho they work just fine.
Good to hear they worked, Summons like Hades can actually look quite cool, because if the initial damage doesn't kill the enemy he actually casts all the different statuses on the enemies as well.

Tau Empire: But I can accept the excuse of this being 8 MB limit only for multiplayer and each MIDI file cost about 100 KB.
Unfortunately WC3 is not compatible with MIDI sound files which are much smaller thank MP3 and WAV files that WC3 is compatible with otherwise I would include a lot more music. There is a workaround however where each person playing the map would have to download the MIDI files seperately as well and keep them in the same folder, but this is a lot of work.

Last edited:
Level 5
I am uploading a new playthrough video onto youtube as I write this post.

Nikslg:Hi Valentine
Its me Nikslg from WC3U i ask you again
You will add Genesis and Zack to pickable characters?
Once again thankyou for helping me by linking me to high quality models.
The map is not protected, you can add any characters you like.
If you don't know how to get them working in-game please import them into the map for me and put them into the character selection area then send me a copy and I'll set it up so they are selectable characters for you.

Level 6
Wow dude you commented on my map the FF7 demo thing i fixed alot of stuff and all and i had realized a long time ago i downloaded a map from epic war or somethin and got my icons from that and it looks alot like your map only not as finished i tried to play but never got arround to it

Level 5
Wow dude you commented on my map the FF7 demo thing i fixed alot of stuff and all and i had realized a long time ago i downloaded a map from epic war or somethin and got my icons from that and it looks alot like your map only not as finished i tried to play but never got arround to it

It was most probly an older version of my map or Final Fantasy VII V1.5(P) by Blood_Wraith. I uploaded a couple of versions on epic war last year.
Credits for the icons go to Lukas if they are from my map.

Good to hear you have played my newer version and you have allready updated your map since last upload :) has playing my map helped you in anyway at all?

All the best for your map, need any sort of help let me know.
A lot of people are excited about ff7 maps for wacraft 3 so theres a lot of support out there!

Level 4
I am uploading a new playthrough video onto youtube as I write this post.

Once again thankyou for helping me by linking me to high quality models.
The map is not protected, you can add any characters you like.
If you don't know how to get them working in-game please import them into the map for me and put them into the character selection area then send me a copy and I'll set it up so they are selectable characters for you.
Sorry i dont know how to do anything custom on map (im not mapmaker). I can only wait and help with searching :sad:
If you want i can send to you genesis skill pack
P.S. ZACK COMPLETED http://hiveworkshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=7830&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
P.S.S. This model cool for Cloud Advent Children model (because zack with this model at end of movie)

Last edited:
Level 6
I watched the video,and the map is really cool!
VERY nice work with multiboards and fight system!
I think it'll be really cool when it'll be finished.
Keep up the good work=)
5/5

Level 5
Nikslg: Sorry i dont know how to do anything custom on map (im not mapmaker). I can only wait and help with searching
If you want i can send to you genesis skill pack
P.S. ZACK COMPLETED http://hiveworkshop.com/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0
P.S.S. This model cool for Cloud Advent Children model (because zack with this model at end of movie)
Your link to the Zack model doesn't work unfortunately (it may have been automatically redirected if it's not on the hive), I will include Zack in the next major release if the model is good and not too large a file size.
The cactuar model is also very cool and low in size, I will try to include that too.

LexX: I watched the video,and the map is really cool!
VERY nice work with multiboards and fight system!
I think it'll be really cool when it'll be finished.
Keep up the good work=)
5/5
Awsome to hear you like the map and the video!
The videos are worth my time :)
Thanks for your encouragement, means a lot!

Level 6
Well, here is some feedback:
-You should do DISBTN icons for hero icons,because without them them become green when you pause the game(
-Have an ability effect for lightning (though didn't check if there was effect or not,checked on fire) (A pity don't remember whose model lightning is)
-Attached better icons for "Left" and "Right"
-Found a bug fighting spiders: one of them ran in a form of circle and didn't stop=)

Attachments

• Buttons.rar
    35.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Great Lightning.mdx
    23.4 KB · Views: 88
Level 5
Nikslg: Can i got special thanks credits in your map? :D
P.S. if yes add Nikslg "Aka" HeKutoC (i playing as HeKuToC on Battle net)
Thanks for your help, I'll see what I can do ;)

LexX: -You should do DISBTN icons for hero icons,because without them them become green when you pause the game
I didn't know that was what they were for. Thanks for the tip.
LexX:-Have an ability effect for lightning (though didn't check if there was effect or not,checked on fire) (A pity don't remember whose model lightning is)
Thanks for the lightning model. I am using basic blizzard abilities effects at the moment, but they often don't work the first time you cast the ability purhaps because the ability needs to be loaded first.
I just realised I need to re-add a unit with all the abilities available so that the abilities can be loaded at the start of the map.
LexX:-Attached better icons for "Left" and "Right"
Thankyou so much. I haven't been able to find arrow icons.
A complete set of Up, Down, Left and Right would also be awsome, but this is just fine for now!
LexX:-Found a bug fighting spiders: one of them ran in a form of circle and didn't stop=)
I am not sure how to fix this without removing all the unit's ability to move at all during battle.
It could be a limitation of the WC3 editor (I have found many) or purhaps it is to do with AI guard positions (though I have triggered AI guard positions to be ignoored at the start of the game).
Each unit should have it's ability to attack removed after attacking so I don't see why its trying to go back and attack.
When a unit is told to attack they are given an orb ability that enables the unit's secondary attack that can target enemy units (because the first attack cannot). After they attack this orb ability is removed.
It could be an error of mine I just haven't found yet.

Level 6
Thanks for your help, I'll see what I can do ;)

I didn't know that was what they were for. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the lightning model. I am using basic blizzard abilities effects at the moment, but they often don't work the first time you cast the ability purhaps because the ability needs to be loaded first.
I just realised I need to re-add a unit with all the abilities available so that the abilities can be loaded at the start of the map.

Thankyou so much. I haven't been able to find arrow icons.
A complete set of Up, Down, Left and Right would also be awsome, but this is just fine for now!

I am not sure how to fix this without removing all the unit's ability to move at all during battle.
It could be a limitation of the WC3 editor (I have found many) or purhaps it is to do with AI guard positions (though I have triggered AI guard positions to be ignoored at the start of the game).
Each unit should have it's ability to attack removed after attacking so I don't see why its trying to go back and attack.
When a unit is told to attack they are given an orb ability that enables the unit's secondary attack that can target enemy units (because the first attack cannot). After they attack this orb ability is removed.
It could be an error of mine I just haven't found yet.
Well,glad to be helpful:grin:
I just made arrow icons in a minute or so=)
Spiders were not going to attack, they were just going in a circle...Ah,you mean they got orders to attack and return every X seconds?
And maybe you should do like this(Addition to your system):
When they return(I took moving unit as triggering,and point name where it should return as X, just change it to what you need):
  • Wait until ((Distance between (Position of (Triggering Unit)) and (X) Less than or equal to (<=) 25.00{can make it more than 25.00, but not less}), checking every 0.50 seconds
  • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to 0.00
And when it is going to move:
  • Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Triggering unit))
May be this will fix the problem,but don't know exactly...

Last edited:
Level 5
LexX: When they return(I took moving unit as triggering,and point name where it should return as X, just change it to what you need):
May be this will fix the problem,but don't know exactly...

If you are interested her is what the code looks like:
(relevant lines are in Royal Blue)

Code:
Attack 8
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
        Player - Player 2 (Blue)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
        Player - Player 3 (Teal)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
        Player - Player 4 (Purple)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
        Player - Player 5 (Yellow)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
        Player - Player 6 (Orange)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
        Player - Player 7 (Green)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
        Player - Player 8 (Pink)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
        Player - Player 9 (Gray)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
        Player - Player 10 (Light Blue)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
        Player - Player 11 (Dark Green)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
        Player - Player 12 (Brown)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set integerIDAbilityCastPlayerArra[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = ((Triggering player) Available free Heroes)
        Player - Set (Triggering player) Available free Heroes to 2
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]        Unit - Set Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] movement speed to (Default movement speed of Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))])
        Unit - Add Attack Enabler to Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
         Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Player number of (Triggering player)) Less than (<) 6
            Then - Actions
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (Attacks|r |cfff5f5f5 + (Proper name of UnitTargetArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))])) above Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with Z offset 7.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
            Else - Actions
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (((Name of Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) + s|r |cfff5f5f5) + (Proper name of UnitTargetArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))])) above Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with Z offset 7.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 80.00 towards 90.00 degrees
        Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
        Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to zz_SpellTextTime seconds
        Wait 0.02 game-time seconds
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]        Unit - Order Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to Attack Once UnitTargetArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
        Wait 3.00 game-time seconds
        Set playersTurnBooleanArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = False
        Player - Set (Triggering player) Game result to 1
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]        Unit - Remove Attack Enabler from Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
        Wait 0.50 game-time seconds
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]        Unit - Order Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to Move To pointFightPositionArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
        Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
         Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]If - Conditions
                (ForestFightPosPlayer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] contains Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] movement speed to 0.00[/COLOR]
                Unit Group - Remove Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] from unitGroupUnSelectable
                    If - Conditions
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Make Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] face 0.00 over 0.50 seconds
                    Else - Actions
                        Unit - Make Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] face 180.00 over 0.50 seconds
                Skip remaining actions
            [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Else - Actions
                Unit - Order Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to Move To pointFightPositionArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
            [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]If - Conditions
                (ForestFightPosPlayer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] contains Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] movement speed to 0.00[/COLOR]
                Unit Group - Remove Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] from unitGroupUnSelectable
                    If - Conditions
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Make Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] face 0.00 over 0.50 seconds
                    Else - Actions
                        Unit - Make Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] face 180.00 over 0.50 seconds
                Skip remaining actions
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]            Else - Actions
                Unit - Order Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to Move To pointFightPositionArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                    Then - Actions
                    Else - Actions
                Skip remaining actions
            Else - Actions

I think I have tried this:
  • Wait until ((ForestFightPosPlayer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] contains Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) True), checking every 1.00 seconds
...but it didn't work, but I will try again.

Last edited:
Level 6
If you are interested her is what the code looks like:
(relevant lines are in Royal Blue)

