• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Final Arear + Max damage/Shadow Meld

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
What do these two things do with Shockwave, Crushing Wave,etc ??

And also, is there anyway for Shadow Meld during the day and night instead of ONLY Night ?

Level 18
I guess the Starting and Final Area fields define the Cone of the Effect. Which means the wave starts small and gets a bigger radius at the end within the enemies get damage.

The Max Damage is kinda tricky, I don't know the correct info either.. but i guess it's the summ of damage given. means if you choose 300 damage on the first fields and enter 3000 damage as max damage, then the spell will only deal 3000 damage at all. which means you could hit 10 units with 300 damage, if there are 15 units, then still only 10 units will receive 300 to reach the 3000. The damage sharing between the units could be different but i guess it's just the limit for given damage. if you want to always hit every unit in range with the skill, choose a pretty high max damage value..

correct me if i'm wrong ^^

Level 19
I guess the Starting and Final Area fields define the Cone of the Effect. Which means the wave starts small and gets a bigger radius at the end within the enemies get damage.

The Max Damage is kinda tricky, I don't know the correct info either.. but i guess it's the summ of damage given. means if you choose 300 damage on the first fields and enter 3000 damage as max damage, then the spell will only deal 3000 damage at all. which means you could hit 10 units with 300 damage, if there are 15 units, then still only 10 units will receive 300 to reach the 3000. The damage sharing between the units could be different but i guess it's just the limit for given damage. if you want to always hit every unit in range with the skill, choose a pretty high max damage value..

correct me if i'm wrong ^^

Correct, except damage will split if theres over (maxDamage/Damage) targets so say if there was 15 targets in a 3k max damage abil dealing 300 damage each target would take 3000/15=200? damage. (note ive seen this bug occasionally with abilities that dont hit all of their targets at once e.g. a really slow shockwave) To make an ability have infinite maximum damage, just set it to 0

Also, I dont think Shadow Meld will work in the daytime because it is hardcoded and that cannot be changed

Status
Not open for further replies.