• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Final Arena v1.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Final Arena is a Warcraft 3 map. You fight for your life in a Canyon filled with dangerous monsters and an enemy which is hunting you down! Choose one out of 6 heroes and beat your enemy! Your main goal is to win over enemy hero by killing him 30 times then his soul breaks. There are 3 good heroes and 3 evil ones. play against another human! Hint - You can go to our facebook page and set and idea for a hero. Maybe your hero is going to be made.

qv4z.png

Credits:
Rayblast - Creator/ Editor
Nexus - Trigger Editor
Roasted - Page Editor

Changelog:

Valpha_1 - Game created

Author's notes: This map is still in Alpha.
Real Matches (Competition) will be held in December , Your Profile is going to be on our site.

Keywords:
Warcraft 3, Fun, 1v1, FFA, battle
Contents

Final Arena v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
20:40, 8th Oct 2013 Orcnet: Stated by SeedinAethyr:

M

20:40, 8th Oct 2013
Orcnet: Stated by SeedinAethyr:

SeedinAethyr;2423070 said:
Hello Rayblast, I am reviewing your map, Final Arena. I am going to start by saying this: Maps in alpha stage are not allowed in the Maps section. Create a thread about it in Map Development. Also, alpha stage maps must have a version number below 1.0; 1.0 and above is considered beta. Next, although your description has some use of BB Codes (color, italics, boldface), it still looks pretty unattractive. I sugggest you post some screenshots. Screenshots look nice. You also don't have a map preview; might want to look into that, map previews make maps more attractive. Also, although I know you're being truthful in those "Author's Notes", but it sorta makes your map seem unprofessional. Saying it is alpha doesn't make it more appealing. Also, the map is singleplayer; what do you mean it has "not been played before( Real Match)"? Do you mean it hasn't been online tested or what? Or that you actually have never played your own map before? Now, when I started your map, I was not told what to do. There were no quests, no initial messages, nothing to tell me what to do in the map. I only saw four chooseable heroes. I thought you had said that there were twenty-four heroes. The heroes also had unappealing and in some cases, wrong descriptions (tooltips). The Ichor has a Paladin description. Even though he might serve the same purpose as the Paladin, he definitely does not have the Paladin's spells. Also, the Super Sheep has an incredibly uninformative description. You should make some sort of repick system too, just incase the player doesn't like the hero he or she chose (like I did). It's nice that you have custom values in for stats I guess, but from what I could see, the hero would never be able to kill the protection tower because he's so god damn weak. I know the heroes level up sorta fast, but he always has to go back to the Spawn (where did you come up with that name?) to heal. Also, I don't know when the enemy hero will come out. If you have an AI for the enemy, that's good, but really, I'm too bored to find out if you do. Honestly, the spells for the hero I'm playing are boring, and it's really boring to just grind creeps, run back and heal, come out, grind more creeps. I also don't understand why my hero sells a Ring of Protection. The A Items Store doesn't have any items. Lastly, you should make a multiboard so that the player can keep track of his kills.
I believe I've summed up all the important points.
I vote for rejection.

Level 3
Come and test with me( croOzone - creator) On the garena in the europe room 3!

Please don't submit uncompleted maps. This is still considered as Alpha to me, as there's still 21 Heroes and many gameplay part still on Development.
Also. Actually, your description really lacking some design. I recommend http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/map-description-templates-171659/ or http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/map-description-generator-1-2-a-224558/
Use Map Development Forum for Map on Development.
. Ok thank getting right to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 30
Map has quite a bad description. I suggest you to add more descriptions into this and maybe some little usage of BB Codes. Describe what the game is, how is it being played, what does it features and its difference on those games out there that makes it unique from others, most likely screenshots (if you dont know how to put a screenshots: read this tutorial, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...w-add-screenshot-your-map-description-241054/), some author or final notes and there, the changelog.

Sorry if Im too much judgy on the description but I just want to help you make your map presentable for it is one of the factors that is being judge before being approved! :)

BTW, if you need some Templates to make your map have this eyecandy presentable Description, go to this ff. Map Templates: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/miscellaneous-tutorials-456/map-description-templates-171659/

SeedinAethyr

Spam Moderator
Level 11
Hello Rayblast, I am reviewing your map, Final Arena. I am going to start by saying this: Maps in alpha stage are not allowed in the Maps section. Create a thread about it in Map Development. Also, alpha stage maps must have a version number below 1.0; 1.0 and above is considered beta. Next, although your description has some use of BB Codes (color, italics, boldface), it still looks pretty unattractive. I sugggest you post some screenshots. Screenshots look nice. You also don't have a map preview; might want to look into that, map previews make maps more attractive. Also, although I know you're being truthful in those "Author's Notes", but it sorta makes your map seem unprofessional. Saying it is alpha doesn't make it more appealing. Also, the map is singleplayer; what do you mean it has "not been played before( Real Match)"? Do you mean it hasn't been online tested or what? Or that you actually have never played your own map before? Now, when I started your map, I was not told what to do. There were no quests, no initial messages, nothing to tell me what to do in the map. I only saw four chooseable heroes. I thought you had said that there were twenty-four heroes. The heroes also had unappealing and in some cases, wrong descriptions (tooltips). The Ichor has a Paladin description. Even though he might serve the same purpose as the Paladin, he definitely does not have the Paladin's spells. Also, the Super Sheep has an incredibly uninformative description. You should make some sort of repick system too, just incase the player doesn't like the hero he or she chose (like I did). It's nice that you have custom values in for stats I guess, but from what I could see, the hero would never be able to kill the protection tower because he's so god damn weak. I know the heroes level up sorta fast, but he always has to go back to the Spawn (where did you come up with that name?) to heal. Also, I don't know when the enemy hero will come out. If you have an AI for the enemy, that's good, but really, I'm too bored to find out if you do. Honestly, the spells for the hero I'm playing are boring, and it's really boring to just grind creeps, run back and heal, come out, grind more creeps. I also don't understand why my hero sells a Ring of Protection. The A Items Store doesn't have any items. Lastly, you should make a multiboard so that the player can keep track of his kills.
I believe I've summed up all the important points.
I vote for rejection.

Last edited: