• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Final Fantasy Battle sistem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everybody!

Could somebody help? I creating one roleplaying map for my map pack, and i want that battle with bosses would be like battle in Final Fantasy(i think most of you played at least one FF). So how create that battle sistem and ai for that(GUI is prefered)

Level 4
O.k. i'll try but my English is very bad.
In this sistem your heroes and enemies(some boss can call for help) stay on there position and waiting. When time elepse hero or boss can simply attack or use ability\item. When hero under attack ragemeter filling and when its fill he can attack strongly(like critical) Units ca move only when attack.

Level 14
Kinda like this

or this

Minus the movies/dialog of course.

Oh, also this, it's not Final Fantasy, but it's the same system. And Legend of Legaia was better than FF anyway :)

Level 14
hmmm I was actually thinking about this, you could do it all through dialogs and have a specific place set off in the map where fights go on. That actually sounds kinda fun. A lot of hard work, but fun if done right.

Level 4
I understang but how to make Boss and heroes not move and teach boss to call for help, attack, using abilities threw dialog?!

Level 14
well you would have to have triggers that make them hold position while it's not their turn. I dunno, it would be a shitload of work. Or maybe the freeze all units on map action.

The abilities that they use could be done through the Dialog too. You could have the abilities sectioned off into Physical Damage or Spell Damage, and then their specific abilities for each one after that initial dialog.

That would be a lot of work, but if you really wanted to, you could do it.

Level 4
But what about boss AI?! I want that he'll have abilities too and use them cleverly(not just randomly when boss try to heal himself when his hp is fool). If I would create triggers for every situation, then it wouldn't be shitload of work. It fould be super shitload of work!

Level 14
I don't know much about doing AI, there's triggers for it though.

Yes it would be a super shitload, welcome to triggering :)

Level 12
I think it would be good to make the menus on each hero, and them give them ability like:

Attack
Defend
Spell
Item

And them "Player - Enable ability" when its player turn, or "Player - Disable ability" when its opponent turn, and when the player clicks on the ability it will appear a dialog box or whatever...

Level 29
The most user-friendly thing is to just give a menu of abilities (a spell book or normal abilities).
Once an ability is cast, a variable is set and then when it's that unit's turn it does whatever the variable is equal to.
This is used in about 99% of the turn-based games ever made.

Level 4
And one more question. I want to create some abilities for this sistem that would modify terran of battle field. For example hero use spell called "piranhas pack": All place sink into water, them mage call pack of piranhas that eat enemy for three mage turns, and then pack disappear and all water is dry up and place return to normal. How i can submurge terran(it's spesific place for battle)

Oh allmost forgot. Can I remove that stupid glow umder non-customed heroes!

And big thank for previous

Last edited:
Level 29
And one more question. I want to create some abilities for this sistem that would modify terran of battle field. For example hero use spell called "piranhas pack": All place sink into water, them mage call pack of piranhas that eat enemy for three mage turns, and then pack disappear and all water is dry up and place return to normal. How i can submurge terran(it's spesific place for battle)

Another solution would be using the Raise Water (or whatever it's called) model, but you'll have to mess with some crap for that.

Oh allmost forgot. Can I remove that stupid glow umder non-customed heroes!

Only if you delete it via a modeling program.

Level 14
For removing glows/geosests there are a couple of tutorials here.

But if you use the Magos Model editor way, it's the easiest.

Last edited:
Level 12
>.> use timers :O that uses a random number then that makes the monster use a random spell equal to the number he got and make it that (like mojo's experiments) when all his monsters die do close (normal attack trigger) and open (monster spawn trigger) and at the end of the monsetr spawn trigger say close (this trigger) open (normal attack trigger) so that the timer dont realy just spam the revive while using spells >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.