• Attack 8
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
      • Player - Player 7 (Green)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown)'s Available free Heroes becomes Equal to 8.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set integerIDAbilityCastPlayerArra[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = ((Triggering player) Available free Heroes)
      • Player - Set (Triggering player) Available free Heroes to 2
  • [COLOR=RoyalBlue] Unit - Set Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] movement speed to (Default movement speed of Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))])
    • Unit - Add Attack Enabler to Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player number of (Triggering player)) Less than (<) 6
        • Then - Actions
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (Attacks|r |cfff5f5f5 + (Proper name of UnitTargetArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))])) above Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with Z offset 7.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        • Else - Actions
          • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (((Name of Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) + s|r |cfff5f5f5) + (Proper name of UnitTargetArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))])) above Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with Z offset 7.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
    • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 80.00 towards 90.00 degrees
    • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
    • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to zz_SpellTextTime seconds
    • Wait 0.02 game-time seconds
  • [COLOR=RoyalBlue] Unit - Order Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to Attack Once UnitTargetArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
    • Wait 3.00 game-time seconds
    • Set playersTurnBooleanArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))] = False
    • Player - Set (Triggering player) Game result to 1
  • [COLOR=RoyalBlue] Unit - Remove Attack Enabler from Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
    • Wait 0.50 game-time seconds
  • [COLOR=RoyalBlue] Unit - Order Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to Move To pointFightPositionArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
    • Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • [COLOR=RoyalBlue]If - Conditions
          • (ForestFightPosPlayer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] contains Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] movement speed to 0.00[/COLOR]
          • Unit Group - Remove Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] from unitGroupUnSelectable
              • If - Conditions
              • Then - Actions
                • Unit - Make Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] face 0.00 over 0.50 seconds
              • Else - Actions
                • Unit - Make Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] face 180.00 over 0.50 seconds
          • Skip remaining actions
        • [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Else - Actions
          • Unit - Order Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to Move To pointFightPositionArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
        • [COLOR=RoyalBlue]If - Conditions
          • (ForestFightPosPlayer[(Player number of (Triggering player))] contains Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]) Equal to (==) True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] movement speed to 0.00[/COLOR]
          • Unit Group - Remove Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] from unitGroupUnSelectable
              • If - Conditions
              • Then - Actions
                • Unit - Make Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] face 0.00 over 0.50 seconds
              • Else - Actions
                • Unit - Make Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] face 180.00 over 0.50 seconds
          • Skip remaining actions
  • [COLOR=RoyalBlue] Else - Actions
    • Unit - Order Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))] to Move To pointFightPositionArray[(Player number of (Triggering player))][/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=RoyalBlue] If - Conditions
    • Then - Actions
          • If - Conditions
          • Then - Actions
          • Else - Actions
      • Skip remaining actions
    • Else - Actions
I think I have tried this:

...but it didn't work, but I will try again.
No...I meant just to add something like this as wait function for returning"Wait until Distance between position of forest unit and position where this unit should return becomes <= 30.00 checking every 0.50 sec." and then make it's MS to 0
This "wait" will check until you forest unit reaches the point you need with 30 radius,I made smth. like this in my revival system=)
You can find it in "Real Conditions" as "Distance between points".

Off-topic:
Use "Trigger" tag instead of "Code"=)

Level 5
LexX: No...I meant just to add something like this as wait function for
returning"Wait until Distance between position of forest unit and position where this unit should return becomes <= 30.00 checking every 0.50 sec." and then make it's MS to 0
This "wait" will check until you forest unit reaches the point you need with 30 radius,I made smth. like this in my revival system=)
You can find it in "Real Conditions" as "Distance between points".
Don't worry I understood from the start.
I know that checking if a unit is with-in a region is different.
I will try your distance to point method and see if I get more favourable results.

LexX: Off-topic:
Use "Trigger" tag instead of "Code"=)
Chears for the tip, I will use the trigger tag in future, but I guess it was useful the way I did it in that I could put the relevent code in blue.

Level 6
I think that this would be very good for the Vincint. It is an awsome model. I got it from Warcraft 3 Unlimited. I think that it would be a very good model for him
BTW: I love this map. I gave it 5/5
Paths are in the Read-Me

Last edited:

pkw

pkw

Level 9
I think that this would be very good for the Vincint. It is an awsome model. I got it from Warcraft 3 Unlimited. I think that it would be a very good model for him
Paths are in the Read-Me

That is a model that me and Orochi edited from a Black_Stan's HeroMagoichiSaiga model.

Refer to http://wc3r.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=3148

Use it freely thou. But remember to give me and orochi the credits..

Level 5
Hevenblood: I think that this would be very good for the Vincint. It is an awsome model. I got it from Warcraft 3 Unlimited. I think that it would be a very good model for him
Paths are in the Read-Me
Thanks for giving the map 5/5; greatly appreciated. I am also glad you enjoyed the map!
I have been using that model for a while now, but just incase the files you provided are a newer version I replaced all the files in my map with the ones you posted.

pkw: That is a model that me and Orochi edited from a Black_Stan's HeroMagoichiSaiga model.
Use it freely thou. But remember to give me and orochi the credits..
Thankyou for the extra information; credits of course.

Reactions: pkw
Level 5
LexX: And what will they do instead of moving??
Currently in the un-released version I am working on the characters whilst in battle have 0 movement speed for the duration of the battle. All the units have ranged attack, but melee attack units don't have projectiles. As usual a character will only attack if you select attack on the menu when it is your turn.

pkw: They jump to their enemy and attack XD
Retro FF style hehe. Characters advance slightly when performing actions. Currently not using such a system. Trying to keep it simple at the moment.

LexX: Oh....Is your move system a periodical event???
If yes,then problem is in it
I posted the trigger that is used in the currently released version on the previous page. You can view it there.
I have used a timer before (with the same circle movement issue), but a time or 'periodical event' is not used in the currently released version.

Level 6
Currently in the un-released version I am working on the characters whilst in battle have 0 movement speed for the duration of the battle. All the units have ranged attack, but melee attack units don't have projectiles. As usual a character will only attack if you select attack on the menu when it is your turn.
:confused:A pity they won't move...

Level 5
New version is not polished enough for a Hive Workshop release.
I have replicated the original games world map and am working on some arrow controlled battle menus.
I have lots of ideas running through my head.

If anyone want's to see what I am working on, just Private Message me or Post here and I will give you a copy.

Last edited:
Level 5
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=93662

This is that hawkstrider thing. It looks Like a chocobo knight unit. In the W3 veiwer, the chocobo is meshes 1-7 & 10. So if someone could remove the other meshes for you...Me personally, I'll just erase the .blp using gimp for what I need invisible and remove the team color on the invisible parts.

That is a really good suggestion. The bird looks similar to the more modern Final Fantasy chocobos and it would be nice to have a jockey for the races. The weapon would have to be removed and also the rider when the chocobos are not in races. I have no modeling skills so can not alter the model by myself. Currently the chicken model allows me to easily change the model colour for Common, Green, Blue, Black and Gold chocobos and am not sure if this model will allow the same freedom.

Level 2
Just use Gimp. It takes almost zero skill to erase the lance and make better colored chocobos. Actually...let me get a look at the .blp and I will most likely do this all myself and post it on this site for you (giving credit to the creator, of course) by the end of the weekend, if not the day.

Edit: Yeah. Just looked at it. I'll have a clean texture finished in a few hours. I need sleep first.
A few things:
1. What colors do you want? Just the yellow, blue, green, black, & gold? I ask because in Tactics was Purple chocobos, and in Gold Saucer races were a pink and a white as well.
2. Do you want them naked or with the armor, or both?
3. Not a bad job for a demo, by the way. I would suggest that after you're done playing around with the beta; you seperate and expand the map by taking advantage of the ability to make custom campaigns. By spacing via campaigning you can have more of everything and don't have to "force an elephant in a volvo", so to speak. Like the 10x10 section of woods could be made into an entire map just for monster encounters like a world map section. And if you made that map, as a world map, you could shrink the trees and houses down to 35% so it looks like VII/VIII's and make the monster encounters activated using an invisible wisp model set to Min. Move 100 and Wander (it's used by the birds in game to make them fly around) an have these invisible units autotrigger your little "Challenge Made" arena teleport trick. Just have them die when they autotrigger it and have a random rock or something autorespawn a new one on a 3-5 min training time so they don't clump together.
4. I wasn't gonna do the jockey thing since they would all look alike unless I gussied them up too..but whatever. I'll do it too, but slower output from me due to it. (because I'll be doing each color three or six times.

Last edited:
Level 2
Okay, a rougher chocobo skin is finished for the hawkstrider model. I posted it already.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/chocobo-yellow-elf-blp-198140/#post1946125

Now, I'll be making all the other colors by hand, but you can just do the color shift in game the same way. And I gave them the yellow ones blue eyes. XD

if you can find the texture used for the chickens; I can make chibibos. I had trouble finding it. what is listed as the texture I can't find through WC3 Viewer.

NWN and Fable were so much easier to edit...